Price cuts on "Connect your Amiga!" and DiskSalv 4 (fwd)

1 view

John Shiali

Dec 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/8/97

Daniel Widenfalk wrote...

> > If IAM are not making any money off it and don't want to continue
> > developing it, fine - but don't expect to sell many Disksalve 4's when
> > you are not developing or fixing it.
>
> They do want to continue developing it. They do want to fix the bugs.
> The problem is that the creator and maintainer of DiskSalv (Dave Haynie)
> is very busy developing hardware for Pios and doesn't have enough time
> for both jobs.
>
> Don't worry, they're working on a solution to that problem right now.

I know that they were looking at getting someone else to take over the
source code, but that has been the case for a year.

--

John -

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction
to a battle of wills, and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Dale L. Larson

Dec 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/10/97

John Shiali wrote in message <8766...@heights.demon.co.uk>...
>I would very much like to see this, as I belive that Disksalve 4 can
>be made an invaluable and useful tool for every Amiga - but only when
>it is completed.

I don't understand what you mean by "only when it is completed." DiskSalv
is complete. There are no unimplemented functions or other shortcomings
that I'm aware of, just a few known bugs that need attention.
What is not complete about it?

(Note follow-ups to comp.sys.amiga.applications)

dale
http://www.iam.com