New Video Adapter for S-Video On Amiga Systems

kjma...@yahoo.com

May 12, 2009, 1:56:34 PM5/12/09
After some careful thought and some trial and error, I have come up
with a design for a Video Adapter for the Amiga systems that will
provide S-Video and Composite Video for all Amiga systems that use the
DB23 pin Video Port.

This Adapter not only provides a Beautiful S-video Signal and a Decent
Composite Signal, but will only cost about $65 USD (Give or take $5)
as a complete unit. (not just a board with components)

It also fixes the problem with under powered signals coming from the
RGB lines. So the Picture you get will be Bright and Crisp with no
blurred Colors, Chroma Chasers or that washed out look.

As an Amiga User Of many years I have always taken note of the fact
that not only is it expensive to buy a refurbished monitor (shipping
etc.) but It is also very inconvenient to have an extra monitor set up
in the house. This unit works in PAL or NTSC with the flip of a
switch. The S-Video is so Good on this that I can't hardly tell the
difference between the adapter and an Original 1084 RGB monitor.

I don't know how soon that I will have them available but I hoping to
have them ready to ship to the distributors no later than Mid May.

there's a mock up of what the Unit will look like completed at this
address:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=536554&postcount=1