NComm-Telnet-Telser Help needed.

Dennis Coonich

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Fellow NComm-Telser-Telnet users,

Does anybody use NComm and telser successfully to telnet?

I have used NComm 2.x to telnet succesfully with uploading and downloading
using xprzmodem2.5x and 3.51.

I have tried the same with the NComm 3.0 from aminet and it freezes on
uploading. It never seems to send the first block.

I have created a massive BBS network system. I've been trying to adapt
it to internet-telnet usage but my BBS host will not transfer files to
visitors. If I use NComm 2.0 it works but there is incompatibilities
between the scripting languages from NComm 2.x and 3.x and the BBS system
is based on these differences. I do not want to adapt my BBS to use NComm
2.x as this would be a regression :(

I'm currently using Miami and the inetd and services are properly
configured. NComm 2.x performs correctly and flawlessly. I'm also using
telser 1.40.

--
Dennis Coonich
http://www.thenet.co.uk/~coonich