Cheap A3000 Hard disc drive

Matthew Price

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
Hello,

By this time tomorrow I will have an Acorn A3000, does anyone have or know
of a person or company that still sells hard discs for use in A3000s? I have
a plan to network my PC to my Acorn for file transfer and as a storage area,
but this may take a month or two.
If you have any information on a hard drive or on non-commerical PC-Acorn
networking software (not !OmniClient as it is commerical), please email me
at sgch...@btinternet.com

Thanks in advance

Matthew

Mr S C Winsor

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
In article <8vef6v$mhn$1...@uranium.btinternet.com>, "Matthew Price"

<sgch...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> By this time tomorrow I will have an Acorn A3000, does anyone have or know
> of a person or company that still sells hard discs for use in A3000s?

I think they were still listed in the last Castle peice list I saw.

> have
> a plan to network my PC to my Acorn for file transfer and as a storage
> area,

You do realise you can only have one internal expansion card in an A3000
don't you?
ie you cannot have a hard disc interface and a network card in there at the
same time.

Stuart.

--
__ __ __ __ __ ___ _____________________________________________
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | /
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
___________________________/ stuart...@argonet.co.uk

Malcolm Race

Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00
In article <na.9410814a21.a7...@argonet.co.uk>, Mr S C Winsor

<URL:mailto:stuart...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <8vef6v$mhn$1...@uranium.btinternet.com>, "Matthew Price"
> <sgch...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > By this time tomorrow I will have an Acorn A3000, does anyone have or know
> > of a person or company that still sells hard discs for use in A3000s?
>
> I think they were still listed in the last Castle peice list I saw.

> > have
> > a plan to network my PC to my Acorn for file transfer and as a storage
> > area,
>
> You do realise you can only have one internal expansion card in an A3000
> don't you?
> ie you cannot have a hard disc interface and a network card in there at the
> same time.
>
> Stuart.

But you can fit a standard A310 style network card on the external expansion interface
Malcolm
--
Is Microsoft another name for world domination?

Andrew Hill

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
In article <ant25144...@mrace.freeuk.com>,

Indeed you can. NB You'll probably have to attach it with tape and a
suitable 'box expansion' though! Messy business, but it does work.
Surprised me when I saw that, too!

ATB

Andrew
--
Andrew Hill
2nd Year Medical Student, Liverpool University.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.