CLI interface

Chris Rex

Mar 29, 2001, 12:32:37 PM3/29/01

I am a dos lover.... I also like playing with the amiga. I don't like
how workbench defaults to show icons only view, and don't know how to change
it. Which I guess is fine, because I like cli anyway. Does anyone know if
CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a text
only screen?

Thanks,

Chris

Joona I Palaste

Mar 29, 2001, 1:11:00 PM3/29/01
Chris Rex <chri...@robbware.com> scribbled the following
on comp.sys.amiga.misc:
> Hi,

You can't. The Amiga does not HAVE a text-only mode. It's like the Mac,
graphics are native to the OS.

--
/-- Joona Palaste (pal...@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\

Terrance Richard Boyes

Mar 29, 2001, 1:47:12 PM3/29/01

The closest you can get is to remove LoadWB from the startup-sequence,
and instead start a newshell with the backdrop/noborder/etc... options.

--
<URL:http://www.pierrot.co.uk/faq/dtm.faq> Team AMIGA
In the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, it's often useful to have a nice, solid

Patrick Ford

Mar 29, 2001, 8:54:42 PM3/29/01
Joona I Palaste wrote:

> Chris Rex <chri...@robbware.com> scribbled the following
> on comp.sys.amiga.misc:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am a dos lover.... I also like playing with the amiga. I don't like
> > how workbench defaults to show icons only view, and don't know how to change
> > it. Which I guess is fine, because I like cli anyway. Does anyone know if
> > CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a text
> > only screen?
>
> You can't. The Amiga does not HAVE a text-only mode. It's like the Mac,
> graphics are native to the OS.

Then what do you call it when you boot with no startup-sequence?

My domain contains .co, not .com as appears in the header.
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+==+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Patrick Ford Auckland, Aotearoa (New Zealand)

Harvesters, send spam directly to:
ro...@127.0.0.1,abuse@!--#echo var,postm...@nsa.gov
postmaster@localhost,abuse@localhost,ro...@mailloop.com
cat/dev/zero/tmp/...`@localhost,halt@localhost.C:\con\con@localhost
news.admin.ne...@myriad.alias.net,spa...@spamcop.net

Timothy Rue

Mar 29, 2001, 9:14:46 PM3/29/01
On 29-Mar-01 20:54:42 Patrick Ford <pa...@ihug.com.nz> wrote:
>Joona I Palaste wrote:

>> Chris Rex <chri...@robbware.com> scribbled the following
>> on comp.sys.amiga.misc:
>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I am a dos lover.... I also like playing with the amiga. I don't
>> > like
>> > how workbench defaults to show icons only view, and don't know how to
>> > change it. Which I guess is fine, because I like cli anyway. Does
>> > anyone know if CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be
>> > looking at a text only screen?
>>
>> You can't. The Amiga does not HAVE a text-only mode. It's like the Mac,
>> graphics are native to the OS.

>Then what do you call it when you boot with no startup-sequence?

You can have a startup-sequence and even a user-startup.

Workbench is loaded up only when you use the 'loadwb' command.

The Amiga's primary user interface is the cli (Command Line interface).

Also if you look up in the Workbench menu you will find a 'quit' selection
for quiting workbench.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
*~ ~ ~ Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue What's *DONE* in all we do? *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:tim...@mindspring.com >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/ ^<--------<----9----<--------<

Kirk Strauser

Mar 29, 2001, 9:49:26 PM3/29/01

At 2001-03-30T01:54:42Z, "Patrick Ford" <pa...@ihug.com.nz> writes:

> Then what do you call it when you boot with no startup-sequence?

Something similar to what Linux users call their all-text screen most of the
time, VGA Text Mode.

A lot of earlier computers (IBM PC, Commodore 64/128) has true text screens,
where the frame buffer was reading the contents of an array representing the
screen, loading the data for the character stored at a position in the
array, and dumping that graphical data to the output. Amigas, Macs, and
modern OSes (Linux, FreeBSD, etc.) instead run in pure graphics modes, where
the screen is a bitmapped display and the font data for a character is
copied to the bitmap as each character is written to the output.

