Cubase

Pablo

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Is Cubase available for Amiga???
If it is, where could I get it?

Otto Vara

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Pablo <Pab...@cas.so> wrote:
: Is Cubase available for Amiga???

: If it is, where could I get it?

I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.

Roland
--
.-------------------------------.
|::A4060/86MB/5GB/CV3D/ScanDBL::| Otto Vara, rol...@kauhajoki.fi
|::DelfinaDSP/Nokia417TV/24xCD::| (<+- http://kauhajoki.fi/~roland -+>)
|:OS3.1/MacOS7.61/KORG Trinity+:| Work: 09-1488 7231, Home: 09-698 4383
`-------------------------------'

Joakim Sj=?iso-8859-1?Q?=F6blom

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Otto Vara wrote:
> Pablo <Pab...@cas.so> wrote:
> : Is Cubase available for Amiga???
> : If it is, where could I get it?
>
> I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
> isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.

But you can't use Midi in ShapeShifter without special hardware, can you?

/Jocke

Sven Thoennissen

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

>> I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
>> isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.

>But you can't use Midi in ShapeShifter without special hardware, can you?

There is a MIDI driver for shapeshifter on AmiNet now. See misc/emu.
It's called MidiShape.lha or so, and currently it supports MIDI-out
only. I hope this will change :-) Glad to see that Shapeshifter
can do MIDI, finally.

Sven
--
_
// sv...@pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de -- 2:2452/143.26

Kenneth

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Pablo wrote:
>Is Cubase available for Amiga???

Nope

Regards,
---
/"`` Kenny mailto:ke...@bgnett.no http://www.bgnett.no/~kenny/
\/ software developer finger me for details
---

G. Jones

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Joakim Sjöblom wrote in <343BF5...@geocities.com> on 08-Oct-97 21:05:15 :
>Otto Vara wrote:

>> Pablo <Pab...@cas.so> wrote:
>> : Is Cubase available for Amiga???
>> : If it is, where could I get it?
>>
>> I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
>> isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.

>But you can't use Midi in ShapeShifter without special hardware, can you?

you need emplants hardware.

G. Jones

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Otto Vara wrote in <61flgf$9...@idefix.eunet.fi> on 08-Oct-97 09:58:39 :
>Pablo <Pab...@cas.so> wrote:
>: Is Cubase available for Amiga???
>: If it is, where could I get it?

>I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
>isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.

wrong, Camouflage AB for Amiga is close or better than Cubase.

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

On 08-Okt-97 14:36:59, G. Jones wrote in comp.sys.amiga.audio:

>Joakim Sjöblom wrote in <343BF5...@geocities.com> on 08-Oct-97 21:05:15 :
>>Otto Vara wrote:
>>> Pablo <Pab...@cas.so> wrote:
>>> : Is Cubase available for Amiga???
>>> : If it is, where could I get it?
>>>
>>> I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
>>> isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.

>>But you can't use Midi in ShapeShifter without special hardware, can you?

>you need emplants hardware.

And, do I need any special MIDI-interface? I've had no luck using an
Amiga MIDI-interface connecting it both to the "normal" serial-port,
and the Emplant's serial-ports (not at the same time ;-). The synth
doesn't play at all.

Tor-Einar

Jerome Lovy

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

On 08 Oct 1997 13:15:27 Sven Thoennissen wrote about "Re: Cubase":

> There is a MIDI driver for shapeshifter on AmiNet now. See misc/emu.
> It's called MidiShape.lha or so, and currently it supports MIDI-out
> only. I hope this will change :-) Glad to see that Shapeshifter
> can do MIDI, finally.

Could you be more specific ? I wasn't able to find this "MIDI driver"
on Aminet...

Regards,
Jerome

Martin Ettestøl

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

>>you need emplants hardware.

Any Mac midi-interface should work fine...

Martin

Jonas Thorell

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Jerome Lovy (Jerom...@teaser.fr) wrote:

>Could you be more specific ? I wasn't able to find this "MIDI driver"
>on Aminet...

misc/emu/midishape.lha

/Jonas
---
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government
has is the power to crack down on criminals... When there aren't
enough criminals, one *makes* them".
---
The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

On 08 Oct 97 13:36:31 +0000, G. Jones <postm...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

| wrong, Camouflage AB for Amiga is close or better than Cubase.

But has it come in a full english version yet?

Henrik

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

On 08 Oct 97 13:36:59 +0000, G. Jones <postm...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
| Joakim Sjöblom wrote in <343BF5...@geocities.com> on 08-Oct-97 21:05:15 :
| >Otto Vara wrote:
| >> Pablo <Pab...@cas.so> wrote:
| >> : Is Cubase available for Amiga???
| >> : If it is, where could I get it?
| >>
| >> I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
| >> isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.
|
| >But you can't use Midi in ShapeShifter without special hardware, can you?
|
| you need emplants hardware.

All you need is

MidiShape.lha misc/emu 134K+Midi-driver for Shapeshifter V1.0

I haven't tried it yet, but I sure will.

