New Problems with THOR

1 view

Swampthing

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
I appreciate all the help in getting my CHECKFORKILL error problems corrected,
but unfortunately this lead to a multitude of other errors in the file:data,
bbsread.library, etc. so I just went ahead and scrapped the system and created
a new one. A couple of new problems have arisen, however:

- Conferences will not sort properly. When I change them around in the
Conference configuration, the results are the same in the Conf Window, even
though I save my changes. I've tried quitting THOR and coming back, closing
all windows and reopening, as well as adding new messages to see if I could
get them to sort properly, but nothing was successful. They are sorted in the
Conf Config, but still remain unsorted in the main Conf Window.

- My Email conference is having problems with running SortMail. For some
reason Sortmail does not recognize it as being my email conference and thus I
cannot run it manually.

- I'm missing the little "NEWSGROUPS" and "MAIL" headings in my Conf Window.
The only heading is "USER CREATED." All new conferences did not go into
newsgroups, they just are hanging at the bottom. Can I get those headers
back?

Swampthing

--
Amiga 1200HD, 40MHz GVP Turbo+ Series ][ '030, 22Mb RAM, 1GB Jaz
and SupraFAXModem 33.6K with Surf Squirrel running at 115,200 bps!

Visit the Lair of the Swampthing at http://www.his.com/~swmpthng
& The Stony Man Farm at http://www.his.com/~swmpthng/StonyMan.html

Oliver Roberts

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
On 12-Aug-99 12:15:11 BST, Swampthing wrote:

> - Conferences will not sort properly. When I change them around in the
> Conference configuration, the results are the same in the Conf Window, even
> though I save my changes. I've tried quitting THOR and coming back, closing
> all windows and reopening, as well as adding new messages to see if I could
> get them to sort properly, but nothing was successful. They are sorted in
> the Conf Config, but still remain unsorted in the main Conf Window.

The conferences window ordering is independent of the Conf Config ordering
as of 2.6. Unfortunately, the only way to reorder the conference list is
to edit data/bbs0/folderlayout.cfg (replace "bbs0" with the relevant
system) using a text editor. This is relatively easy, that shouldn't be
a problem - just note that "folders" are preceded by a + and the actual
conferences are preceded by a - symbol.

> - I'm missing the little "NEWSGROUPS" and "MAIL" headings in my Conf Window.
> The only heading is "USER CREATED." All new conferences did not go into
> newsgroups, they just are hanging at the bottom. Can I get those headers
> back?

Use the popup "Create Folder" item - press the gadget in the top-right hand
corner of the conferences window. Alternatively, you can use a text
editor on the .cfg file to create new folders/headings.

--
Oliver Roberts /~\ ___(~)__ __ |~~~/~| UIN: 34640231
Norwich, UK | o | ' |~/. /. | | ~|| | oliver....@iname.com

Kjell Irgens

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
In article <1642.893T2685T1214...@iname.com>,

"Oliver Roberts" <oliver....@iname.com> writes:
>> - Conferences will not sort properly. When I change them around in the
>> Conference configuration, the results are the same in the Conf Window, even
>> though I save my changes. I've tried quitting THOR and coming back, closing
>> all windows and reopening, as well as adding new messages to see if I could
>> get them to sort properly, but nothing was successful. They are sorted in
>> the Conf Config, but still remain unsorted in the main Conf Window.
>
> The conferences window ordering is independent of the Conf Config ordering
> as of 2.6. Unfortunately, the only way to reorder the conference list is
> to edit data/bbs0/folderlayout.cfg (replace "bbs0" with the relevant
> system) using a text editor. This is relatively easy, that shouldn't be
> a problem - just note that "folders" are preceded by a + and the actual
> conferences are preceded by a - symbol.

Or just delete that file, and the conference order will be correct.

--Kjell