Note that a startup-sequence-less Amiga still has widgets on the "text"
window you're typing in.
--
Kirk Strauser

Patrick Ford

Mar 29, 2001, 10:02:47 PM3/29/01
Timothy Rue wrote:

> On 29-Mar-01 20:54:42 Patrick Ford <pa...@ihug.com.nz> wrote:
> >Joona I Palaste wrote:
>
> >> Chris Rex <chri...@robbware.com> scribbled the following
> >> on comp.sys.amiga.misc:

> >> You can't. The Amiga does not HAVE a text-only mode. It's like the Mac,
> >> graphics are native to the OS.
>
> >Then what do you call it when you boot with no startup-sequence?
>
> You can have a startup-sequence and even a user-startup.

Sure you can, but booting with no startup gfrom the early boot screen is
the simplest way to get a CLI-only boot

> Workbench is loaded up only when you use the 'loadwb' command.
>
> The Amiga's primary user interface is the cli (Command Line interface).

I was going to join CLI The Only Real Interface Society but I refused to wear
the t-shirt with the logo on it.

Mike Leavitt

Mar 29, 2001, 9:54:09 PM3/29/01
Hello Chris Rex

> Hi,
>
> I am a dos lover.... I also like playing with the amiga. I don't like
> how workbench defaults to show icons only view, and don't know how to change
> it. Which I guess is fine, because I like cli anyway. Does anyone know if
> CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a text
> only screen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

VincED which comes with OS 3.9, and I had previously off Aminet or the
Thor website, will do that. It allows you to resize the CLI screen and
scroll back to text that went off the screen. I think KingCon will do
this too, but I've never used it. This is not a full text mode though.

--

Mike Leavitt ac...@lafn.org + team Amiga +

Chad Dylan Long

Mar 30, 2001, 2:06:58 AM3/30/01

"Kirk Strauser" <ki...@strauser.com> wrote in message

> Note that a startup-sequence-less Amiga still has widgets on the "text"
> window you're typing in.

There is a hack called "noborder" that erases the widgets and borders of the
CLI window, essentially leaving you with text-on-background and nothing
else. The widgets (like the resize control, for example) still work, but
they're invisible.

Chad

Uffe Holst

Mar 30, 2001, 3:59:33 AM3/30/01

If you remove the LoadWB line in your s:startup-sequence you will be running
a CLI-only Amiga.

A strange desire, but of course it can be done.

--
Uffe Holst

Patrick Ford

Mar 30, 2001, 4:07:08 AM3/30/01
Uffe Holst wrote:

It is strange but people do it. A friend using my computer started
programs from shell by doing DIR to find the path, then typing in full path
and name, in spite of the obvious left-out icons.

I think it's a malaise caught from exposure to ?NIX. I frequently see those
geeks doing the same.

Kelli Halliburton

Mar 30, 2001, 10:49:24 AM3/30/01
> I was going to join CLI The Only Real Interface Society but I refused to
wear
> the t-shirt with the logo on it.

...snort...

Terry Palfrey

Apr 1, 2001, 11:49:23 AM4/1/01

My solution was to simply make a large virtual screen 1400X900 and locate a
number of open shells (I use WSHell) dedicated to various tasks that shared
half of that space with two iterations of my graphical shell DOPusIV.

Working in DOSmode is one thing but having the power of screens for various
doc or schematic views is way cool.

Terry

Gl...@canit.se

Apr 1, 2001, 5:51:07 PM4/1/01
> + On 29-Mar-01 18:32:37
+Chris Rex <chri...@robbware.com> wrote

No.. and yes..

It doesn't have any real textmode, but there are some hack that emulate it,
I think it called Fullcli or Fullshell or something.. it opens a screen without
borders and such, looks a bit like MS-DOS/Linux fullscreen textmode.

Oliver B. Warzecha

Apr 1, 2001, 8:15:06 AM4/1/01
In comp.sys.amiga.misc Kirk Strauser <ki...@strauser.com> wrote:

> At 2001-03-30T01:54:42Z, "Patrick Ford" <pa...@ihug.com.nz> writes:
>
>> Then what do you call it when you boot with no startup-sequence?
>
> Something similar to what Linux users call their all-text screen most of the
> time, VGA Text Mode.

Yes, but this is a different beast.

