NSM and Octamed.

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

In the past 1 and a half years, there often comes
questions on how to do that and that in Octamed,
and allso statements like ..You can't do that and
that in Octamed... So I have a feeling I
should advertize the features that the NSM system
gives octamed users. (I write this now because I
have nothing else todo while, eh never mind).

From my brief memory, this is some of the things
you can do with Octamed when using NSM stuff:

-All sorts of editing plug-ins, like easy transposing, rearranging
of instruments, etc.

-Sample processing like filtering and echos. (and this
programs are made in real programming-languages, not
arexx, so they are as fast as you get them.)

-Making notes of tracks, eg. track-names, like in
the windows-version, only much better (my opinion).

-Using Bars'n'Pipes tools and accessorys. (I'm not kidding. :)

-Making the extended preset work correctly. (with bank-change)

-Record nearly all sorts of midi-signals into the track-editor
in real-time (not just note on/off/velocity).

-Use a Triple Play Plus or Quadra Play midi-interface.
(48/64 midichannels).

-If you know programming, you have the possibility to
program all sorts of plug-ins in c/c++/E/assembler, where
the plug-ins becomes thousends of times faster than
the plug-ins you can write in Arexx.

General information:

NSM is an open source pathing and plug-in system for
Octamed Soundstudio 1.03c. There are over 50 plug-ins
and patches freely available, and development-kits,
from:

http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~ksvalast/nsm/