SoftKicking my A4000

MartinKrpan

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Can somebody help me with this little problem of mine;)

I would like to softkick my A4000 in different Kicks (e.g. 2.1, 3.1,
ect.), but can't find a good program to do it...

I tried SKick but no luck:(

THNX,

MK

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Marcel DeVoe

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
MartinKrpan <marti...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Can somebody help me with this little problem of mine;)

> I would like to softkick my A4000 in different Kicks (e.g. 2.1, 3.1,
> ect.), but can't find a good program to do it...

> I tried SKick but no luck:(

ReloKick1.3 works fine here. It won't see your hard drives though, just
floppies. Don't use it that much though. Degrading my Amiga works most of
the time to play older games.

--
Marcel J. DeVoe - mde...@shore.net - Team *AMIGA*
A4091scsi CV64 64 megs CDROM M1764-17" Catweasel FUSION/Emplant

MartinKrpan

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
In article <jMmF3.1205$n82.2...@news.shore.net>,

Marcel DeVoe <mde...@shore.net> wrote:
> MartinKrpan <marti...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Can somebody help me with this little problem of mine;)
>
> > I would like to softkick my A4000 in different Kicks (e.g. 2.1, 3.1,
> > ect.), but can't find a good program to do it...
>
> > I tried SKick but no luck:(
>
> ReloKick1.3 works fine here. It won't see your hard drives though,
just
> floppies. Don't use it that much though. Degrading my Amiga works most
of
> the time to play older games.

And what about a program that supports softkicking ROMs that are made
for A4000 (e.g. KS3.1)without loosing HD and Zorro support?

Ross Vumbaca

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99

MartinKrpan wrote:

> And what about a program that supports softkicking ROMs that are made
> for A4000 (e.g. KS3.1)without loosing HD and Zorro support?

If you want KS 3.1 then buy it! It is the current version, please
support the Amiga market..
Unless you own KS 3.1, you are pirating it..

Regards,

Ross..

Matthias Bethke

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 06:06:25 GMT, MartinKrpan <mkr...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>And what about a program that supports softkicking ROMs that are made
>for A4000 (e.g. KS3.1)without loosing HD and Zorro support?

Huh? Did you lose any of these when softkicking your machine?
Shouldn't happen, especially not with a 3640 or CyberStorm board that
can map an image to 0xf80000 without using the MMU, i.e. 100%
transparently.

ttyl!
Matthias

Tobias Hain

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
MartinKrpan wrote:

> > > I tried SKick but no luck:(

Can't really work, because there is no reloc file for Rom 2.x/3.x.
SKick doesn't use the MMU.

> And what about a program that supports softkicking ROMs that are made
> for A4000 (e.g. KS3.1)without loosing HD and Zorro support?

Some accelorator cards support this in hardware:

- A3640, CS MK I using maprom
- CS MKII/III, CS PPC, Blizzard-I-don't-know using Cybermap of phase5

Also SET040 works, but has the following restrictions:

- 68o4o with MMU needed (AFAIK 68o6o doesn't work)
- doesn't work with phase5's 68o4o.library
(only CBM 68o4o.library; is it v37.30? Something like that)
__
/oby

MartinKrpan

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
In article <37E7A863...@my-deja.com>,
Tobias Hain <tobia...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> MartinKrpan wrote:
> > And what about a program that supports softkicking ROMs that are
made
> > for A4000 (e.g. KS3.1)without loosing HD and Zorro support?
>
> Some accelorator cards support this in hardware:
>
> - A3640, CS MK I using maprom
> - CS MKII/III, CS PPC, Blizzard-I-don't-know using Cybermap of phase5
>
> Also SET040 works, but has the following restrictions:
>
> - 68o4o with MMU needed (AFAIK 68o6o doesn't work)
> - doesn't work with phase5's 68o4o.library
> (only CBM 68o4o.library; is it v37.30? Something like that)
> __
> /oby

Well,...the problem is that I have two A4000s in two different places
(home and work), while on the one at home I have the 3.1 ROMs installed
the other one is with the original 3.0 ROMs (both A3640).

As I'm not practical with using maprom or stuff like that, I would
appreciate if someone could explain me how to make my A4000 softkick to
3.1.

BTW...Is the image of the 3.1 ROMs that I get with GrabKick usable for
this purpose?