> A lot of earlier computers (IBM PC, Commodore 64/128) has true text screens,
> where the frame buffer was reading the contents of an array representing the
> screen, loading the data for the character stored at a position in the
> array, and dumping that graphical data to the output. Amigas, Macs, and
> modern OSes (Linux, FreeBSD, etc.) instead run in pure graphics modes, where
> the screen is a bitmapped display and the font data for a character is
> copied to the bitmap as each character is written to the output.

For Linux, this is only true when you use the "framebuffer" feature (the
mode where you can display a logo in the corner of the screen.). If you
use "VGA text console" as a primary display driver, the classical
character array mode is used.

As for FreeBSD, I think(!) it also uses text mode for it's boot console.
No graphical framebuffer here. The amount and type of flickering when
I switch between the text console and the X screen give me the
impression.

NetBSD/Amiga does use a graphical mode for it's boot display on my
Picasso II - I think.

> Note that a startup-sequence-less Amiga still has widgets on the "text"
> window you're typing in.

Because the screen is in a bitmapped graphics mode, contrary to typical
text consoles. :^)
--
OBW - Hilfe bei Einrichtung neuer Newsgruppen? ment...@dana.de
"Omega Metallicus is of course old Etruscan for "Let's Party"[...]

Ville Jouppi

Apr 2, 2001, 6:45:20 AM4/2/01
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 12:15:06 GMT, "Oliver B. Warzecha" <o...@amarok.ping.de>
wrote:

>NetBSD/Amiga does use a graphical mode for it's boot display on my
>Picasso II - I think.

So does Linux68k too.. I wonder if it's possible to access the card's
textmodes from linux - it would be a lot quicker to run it in a real textmode
instead of the gfx mode.
--
CBM, PEZ, and TI-calc nut, Scout, Glider pilot, Programmer
Email: vjo...@sci.fi, URL: http://www.sci.fi/~vjouppi/

Kirk Strauser

Apr 2, 2001, 9:21:36 AM4/2/01

At 2001-04-01T12:15:06Z, "Oliver B. Warzecha" <o...@amarok.ping.de> writes:

> In comp.sys.amiga.misc Kirk Strauser <ki...@strauser.com> wrote:

> As for FreeBSD, I think(!) it also uses text mode for it's boot console.
> No graphical framebuffer here. The amount and type of flickering when I
> switch between the text console and the X screen give me the impression.

FreeBSD uses a graphical textmode AFAICT. Evidence: I use the cute 'moving
Chuck' screensaver, which is almost certainly purely graphical, and the
switch between screensaver and text is instantaneous (or at least as nearly
so as possible). My monitor does not change modes.

> NetBSD/Amiga does use a graphical mode for it's boot display on my
> Picasso II - I think.

AFAIK, there is not a true text mode available to the Amiga hardware,
regardless of OS.

> > Note that a startup-sequence-less Amiga still has widgets on the "text"
> > window you're typing in.

> Because the screen is in a bitmapped graphics mode, contrary to typical
> text consoles. :^)

Correct. I wish I would've given different evidence in my original post.
Even though the screen seems to be purely textual in a non-LoadWB
startup-sequence (especially if using a widget-removal hack), you still have
a sprite mouse (which is a graphics-mode thing). Not to mention the fact
that you can launch GUI apps and see them pop up over your text.
--
Kirk Strauser

Martin

Apr 2, 2001, 8:37:54 PM4/2/01

> I am a dos lover.... I also like playing with the amiga. I don't like
>how workbench defaults to show icons only view, and don't know how to change
>it. Which I guess is fine, because I like cli anyway. Does anyone know if
>CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a text
>only screen

Try ScreenShell (new on Aminet), it does exactly that.

Holly

Apr 4, 2001, 10:56:57 PM4/4/01
hmph. Why not just run Un*x? :-)

--
:-)---Holly---<--<-@

"Chad Dylan Long" <so...@NOSPAM.byu.edu> wrote in message

Jukka Aho

Apr 11, 2001, 7:36:17 PM4/11/01
"Chris Rex" <chri...@robbware.com> wrote in message

You could open a separate screen for your shell, and then open the shell
(console) window on it in a full screen/borderless mode - without the
resizing/depth gadgets. You can still have a separate Workbench screen
for desktop utilities and the usual Workbench stuff, but your primary
working environment will be the shell.