Henrik

Joakim Sj=?iso-8859-1?Q?=F6blom

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

Sven Thoennissen wrote:
> There is a MIDI driver for shapeshifter on AmiNet now. See misc/emu.
> It's called MidiShape.lha or so, and currently it supports MIDI-out
> only. I hope this will change :-) Glad to see that Shapeshifter
> can do MIDI, finally.

Yeah! Finally, I agree. Haven't been able to try it out myself yet, but
it seems great. Any one out there who has tried it?!?

/Jocke

G. Jones

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

>There is a MIDI driver for shapeshifter on AmiNet now. See misc/emu.
>It's called MidiShape.lha or so, and currently it supports MIDI-out
>only. I hope this will change :-) Glad to see that Shapeshifter
>can do MIDI, finally.

but I think this driver will only work if the application uses the
old Midi manager Mac extension.

______________________________
*G. O. Jones*
Developer of *Dominator*
Audio/Midi Sequencer V2+
------------------------------
http://www.gj-cent.demon.co.uk
mailto://g...@gj-cent.demon.co.uk

G. Jones

Oct 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/19/97

Pablo wrote in <61f6v2$35m$5...@nfs.kolumbus.fi> on 08-Oct-97 05:56:34 :
>Is Cubase available for Amiga???

nope

>If it is, where could I get it?

there is Pro24 though, the predecessor.

Flemming Larsen

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

In article <186.231T22...@127.0.0.1>,
"G. Jones" <postm...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>Is Cubase available for Amiga???
>
>nope
>
>>If it is, where could I get it?
>
>there is Pro24 though, the predecessor.

I have an original Steinberg Pro24 w. manual + dongle for the Amiga.
Anyone interested in buying it ?

****** Astral Voyager Studio ******
PowerMac 6400 + Cubase VST
Contact : Flemming Larsen
Email : fgla...@post1.tele.dk

Flemming Larsen

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

In article <373.220T15...@127.0.0.1>,
"G. Jones" <postm...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>I have it running on ShapeShifter. I bet this kind of quality software
>>isn't available for Amiga platform; too bad - far too bad.
>

>wrong, Camouflage AB for Amiga is close or better than Cubase.

NO IT IS NOT !!! I've used Camouflage AB intensively and though I admit
it's good, it's also far too complicated to use compared to Cubase.

Camouflage also has too many bugs, and the editors leave a lot to be
desired.

I recently switched from Amiga to PowerMac, and I now use Cubase VST.
VST is infenitely more powerful, it has tremendous expandability thru
plugins, and it is a hell of a lot easier to use. Sorry ;-/

Christian Buchner

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

Joakim Sjöblom wrote:

> Sven Thoennissen wrote:
> > There is a MIDI driver for shapeshifter on AmiNet now. See misc/emu.
> > It's called MidiShape.lha or so, and currently it supports MIDI-out
> > only. I hope this will change :-) Glad to see that Shapeshifter
> > can do MIDI, finally.
>
> Yeah! Finally, I agree. Haven't been able to try it out myself yet, but
> it seems great. Any one out there who has tried it?!?

New Mac MIDI software will not support the old Apple MIDI Manager
anymore. And that driver from Aminet is built on the MIDI manager.

I have tried to install the Open Music System (OMS) which is available
from http://www.opcode.com/oms/

The specifications of OMS look great. This is really a powerful MIDI
driver. It can detect any MIDI interfaces for the apple and also
has modem and printer port driver. It has a graphical user interface
and is very easy to install and configure.

The only problem is: The modem driver will not detect any MIDI interface
on the modem port. This is so sad. I tried everything.

I am the creator of the DB50-XG wavetable hack on Aminet and there is
an XG patch and effect editor for the Mac. (XGEdit). This uses the
OMS system as a MIDI driver. It would be very interesting to see
XGEdit working.

Any ideas how to get OMS working?

//
\X/ Flowerpower

G. Jones

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

>The specifications of OMS look great. This is really a powerful MIDI
>driver. It can detect any MIDI interfaces for the apple and also
>has modem and printer port driver. It has a graphical user interface
>and is very easy to install and configure.

>The only problem is: The modem driver will not detect any MIDI interface
>on the modem port. This is so sad. I tried everything.

Maybe mac interfaces have software controlled midi port hardware, so when
the driver starts up it interogates the hardware which responds. To get
round this would mean dis-assembling the code and finding the branch
and making it always true.

joachim...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2013, 7:19:25 AM10/14/13
Le mercredi 8 octobre 1997 09:00:00 UTC+2, Pablo a écrit :
> Is Cubase available for Amiga???
> If it is, where could I get it?

WebDesigns Concepts & Mobility, le serveur est réparé
deux machines vituelles en // en théorie 8 ça passe bien avec 32Go de ram vive et 3Go de memoire graphique sans oublier un bon processeur et un water cooling corsair
ça arrache tout

:wq