[Q] Reading Amiga disks on a Mac

Your Name

Sep 13, 2014, 2:11:25 AM9/13/14

I probably already know the answer to this, but has anyone managed to
work out a way to read Amiga floppy disks on a Mac?
Message has been deleted

Your Name

Sep 13, 2014, 6:27:31 PM9/13/14
In article <87egvfi...@usenet.ankman.de>, Andreas Kohlbach
<sep14.5...@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Your Name wrote on 13. September 2014:
> >
> > I probably already know the answer to this, but has anyone managed to
> > work out a way to read Amiga floppy disks on a Mac?
>
> What Mac and Amiga models are we talking about?
>
> From what I know it only works the other way round: Amiga can read PC,
> Mac and Atari ST 720 KB disks.
>
> <http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/faq_crossplatform.php>
>
> If you have the two machines close together you might be able to connect
> them with a (null modem?) cable and share files and directories to copy
> them over without using floppies.

Unfortunately I no longer have a (working) Amiga, but do have a huge
pile of floppy disks.

You can get hardware add-ons that reportedly work with Windows, but
they're a bit expensive.

Andreas Kohlbach

Sep 14, 2014, 7:18:57 PM9/14/14
Your Name wrote on 13. September 2014:

> In article <87egvfi...@usenet.ankman.de>, Andreas Kohlbach
> <sep14.5...@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>> Your Name wrote on 13. September 2014:
>> >
>> > I probably already know the answer to this, but has anyone managed to
>> > work out a way to read Amiga floppy disks on a Mac?
>>
>> What Mac and Amiga models are we talking about?
>>
>> From what I know it only works the other way round: Amiga can read PC,
>> Mac and Atari ST 720 KB disks.
>>
>> <http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/faq_crossplatform.php>
>>
>> If you have the two machines close together you might be able to connect
>> them with a (null modem?) cable and share files and directories to copy
>> them over without using floppies.
>
> Unfortunately I no longer have a (working) Amiga, but do have a huge
> pile of floppy disks.
>
> You can get hardware add-ons that reportedly work with Windows, but
> they're a bit expensive.

What floppy hardware do you have there anyway? If it's just a PC there's
nothing to do. You would need to purchase other hardware then. Why not an
Amiga then anyway?

But if your floppies contain wide known software you might even find a
dump in the internet and download that as floppy image.
--
Andreas

I wish my grass was emo. Then it would cut itself.