In order to do this, you'll need a couple of utilities;

1) A 3rd party command line utility for opening public screens and
setting their color palette. I'm using ScreenManager, which you can
probably download from Aminet.

2) A better console window device than the default AmigaOS one. I'm
using KingCON, which can also be found on the Aminet. It offers
features like file name completion with the TAB key, backscroll
buffer and command line history.

My startup-sequence has two lines for achieving a full screen shell
setup (broken into several lines here):

1) bin:screenmanager <>nil: name "PrimaryShell" open title "Primary Shell"
planes 2 mode "PAL:High Res" popup colors 0x006,0xbcd,0x99b,0xee0 font
koskenkorva fontsize 8

2) newshell con:0/3/640/250/ /noborder/nodrag/noclose/nosize/backdrop/
nodepth/nogads/screenPrimaryShell from
s:boot/startup/PrimaryShell.startup

The first line opens a new public screen with a public screen name
"PrimaryShell", and "Primary Shell" in the title bar. It has two
bitplanes (4 colors) and it opens in "PAL:High Res" mode. The color
palette and title bar / menu font is also defined.

The second line opens a new shell window on the PrimaryShell public
screen. The empty space you see above ("...640/250/ /noborder...")
is actually an alt+space (ISO Latin 1 code 160, non-breaking space)
which serves as a window title.

-- znark

Zathras

May 18, 2001, 5:31:11 AM5/18/01

"Chris Rex" <chri...@robbware.com> wrote in message

I do not think so, unless I never found the setting but the CLI or shell can
be resized with the mouse. Until you close the Cli/Shell

---

Zathras

May 18, 2001, 5:32:31 AM5/18/01

"Patrick Ford" <pa...@ihug.com.nz> wrote in message

> Joona I Palaste wrote:
>
> > Chris Rex <chri...@robbware.com> scribbled the following
> > on comp.sys.amiga.misc:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > I am a dos lover.... I also like playing with the amiga. I don't
like
> > > how workbench defaults to show icons only view, and don't know how to
change
> > > it. Which I guess is fine, because I like cli anyway. Does anyone
know if
> > > CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a
text
> > > only screen?
> >
> > You can't. The Amiga does not HAVE a text-only mode. It's like the Mac,
> > graphics are native to the OS.
>
> Then what do you call it when you boot with no startup-sequence?

Buggered ?

Zathras

May 18, 2001, 5:34:31 AM5/18/01

"Holly" <hol...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> hmph. Why not just run Un*x? :-)

Because it isnt Amigados/Workbench

Richard Lavey

May 19, 2001, 1:55:35 PM5/19/01
Zathras (whit...@hotmail.com) led us to believe
in <3b04e...@news01.one.net.au> that...

> "Chris Rex" <chri...@robbware.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if
> > CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a
> text
> > only screen?
>
> I do not think so, unless I never found the setting but the CLI or shell can
> be resized with the mouse. Until you close the Cli/Shell

You can open a new shell and size it with the command

Replace everything in <> with appropriate values. If you use something like
ToolManager you can set up a hot-key to open a shell at your preferred
location / size.
--
I think I'm paranoid and complicated. I think I'm paranoid, manipulated

Richard Lavey : richard(a)startide(d)demon(d)co(d)uk

Thomas Richter

May 19, 2001, 6:52:29 PM5/19/01
In comp.sys.amiga.misc Richard Lavey <ric...@startide.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Zathras (whit...@hotmail.com) led us to believe
> in <3b04e...@news01.one.net.au> that...
>>
>> "Chris Rex" <chri...@robbware.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if
>> > CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a
>> text
>> > only screen?
>>
>> I do not think so, unless I never found the setting but the CLI or shell can
>> be resized with the mouse. Until you close the Cli/Shell

> You can open a new shell and size it with the command

> Replace everything in <> with appropriate values. If you use something like
> ToolManager you can set up a hot-key to open a shell at your preferred
> location / size.

