FORWARD: Bill Gates - New antichrist may be here?

William V. Swartz

Oct 5, 1994, 3:16:29 PM10/5/94
Arno Eigenwillig (ar...@yaps.dinoco.de) wrote:
: > * Disclaimer: I'm not the author of this message. Please, DO NOT
: > * REPLY to me by e-mail or ask for further details.
: >
: > Warning! Bill Gates (the president of the Microsoft
: > corporation, USA) may be the next antichrist:

What a load of crap. If Gates was in fact the antichrist, then I might
have reason to like the man. But I don't.

Striving to be,
Miscrosoft free...

--
// WVS Computing
\X/ -BiL- AmiCON: Amiga Central Ohio Network

Arno Eigenwillig

Sep 30, 1994, 9:40:41 AM9/30/94
In article <36aarr$r...@unix1.cc.ysu.edu>, Andreas Polzer
writes in alt.humor.best-of-usenet:

> From: an2...@anon.penet.fi
> Newsgroups: alt.christnet.religion,alt.religion.christian,
alt.religion.computers,talk.religion.misc
> Subject: New antichrist may be here?
>

> * Disclaimer: I'm not the author of this message. Please, DO NOT
> * REPLY to me by e-mail or ask for further details.
>
> Warning! Bill Gates (the president of the Microsoft
> corporation, USA) may be the next antichrist:
>

> * Revelation 13:18 says:
> *
> * Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the
> * number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His
> * number is 666.
>
> The real name of the Bill Gates is William Henry Gates III.
> Nowadays he is known as Bill Gates (III), where "III" means
> the order of third (3rd.)
>
> By converting the letters of his current name to the ASCII-
> values (which are used in computers) you will get the following:
>
> B I L L G A T E S 3
>
> 66 + 73 + 76 + 76 + 71 + 65 + 84 + 69 + 83 + 3 = 666
> """
> * Daniel 7:23 says:
> *
> * "Thus he said:
> * 'The fourth beast shall be
> * A fourth kingdom on Earth,
> * Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
> * And shall devour the whole Earth,
> * Trample it and break it in pieces.
>
> Current history knows three antichrists:
> - Adolf Hitler
> - Joseph Stalin
> - The Pope
>
> Is the fourth beast Microsoft corporation which represents
> the power of money?
>
> * Revelation 13:16 and 13:18 says:
> *
> * He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and
> * slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their
> * foreheads.
> *
> * and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or
> * the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
>
> "Windows compatible?"
>
> --

-- __
__/// Arno Eigenwillig <ar...@yaps.dinoco.de> \\ Stamp out patents
\XX/ MIME & any PGP V2 supported * V:+49-2225-5870 \\ for algorithms!

When in doubt, use brute force! [Ken Thompson]

Fallguy454

Oct 6, 1994, 8:03:03 PM10/6/94
In article <36uu2d$s...@rigel.infinet.com>, woo...@infinet.com (William V.
Swartz) writes:

>What a load of crap. If Gates was in fact the antichrist, then I might
>have reason to like the man. But I don't.

I have a reason...despite his bad points and his monopolistic management
style,
he has vowed to donate 90% of his 9 billion fortune to good causes. The
antichrist would do the opposite..

Maxwell Daymon

Oct 7, 1994, 4:18:13 AM10/7/94
Fallguy454 (fallg...@aol.com) wrote:
: >What a load of crap. If Gates was in fact the antichrist, then I might
: >have reason to like the man. But I don't.

: I have a reason...despite his bad points and his monopolistic management
: style,
: he has vowed to donate 90% of his 9 billion fortune to good causes. The
: antichrist would do the opposite..

Vows change. Anyway, he's probably realized that it'd be too hard to
spend his fortune (he probably can't even THINK of enough things to buy)
so why not give some of that extra to "good causes" and get people on his
side.

The antichrist would lie and deceive to get what he wants, so this is not
a strange thing.

ANYWAY... ;-)

--
//
// Maxwell Daymon

David K Martin

Oct 7, 1994, 9:25:14 AM10/7/94
Well, you do have to admit that Bill Gates has caused untold anquish and
suffering to millions of people by making them use MS-DOS and Windoze.

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Dave Martin - d...@col.hp.com

Dave Cowley

Oct 7, 1994, 1:46:20 PM10/7/94
In article <373i7q$t...@hp-col.col.hp.com> d...@col.hp.com (David K Martin) writes:
>Well, you do have to admit that Bill Gates has caused untold anquish and
>suffering to millions of people by making them use MS-DOS and Windoze.

Not exactly. What he's done is made them *believe* that MS-DOS and
Windoze are the best products to use. That's far worse. He didn't
force anybody -- he deceived them into believing that PCs and
MS-DOS/Windows make an acceptable computing platform.

We, of course, know better. ;-)

The man has become richer than God peddling '80s technology as state of
the art in the '90s. Christ, that galls me!

Of course, this doesn't even resemble what Battelle Memorial Institute
would have to say about the matter. They love their PCs here!