THNX

Kristian Whawell

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
hi!
where can I get this soft kicking software?
I have an a1200, will I be abke to use it?
I have a dead a500 that I can get the 1.3 roms from using my old a500+ with
dead floppy drive.
I can use the external drive still so kicking it down to an a500 by swapping
roms isn't too much of a problem. once I have done this I should be able to
get transrom over to the amiga via cable to rip it.
will this work?
thanks Kristian

Mule' Antonio

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
MartinKrpan il 21-Set-99 07:06:25 scrisse a proposito di "Re: SoftKicking my A4000"

>And what about a program that supports softkicking ROMs that are made
>for A4000 (e.g. KS3.1)without loosing HD and Zorro support?

I actually use SKick and works fine... but it doesn't protect the rom and when
I get a deep guru the kickstart will be deleted. :-( I also tried Set040 but
it never worked an I get only yellow screens. :-( The rom I used is the same
and is for A4000. Do you want the kick40068.a4000.rtb file?

--
Ciao!
Mule` Antonio ICQ: 16738896 Nick: Yanosh

<tsb>AmiWorld - #http://amiga.eden.it#
<tsb>God's in his heaven, allright with the world

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
On 20-Sep-99 09:24:47, MartinKrpan wrote the following about "SoftKicking my A4000":

> Can somebody help me with this little problem of mine;)

> I would like to softkick my A4000 in different Kicks (e.g. 2.1, 3.1,
> ect.), but can't find a good program to do it...

> I tried SKick but no luck:(

Would you be so kind as to tell us what system you have, what you did
and what made you think it didn't work? I used to use SKick to softkick on
C='s '030EC CPU card, and it worked fine. Better than CyberMap on the
CS-PPC that I have now, actually.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen | postm...@rask.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk |
| Registered Phase5 developer | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| A4000, 866 kkeys/s (RC5-64) | "ThrustMe" on XPilot and EFnet IRC |
| 03h:42m SLEEP? I'm a programmer! |

MartinKrpan

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
In article <1011.967T5...@rask.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk>,
wrote:

> On 20-Sep-99 09:24:47, MartinKrpan wrote the following about
"SoftKicking my A4000":
> > Can somebody help me with this little problem of mine;)
>
> > I would like to softkick my A4000 in different Kicks (e.g. 2.1, 3.1,
> > ect.), but can't find a good program to do it...
>
> > I tried SKick but no luck:(
>
> Would you be so kind as to tell us what system you have, what you
did
> and what made you think it didn't work? I used to use SKick to
softkick on
> C='s '030EC CPU card, and it worked fine. Better than CyberMap on the
> CS-PPC that I have now, actually.

I have two A4000/040 (A3640), one has the ROM 3.1 installed, the other
has the original KS3.0. I grabed the ROM image from the 3.1 (version
40.070, I think) and played around with the additional files needed with
SKick to be able to SoftKick. I used the files that come with the SKick
archive (.rtb or something), 'coz I have no idea how to create those
files on my own:(

Help appreciated;)

MK

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Before you buy.

Matt Hey

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
** To reply in e-mail, remove "mybnuc." and ".invalid" from address **

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:21:11 GMT, MartinKrpan wrote about Re: SoftKicking my A4000:

Try Skick with these...

http://home.t-online.de/home/R.Benda/soft3.html

I don't know about the IDE support but maybe it will tell you if skick
works :).

Matt Hey (http://www.kcinter.net/~matthey)

Mule' Antonio

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen il 25-Ott-99 22:55:01 scrisse a proposito di "Re: SoftKicking my A4000"

>> I tried SKick but no luck:(

I'm using it to load kickstart 3.1 on my A4000 with WarpEngine 4040 40mhz.
Iworks... but the kickstart is not protected. :-( Why there isn't a tool to
load kickstart 3.1 in ram fot WarpEngine? :-( When I had a Blizzard 1240T/ERC,
BlizzMagic worked very well... why I can't use a similar program for the WarpEngine?
WarpKick never worked and Set040 crashes my system with the same ron I use
with Skick. :-(

Paolo

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <postm...@rask.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk> wrote in
message 1011.967T5...@rask.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk...

> On 20-Sep-99 09:24:47, MartinKrpan wrote the following about "SoftKicking
my A4000":
> > Can somebody help me with this little problem of mine;)
>
> > I would like to softkick my A4000 in different Kicks (e.g. 2.1, 3.1,
> > ect.), but can't find a good program to do it...
>
> > I tried SKick but no luck:(
>
> Would you be so kind as to tell us what system you have, what you did
> and what made you think it didn't work? I used to use SKick to softkick on
> C='s '030EC CPU card, and it worked fine. Better than CyberMap on the
> CS-PPC that I have now, actually.

Where can I find SKick ?

THANKS

MartinKrpan