For ViNCEd (part of Os 3.9, former releases on the Aminet):

newshell VNC://///SDEPTH4/NOBORDER/NODEPTH/NOCLOSE/NOSIZE/NOBUTTONS/BACKDROP

Greetings,
Thomas

______________don't_cut_here,_it_could_damage_your_terminal____________________
_______ _____ _____
/ / / / / / / EMAIL: th...@einstein.math.tu-berlin.de
/ /____/ / / /____/ http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~thor/thor/index.html
/ / / / / / \ PGP available on request, finger print:
/ / / /____/ / / 11 FC 46 B0 7F 42 43 AC 38 A4 78 9A 24 BC 77 BE

Patrick Ford

May 19, 2001, 9:43:31 PM5/19/01
Richard Lavey wrote:

> Zathras (whit...@hotmail.com) led us to believe
> in <3b04e...@news01.one.net.au> that...
> >
> > "Chris Rex" <chri...@robbware.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if
> > > CLI can be put into Full screen mode? SO I would just be looking at a
> > text
> > > only screen?
> >
> > I do not think so, unless I never found the setting but the CLI or shell can
> > be resized with the mouse. Until you close the Cli/Shell
>
> You can open a new shell and size it with the command

> Replace everything in <> with appropriate values. If you use something like
> ToolManager you can set up a hot-key to open a shell at your preferred
> location / size.

The shell that Toolmanager opened for me had no global PATH. Have you any
idea why?

My domain contains .co, not .com as appears in the header.

Mike Leavitt

May 19, 2001, 9:26:57 PM5/19/01
Hello Thomas Richter

> For ViNCEd (part of Os 3.9, former releases on the Aminet):
>
> newshell VNC://///SDEPTH4/NOBORDER/NODEPTH/NOCLOSE/NOSIZE/NOBUTTONS/BACKDROP

That gave me a nice borderless NTSC HighRes shell, instead of the
800xx600x8 one I had with a border. I guess I'll have to play with that
one. :-)

Thomas Richter

May 20, 2001, 11:23:34 AM5/20/01
In comp.sys.amiga.misc Mike Leavitt <ac...@lafn.org> wrote:
> Hello Thomas Richter
>
>> For ViNCEd (part of Os 3.9, former releases on the Aminet):
>>
>> newshell VNC://///SDEPTH4/NOBORDER/NODEPTH/NOCLOSE/NOSIZE/NOBUTTONS/BACKDROP

> That gave me a nice borderless NTSC HighRes shell, instead of the
> 800xx600x8 one I had with a border. I guess I'll have to play with that
> one. :-)

The screenmode is either adjustable with the "MONITORID" item on the "window path"
above, or by "SetVNC", the first "Window" page. Click on "Monitor", then select
the suitable default monitor ID for private screen usage.

So long,

Bill Hoggett

Jun 3, 2001, 7:27:17 AM6/3/01
On 20 May 2001 13:43:31 +1200, "Patrick Ford" <pa...@ihug.com.nz>
wrote:

>Richard Lavey wrote:
>
>> Zathras (whit...@hotmail.com) led us to believe
>> in <3b04e...@news01.one.net.au> that...
>> >
>> > "Chris Rex" <chri...@robbware.com> wrote in message

>> > text
>> >
>> > I do not think so, unless I never found the setting but the CLI or shell can
>> > be resized with the mouse. Until you close the Cli/Shell
>>
>> You can open a new shell and size it with the command

>> Replace everything in <> with appropriate values. If you use something like
>> ToolManager you can set up a hot-key to open a shell at your preferred
>> location / size.
>

>The shell that Toolmanager opened for me had no global PATH. Have you any
>idea why?

Not precisely. I have come across this before though, when testing
AIAB2000 R6 (Amiga-In-A-Box, the ready made setup for Amiga
emulation).

The author used ScreenTab to set up a Windows-like "Start" menu, and
one of the options was to kick in a shell. However, like in your
case, starting this shell only picked up the current directory and C:
as being on the PATH. Starting Shell in the usual way picked up the
PATH OK.

I must admit I never searched for the cause diligently enough. Since
James was using the same size shell from his menu as the WB Shell icon
opened, I simply advised him to change his menu entry from a CLI
command to the WB one, which did the trick but is really only a
workaround.