- Dave Cowley

(de_c...@pnl.gov)
--
- Dave Cowley
(de_c...@pnl.gov)

Bruce Rae

Oct 9, 1994, 12:40:59 AM10/9/94
: > Warning! Bill Gates (the president of the Microsoft

: > corporation, USA) may be the next antichrist:
: >
That would certainly answer a lot of questions re: windows >:->

Bjoern Lindgren

Oct 10, 1994, 4:23:15 AM10/10/94
Bill Gates???? is he a fried of Mehid Ali? ;-)

--
* Björn Lindgren | - Hey Amiga, the Sun is rising ! *
* ^o with dots above | She thoughtfully took a byte in her Apple. *

Mike Noreen

Oct 9, 1994, 9:58:03 AM10/9/94
In the message * Re: FORWARD: Bill Gates - New antichrist may be here? *
Fallguy454 wrote:

F> I have a reason...despite his bad points and his monopolistic management
F> style,
F> he has vowed to donate 90% of his 9 billion fortune to good causes. The
F> antichrist would do the opposite..

Remember that 'good' is a relative concept dependent on the views of the
user...

MVH: Mike Noreen InterNet: rad...@p14.anet.bbs.bad.se
FidoNet: 2:201/411.14

--- Spot 1.3 #989

Dave Cowley

Oct 12, 1994, 4:48:28 PM10/12/94
Mr. Bulhak? Nice to see you. I didn't know you hung out here.

In article <37foms$5...@harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au> acb...@penfold.cc.monash.edu.au (Andrew Bulhak) writes:

>Dave Cowley (d3c...@baldrick.pnl.gov) wrote:
>
>> The man has become richer than God peddling '80s technology as state of

>> ^^^

>> the art in the '90s. Christ, that galls me!
>>

>Shouldn't that be "60s technology"?
>
>There's nothing in MS-DOS that wasn't in the PDPs apart from hierarchial
>directories and VGA support.

That may very well be. I was referring in particular to MS Windows
-- which allowed Gates to become the Saviour of the PC User (TM). My
point simply was that there were implementations of windows interfaces in
the late '80s (e.g. Workbench) that were cleaner and less kludgy than MS
Windows is now.

AmigaDOS and Workbench were designed for windowing and multitasking from
the start, and represent a small and elegant implementation. MS DOS, OTOH,
was never meant to do those things, and Windows is a tacked-on front end
to DOS that allows a GUI and task-switching. The result is a cumbersome
system that has ridiculous RAM and processor requirements, and merely
covers up the warts of DOS. Microsoft should have fnord chucked DOS and
Windows and rebuilt from the ground up five years ago.

- Dave Cowley

(de_c...@pnl.gov)

(Who's feeling a little more charitable than when he wrote the previous
post).

Andrew Bulhak

Oct 12, 1994, 12:29:16 AM10/12/94
[...]

Andrew Bulhak a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au
Estimated Usenet time to live: 34 days

elginwil...@gmail.com

May 15, 2020, 1:33:03 AM5/15/20
the Antichrist will be beloved. This is exactly what he would do. This beast well sing to be the most gentle kind person you've ever met. and if Bill gate is in the picture of what I imagine the Antichrist to be....
he will be the antithesis of all famous people you see he won't look like he has lots of money.

//

Sep 17, 2021, 5:50:47 PM9/17/21
On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 12:33:03 AM UTC-5, elginwil...@gmail.com wrote:
> the Antichrist will be beloved. This is exactly what he would do. This beast well sing to be the most gentle kind person you've ever met. and if Bill gate is in the picture of what I imagine the Antichrist to be....
> he will be the antithesis of all famous people you see he won't look like he has lots of money.

Incredible to see comments here since 1994 and it was already rumored that Bill Gates was the antichrist, now in 2021, ID 2020, that he already talks about a digital tattoo, "no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark of the beast" , creator of the Covid, vaccines for everyone, practically the control of the UN, GAVI, MONSANTO, and the recent news that he has quietly bought more agricultural land than anyone in the world, to manage food, the right to eat , the right to choose what they eat, to choose how it is grown, and to choose who grows it, and the control of the seeds, well, we could continue with more and more data.

//

Sep 17, 2021, 5:51:18 PM9/17/21

Pinku Basudei

Sep 18, 2021, 5:29:08 AM9/18/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
"//" <joelcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Incredible to see comments here since 1994 and it was already rumored that Bill Gates was the antichrist, now in 2021, ID 2020, that he already talks about a digital tattoo, "no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark of the beast" , creator of the Covid, vaccines for everyone, practically the control of the UN, GAVI, MONSANTO, and the recent news that he has quietly bought more agricultural land than anyone in the world, to manage food, the right to eat , the right to choose what they eat, to choose how it is grown, and to choose who grows it, and the control of the seeds, well, we could continue with more and more data.

Thank you for this trip down Usenet memory lane. This newsgroup is not about Microsoft, Bill Gates or religion however, and I suspect people writing about Bill Gates being antichrist in 1994 did so as a joke.

--

/ Pinku

Martin T

Aug 13, 2022, 4:38:43 PM8/13/22
Hopefully so, but some Amiga-fanatics seems to be quite "special" in their thinking. :)

But I guess that is true of every niche/sect/cult.