DKB WildFire 060 Accelerator for the A2000

Gordon Proudfoot

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
I was wondering if anyone had comments regarding the DKB WildFire 060 50
MHz Accelerator for the Amiga 2000. Also, are these cards still
available?

Regards;
Gordon Proudfoot

Mikdom99

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Hi Gordon,

For info look at "The Big Book of Amiga Hardware"

http://hard-ware.de/amiga

follow the link

A2000 (1500/2500) Accelerators

I dont know if any are still sold commercially.

Regards Michael

aka rockape

Mikdom99

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00

Skipper Smith

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Gordon Proudfoot <gpro...@planet.eon.net> wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone had comments regarding the DKB WildFire 060 50
>MHz Accelerator for the Amiga 2000. Also, are these cards still
>available?

I like the one I have in my A2000, though it is currently not in
operation right now. I would not encourage you to consider getting one,
because you won't find much support for them and the pseudo-PCI slot that
it has never gotten used for anything- the promised Inferno video card
never got beyond the prototype stage (I have one of the prototypes, but it
is non-functional. I keep meaning to give it back to Dean).

That said, I would probably consider the Wildfire before I would consider
any OTHER '060 class accelerator for the A2000. The built-in Ethernet is
worth it to me.

--
Skipper Smith Helpful Knowledge Consulting
Worldwide Microprocessor Architecture Training

/* Remove no-spam. from the reply address to send mail directly */

Erik Jordan

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

One of the US dealers has them, I think it was Devine. Expect to pay about
$1200 for one though.

Erik-

Skipper Smith

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Gene Heskett <gene_h...@iolinc.net> wrote:
>Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Gordon Proudfoot;

>>I was wondering if anyone had comments regarding the DKB WildFire 060 50
>>MHz Accelerator for the Amiga 2000. Also, are these cards still
>>available?
>
>I drooled over that one too, till I found the price. I don't think many
>were made, and fewer still were sold. If Dean is reading the mail here,
>he might be able to shed some light on the subject.

Actually, while few were made, almost all of them were sold, as I
understand it. If there are any left, I guess Devine could have them, but
I remember Dean telling me he had sold all of his inventory to some NY
based company (not Devine... Dr... something), I just can't remember who
that is. Sorry about that.

Christian Zorzi

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
>One of the US dealers has them, I think it was Devine. Expect to pay about
>$1200 for one though.

It could have been Mr. Hardware:

http://myweb.li.net/~hardware/

And do also check the Wildfire resource pages at:

http://www.vgr.com/wildfire/

Bye, Christian.

Robert Reiswig

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

ski...@no-spam.calweb.com (Skipper Smith) writes:

>Actually, while few were made, almost all of them were sold, as I
>understand it. If there are any left, I guess Devine could have them, but
>I remember Dean telling me he had sold all of his inventory to some NY
>based company (not Devine... Dr... something), I just can't remember who
>that is. Sorry about that.

That was "Mr. Hardware Computers".. he was doing DKB tech support
for a while but he passed away.

They are still at: http://myweb.li.net/~hardware/
Only CPU card on their sales list is a COBRA40.

The only other 'support' I know of is a mailinglist
run by Steve Bowman @ http://www.egroups.com/community/DKBWildfireUsers

Robert

Zorro

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
>That was "Mr. Hardware Computers".. he was doing DKB tech support
>for a while but he passed away.
>
>They are still at: http://myweb.li.net/~hardware/
>Only CPU card on their sales list is a COBRA40.
>
>The only other 'support' I know of is a mailinglist
>run by Steve Bowman @ http://www.egroups.com/community/DKBWildfireUsers

Lots of support on these pages:

http://www.vgr.com/wildfire/

Bye, Zorro

Gordon Proudfoot

Jul 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/2/00
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my query. Very usefull info.

Thanks;
Gordon Proudfoot

Glenn Saunders

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
On 29 Jun 2000 15:08:11 -0700, ski...@no-spam.calweb.com (Skipper

Smith) wrote:
>That said, I would probably consider the Wildfire before I would consider
>any OTHER '060 class accelerator for the A2000. The built-in Ethernet is
>worth it to me.

How fast is the ethernet? Without Zorro bottlenecks it must scream.

Niels Knoop

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
Glenn Saunders <cybp...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > That said, I would probably consider the Wildfire before I would
> > consider any OTHER '060 class accelerator for the A2000. The
> > built-in Ethernet is worth it to me.

It's a great card, but has its flaws. Most annoyingly, it reduces the
bandwidth towards the motherboard (Chip-RAM, graphics cards etc.), which
is the biggest bottleneck of such a system anyhow, even further (from
~3.5 MB/s to 2.x MB/s).

> How fast is the ethernet? Without Zorro bottlenecks it must scream.

Not exactly, because it's still 10Mbit/s. It's still better than any
Zorro card because it can use DMA, but I doubt that the difference is
dramatic.

--
ni...@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de |

Gl...@canit.se

Jul 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/23/00
> + On 21-Jul-00 07:21:36
+Glenn Saunders <cybp...@earthlink.net> wrote

>>That said, I would probably consider the Wildfire before I would consider
>>any OTHER '060 class accelerator for the A2000. The built-in Ethernet is
>>worth it to me.

>How fast is the ethernet? Without Zorro bottlenecks it must scream.

Even Zorro2 is fully capable of 10MBit ethernet, so Zorro is no bottleneck
here..

I get around 700kb/sec on FTP when transfering between my Zorro2-card and a PC
or my Indy..

| Apollo fastslot accelerators page - Http://www.canit.se/~glenn/apollo.html |
| ___ | Email 姣 Sha...@bay-watch.com |
| / __\ __ | Homepage 姣 http://www.canit.se/~glenn |
| __ / /__ / /__ ____ ____ __ | IRC 姣 XT600 @ IRC-net |
| (__/ /_ // / -_) _ ) _ )__) | Amiga - Silicon Graphics - 8bit comps. |
| \___//_/\__/_//_/_//_/ | T h e K i n g d o m o f S w e d e n |

miruai...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2018, 12:17:07 PM7/29/18
Do you still have the inferno prototype?

miruais hamed

Jul 29, 2018, 3:16:48 PM7/29/18

miruais hamed <miruais hamed >

Jul 30, 2018, 3:24:25 PM7/30/18