Sorry this isn't an actual fix, but I'd be interested if anyone knows
the real cause.

--
Bill Hoggett

Patrick Ford

Jun 3, 2001, 8:16:48 AM6/3/01
Bill Hoggett wrote:

> >> Replace everything in <> with appropriate values. If you use something like
> >> ToolManager you can set up a hot-key to open a shell at your preferred
> >> location / size.
> >

> >The shell that Toolmanager opened for me had no global PATH. Have you any
> >idea why?
>
> Not precisely. I have come across this before though, when testing
> AIAB2000 R6 (Amiga-In-A-Box, the ready made setup for Amiga
> emulation).
>
> The author used ScreenTab to set up a Windows-like "Start" menu, and
> one of the options was to kick in a shell. However, like in your
> case, starting this shell only picked up the current directory and C:
> as being on the PATH. Starting Shell in the usual way picked up the
> PATH OK.
>
> I must admit I never searched for the cause diligently enough. Since
> James was using the same size shell from his menu as the WB Shell icon
> opened, I simply advised him to change his menu entry from a CLI
> command to the WB one, which did the trick but is really only a
> workaround.

I'm pretty sure I tried that without any difference.

Bill Hoggett

Jun 3, 2001, 8:30:17 AM6/3/01
On 4 Jun 2001 00:16:48 +1200, "Patrick Ford" <pa...@ihug.com.nz> wrote:

>Bill Hoggett wrote:

>> I must admit I never searched for the cause diligently enough. Since
>> James was using the same size shell from his menu as the WB Shell icon
>> opened, I simply advised him to change his menu entry from a CLI
>> command to the WB one, which did the trick but is really only a
>> workaround.
>
>I'm pretty sure I tried that without any difference.

Well, I use ToolManager too, so let me know what your settings are for
starting up the shell and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
The maybe we can find the solution.

Does the shell work OK when started from the Shell icon?

--
Bill Hoggett

Patrick Ford

Jun 3, 2001, 9:40:27 AM6/3/01
Bill Hoggett wrote:

> On 4 Jun 2001 00:16:48 +1200, "Patrick Ford" <pa...@ihug.com.nz> wrote:
>
> >Bill Hoggett wrote:
>
> >> I must admit I never searched for the cause diligently enough. Since
> >> James was using the same size shell from his menu as the WB Shell icon
> >> opened, I simply advised him to change his menu entry from a CLI
> >> command to the WB one, which did the trick but is really only a
> >> workaround.
> >
> >I'm pretty sure I tried that without any difference.
>
> Well, I use ToolManager too, so let me know what your settings are for
> starting up the shell and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
> The maybe we can find the solution.

I no longer have Toolmanager since I installed DOpus as WB replacement.
Thanks for the offer, but my enquiry was really a historical stone in my
shoe that still irritates. When I saw ToolManager mentioned it triggered it
off.

> Does the shell work OK when started from the Shell icon?

Yes, every other way orf starting a shell worked notmally.

Petri Airio

Jun 11, 2001, 9:19:49 AM6/11/01
In comp.sys.amiga.introduction Patrick Ford <pa...@ihug.com.nz> wrote:

: Yes, every other way orf starting a shell worked notmally.

I use this solution on my system:

On startup-sequence I do

setenv PATH1 ".... paths you need"
setenv PATH2 "... more paths you need"

and

on shell-startup

path $PATH1
path $PATH2 add

Why two variables? Because there's a limit how long path string can be...

--
Love&Peace4Ever!

Patrick Ford

Jun 12, 2001, 8:01:26 AM6/12/01
Petri Airio wrote:

Interesting. . .One thing leads to another. I have ARexx scripts for
Microdot-II which will not run from Microdot's ARexx drawer, but will fun
from REXX: - presumably because the path to call them is too long.

sandrob

Oct 5, 2011, 6:02:40 PM10/5/11
Hi there,

I think you guys should check out http://www.opswat.com/ there are 2 or 3 products that may be a match. I think that OESIS Framework at http://www.opswat.com/products/oesis-framework provides a single interface to many antivirus packages. Another option is, I think, Metascan at http://www.opswat.com/products/metascan which is more for ISV.

I hope this helps.
Regards,