SPACE HULK WINNER

John Shiali

Jun 11, 1993, 1:17:13 PM6/11/93
Andy had a brainstorm (too much time in front of a VDU!) and after
checking through all the entries again, I declare the winner to be...
<drum roll>

Mario Miniaci

from the UK (okay, *someones* timezone was going to be biased in
favour). Although other's answers were (in the end) interpreted as being
just as correct, Mario's email arrived the earliest, some 6 hours
after the competition posting.

His answer was...

Hi John!
The reason that the Dark Angels Terminator Company changed their
armour colour to white is as follows:
A group of Terminators returned to their homeworld to recruit
more Marines from it. It was a pretty primitive world when they left,
sort of based on American Indian culture. Anyway, when they got there,
the place had been taken over by Genestealers, and although the Marines
wanted to free the world, they did not believe that they would survive the
confrontation, so they performed the rite of Deathwing, the Emperor's steed
(from their culture). This is a rite performed when a warrior goes to his
death. The armour was left white in honour of this action, which was
successful.

Thanks to everyone who entered, the enthusiasm was overwhelming, and I
just wish I could give everyone a copy of the game!

--

John .. InterNet - jo...@heights.demon.co.uk
FidoNet - 2:253/510.9

Michael Cox

Jun 12, 1993, 7:43:25 AM6/12/93
John Shiali (jo...@heights.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: from the UK (okay, *someones* timezone was going to be biased in
Figures . . .

John Shiali

Jun 12, 1993, 11:52:17 AM6/12/93
In article <1vcfgt$4...@news1.digex.net> mc...@access.digex.net (Michael Cox) writes:

> : from the UK (okay, *someones* timezone was going to be biased in

> Figures . . .

Well, it was posted at about 8:30 am, which is a pretty weird time to
be looking at the nets anyway...

Michael Cox

Jun 12, 1993, 6:17:09 PM6/12/93
: Well, it was posted at about 8:30 am, which is a pretty weird time to

: be looking at the nets anyway...
Actually, I look at them from 7:30am and off and on during the day. I just
meant that I was desperate for the game and it figures that someone in the
GMT zone won...
I don't suppose desperation wins a consolation prize?

Mike
--
Michael Cox Work: mc...@access.digex.com
Amiga Conquers, AMOS Rules! Play: aj...@cleveland.freenet.edu

John Shiali

Jun 13, 1993, 5:47:18 AM6/13/93
In article <1vdkl5$a...@news1.digex.net> mc...@access.digex.net (Michael Cox) writes:

> Actually, I look at them from 7:30am and off and on during the day. I just
> meant that I was desperate for the game and it figures that someone in the
> GMT zone won...

That's where I am,and I could't do much about that!

> I don't suppose desperation wins a consolation prize?

Sorry, I wish I could, but Andy is providing the prize, I was just
gating the messages - a few hours difference was all it was...

ma...@miniaci.co.uk

Jun 21, 2012, 5:47:25 PM6/21/12
Can you believe this was nearly 19 years ago? As it happens I never received my copy of Space Hulk, but those were the days before online courier checking etc...
Hey ho...

Nate Brazil

Dec 21, 2012, 12:32:18 PM12/21/12
> > John .. InterNet - john [email addy deleted]
>
> > FidoNet - 2:253/510.9
>

> Can you believe this was nearly 19 years ago? As it happens I never received my copy of Space Hulk, but those were the days before online courier checking etc...
>
> Hey ho...

Wow - that is pretty amazing!

Nate

ma...@miniaci.co.uk

Aug 9, 2016, 11:41:04 AM8/9/16
Yeah, and I must have about 3 versions on Steam by now - all unplayed...