Retina Z2 CyberGraphX beta Drivers

Wade, R

Mar 3, 2008, 4:24:14 PM3/3/08
I think I had posted before that I believe I found the hard drive of mine
that I believe has the "fabled" CyberGraphX V4.2 beta drivers for the Retina
Z2. As of Saturday, I also found my old SCSI controller for the PC. Would it
not be glorius if I could somehow extract those drivers from that HD using
WinUAE?!

Pray for me, my fellow Amigans...Especially you Retina Z2 owners, because
when I get home today, I'm gonna try my best to get them!

Wade, R

Mar 5, 2008, 12:27:31 PM3/5/08

"Wade, R" <wa...@hotpop.com> wrote in message
Sorry guys HD still won't spin. :( Sux but this is the umptenth time I've
tried.

Antti Pyykko

Mar 6, 2008, 3:49:54 AM3/6/08
On 2008-03-05, Wade, R <wa...@hotpop.com> wrote:
> Sorry guys HD still won't spin. :( Sux but this is the umptenth time
> I've tried.

Does it make any sound at all?

The electronics may be dead. It might be possible to revive the hard
disk by switching the logic board to another one from a known good
identical hard disk. What is the make and model of your HD?

Another possibility is that the disk heads have gotten stuck on the
platters and static friction prevents the hard disk from spinning up.
It might be possible to free the heads by twisting the HD very quickly
in the same horizontal plane as the disk heads. Imagine throwing a
frisbee, just DON'T let go of the drive or let it hit anything. :)

Wade, R

Mar 6, 2008, 4:02:13 PM3/6/08

"Antti Pyykko" <comp.sys.am...@molukki.com> wrote in message
Dayum...I didn't think about the dead electronics...but its doubtful I'd be
able to find a Quantum 52MB drive nowadays. I hope the garbage didn't run
today. :(

MK

Mar 8, 2008, 1:06:12 PM3/8/08
I have an IDE version of the drive that still works
Also ran into drives that dont spin up
I've hooked them up to an old PC AT powersupply and twisted them really fast
with my hand to unstick the platters
then let it run for a while - worked on 4 drives i had

MK