Running an 'ADF' file on a win7 PC?

Bernie Cosell

Jul 16, 2011, 4:39:30 PM7/16/11
I was looking around for a very old Amiga game [Diablo] and I found a copy
I could download, but it is in 'ADF' [amiga disk format?] format. Is there
some way to use that file on a win7/pro/64 PC? I haven't seen my Ami 2000
in probably a decade, so I have no disks or anything else. Note that I'd
be willing to pay for a shareware/commercial emulator or whatever
[although, of course, freeware would be great..:o)]

Thanks! /bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
ber...@fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA

Robert Roland

Jul 16, 2011, 4:47:25 PM7/16/11
On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:39:30 -0400, Bernie Cosell
<ber...@fantasyfarm.com> wrote:

>Is there
>some way to use that file on a win7/pro/64 PC?

Take look at http://www.winuae.net/

It's been a long time since I tried it, but it worked really well back
then, so it's worth a shot.
--
RoRo

Torfinn Ingolfsen

Jul 16, 2011, 10:01:05 PM7/16/11

Amiga Forever: http://www.amigaforever.com/
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway

Leo

Jul 17, 2011, 1:39:42 AM7/17/11
"Bernie Cosell" wrote:
>I was looking around for a very old Amiga game [Diablo] and I found a copy
> I could download, but it is in 'ADF' [amiga disk format?] format. Is
> there
> some way to use that file on a win7/pro/64 PC? I haven't seen my Ami 2000
> in probably a decade, so I have no disks or anything else. Note that I'd
> be willing to pay for a shareware/commercial emulator or whatever
> [although, of course, freeware would be great..:o)]

Are you talking about this game?
http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=3061

Bernie Cosell

Jul 17, 2011, 12:16:00 PM7/17/11

}
} Are you talking about this game?
} http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=3061

Yup -- it was one of our favorites and still clings to the memory. Haven't
seen anything like it for the PC [is there?]

/Bernie\

Leo

Jul 18, 2011, 1:58:54 AM7/18/11
"Bernie Cosell" wrote:

> } "Bernie Cosell" wrote:
> } >I was looking around for a very old Amiga game [Diablo] and I found a
> copy
> } > I could download, but it is in 'ADF' [amiga disk format?] format. Is
> } > there
> } > some way to use that file on a win7/pro/64 PC?...
> }
> } Are you talking about this game?
> } http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=3061
>
> Yup -- it was one of our favorites and still clings to the memory.
> Haven't
> seen anything like it for the PC [is there?]

Try this:
http://jumbo.iskon.hr/dl/1e5cub2fddpjv6i6/

It's the game together with the emulator, all configured and ready to run.
Just extract zip file and doubleclick Game.bat

Leo

Jul 18, 2011, 9:00:57 AM7/18/11

Ah, the screen on the first one wasn't centered right. Here is a correct
one:
http://jumbo.iskon.hr/dl/1bjps5460vojv6ie/

Bernie Cosell

Jul 22, 2011, 11:07:17 AM7/22/11
"Leo" <leo...kulcar@inet...hr> wrote:

} "Leo" wrote:
} >>
} >> } "Bernie Cosell" wrote:
} >> } >I was looking around for a very old Amiga game [Diablo] and I found a

} > Try this:

} > http://jumbo.iskon.hr/dl/1e5cub2fddpjv6i6/
} >
} > It's the game together with the emulator, all configured and ready to run.
} > Just extract zip file and doubleclick Game.bat
}
} Ah, the screen on the first one wasn't centered right. Here is a correct
} one:
} http://jumbo.iskon.hr/dl/1bjps5460vojv6ie/

That's cosmic. THANKS!!! /bernie\

Leo

Jul 23, 2011, 5:12:42 AM7/23/11
"Leo" wrote:

> Ah, the screen on the first one wasn't centered right. Here is a correct
> one:
> http://jumbo.iskon.hr/dl/1bjps5460vojv6ie/

Still, it's not perfect. At the LOAD/SAVE default is DF0: (and there is no
floppy in the DF0: virtual drive). It is possible to changed manually to
DH0: but the next time game is started it will be again back to DF0: as
default.
Other thing is cursor. Joystick is mapped to these keys, so cursor keys
can't be used (it can be used just for entering a name at the game-save, but
anyway). I can fix both things easely, but I don't know if anyone care for
this? If anybody wants that fixed version, just let me know.

olafgr...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2013, 11:41:40 AM12/17/13