looking for GUI designer

sum...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2012, 1:27:09 AM9/28/12
I remember a WYSIWYG designer for GUIs that would produce the structs and skeleton code for C, Modula-2 and possibly some other languages. I think I even had a copy of it on floppy, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the program. Ring a bell with anyone? Better, of course, would be where to get an ADF file of it.

Geoffrey Summerhayes

It's kind of fun working with SAS again, but I never expected to be using MS Visual Studio as an editor for Intuition code.

Hari Seldon

Sep 29, 2012, 4:15:56 PM9/29/12
These old newsgroups are still full of surprises! Nothing happens for
years, then out of the blue, this! I love it - just made my day! :-)

And you must mean GadToolsBox - that was the one I used mostly, then
modified its output for font sensitivity and some BOOPSI. There was also
Reactor and a builder for MUI, both of which were more complicated to
use as they were /relative/ rather than WYSYWYG. Looking in my dev
drawer, I can also see ClassMate, Precognition, VisualBuilder, BGUI and
GenGUI2, all of which I tried in the past. We did have choices...

I`ll have to check which ones I still have around in archive format,
though you can find them all on AmiNet - http://aminet.net/pub/aminet -
that`s the main site.

I do agree with SAS being fun, although I would never consider using M$
Visual Studio for development - that would seem like skulking in the
"enemy camp" somehow. I am running GNU/linux anyway, WinXP has proven to
be far too much headache with its trollish behaviour. ;-)

However, the fun seems to be coming back with Android - just got myself
an old HTC G1 Developer Phone that runs it - already upgraded it from
v1.5 (Cupcake) to v2.3 (Gingerbread). Next I`ll try the newer v4.1
(Jelly Bean) if I can get it to run at a decent enough speed, and then
look into installing AROS - http://aros.sourceforge.net/ - too, which
already runs on many machines, including 68k, and maybe even on the
NatAmi, when that gets going...

On 28/09/12 06:27, sum...@gmail.com wrote:
> I remember a WYSIWYG designer for GUIs that would produce the structs
> and skeleton code for C, Modula-2 and possibly some other languages. I
> think I even had a copy of it on floppy, but for the life of me, I
> can't remember the name of the program. Ring a bell with anyone?
> Better,of course, would be where to get an ADF file of it.
>
> Geoffrey Summerhayes
>
> It's kind of fun working with SAS again, but I never expected to be
> using MS Visual Studio as an editor for Intuition code.

C`ya,
--
Hari S

You are not a human being having a spiritual experience,
you are a spiritual being having a human experience.

sum...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2012, 3:58:58 AM10/1/12
On Saturday, 29 September 2012 16:15:19 UTC-4, Hari Seldon wrote:
> These old newsgroups are still full of surprises! Nothing happens for
>
> years, then out of the blue, this! I love it - just made my day! :-)

Getting a reply made mine. ;-)

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction on Aminet. Now that I have the right section, I'll poke around and see if I can find something I like. Haven't gotten UAE up and running on the linux side yet.

I remember moving from Intuition to a job using win 3.11, pure agony and complete hell. But I still have a printout from an old pet project I was working on. Started with a CLI interface and was switching it to a gui when my hard drive crashed. Never did replace the drive, but I kept the printout ... Sept. '78, ouch. I figured I'd type it back in and finish the conversion.

Geoffrey Summerhayes

Hari Seldon

Oct 2, 2012, 4:08:21 PM10/2/12
On 01/10/12 08:58, sum...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 September 2012 16:15:19 UTC-4, Hari Seldon wrote:
>> These old newsgroups are still full of surprises! Nothing happens for
>>
>> years, then out of the blue, this! I love it - just made my day! :-)
>>

> Getting a reply made mine. ;-)

Looks like there is still life in the old girl yet... ;-)

> Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction on Aminet. Now that
> I have the right section, I'll poke around and see if I can find
> something I like. Haven't gotten UAE up and running on the linux side
> yet.

UAE on linux crashes here, I had to give up on it and go for e-uae
instead, which is quite stable and works well.

> I remember moving from Intuition to a job using win 3.11, pure agony
> and complete hell. But I still have a printout from an old pet project
> I was working on. Started with a CLI interface and was switching it
> to a gui when my hard drive crashed. Never did replace the drive, but
> I kept the printout .... Sept. '78, ouch. I figured I'd type it back
> in and finish the conversion.

That`s why I never got into Windoze programming, it`s a crap system and
the documentation for it is far too expensive as well. And good luck
with that project of yours. Who knows, it may turn out to be useful to
some of us still running AmigaOS in one way or another. ;-)

C`ya,
--
Hari S

The box said `Requires Windows 95 or better`. So I installed LINUX.