Connecting DLG to Internet

1 view

gregh

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

Hi all,

A friend of mine with a DLG BBS (Amiga BBS prog) has 4 lines and is the largest
BBS in Australia. Now, because of Internet sucking his userbase dry and the
fact that he actively advertises that he uses an Amiga, most of users choose
not to use his services. He is wondering whether it is worth running it
anymore because he needs the BBS just to be able to break even if not make a
profit and it is far from even breaking even.

I have suggested to him that he could devote one of his lines to a 24 hour
connection to the net and leave 1 for the BBS, devoting the other 2 to making
his BBS a small ISP but he doesnt have the time or knowledge to do it and
frankly, while I know enough to help people setup UUCP and Amitcp/ppp plus
ancillary programs, I dont know enough to restructure his BBS so that a
menu item selected actually is an internet prog (say an IRC prog or news prog
for example) in order to have his userbase interactively use the net like I do
with Amitcp now (eg, to that same extent). DLG can take output to a CLI and
have that appear on the screen, for what that is worth.

The question is now this: Can anyone suggest how this may be done, please? If
so, can you email me at this address? Any help appreciated. I wouldnt like to
see one of only a few Amiga based BBSs closing down for good. Thanks in
advance.

|Sysop of Amiga's Sci-Fi BBS gr...@hartingdale.com.au Chow Chow lover! |
|Sydney, Australia. |
| |
|Founding and lifetime member: CHOW ADDICTION SOCIETY. MEMBERSHIP No. 1. |
| |
|Are you old when you enjoy a good headbanger record with others over 40?|