HCCS Multipodule card

Kato

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
I recently obtained a HCCS Multipodule card (with the Video Frame
Grabber on it). Can anyone tell me what the connections on the D-plug on
the back are (to get video in - I'm told that it should be "D connecter
to BNC", which I'm happy to make).
The other thing is can anyone say if it's possible to get a sound
sampler add on - I've heard there was one available, if anyones got one
for sale, and what capabilities it has...
Finally, can anyone send me a copy of the manual?

Cheers!

--Andre Elliott
For a totally pointless waste of time, why not visit:
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/nuclear/229/
(Also home of the Frobnicate Post-Script Archive)

Peter Naulls

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98

> I recently obtained a HCCS Multipodule card (with the Video Frame
> Grabber on it). Can anyone tell me what the connections on the D-plug on
> the back are (to get video in - I'm told that it should be "D connecter
> to BNC", which I'm happy to make).

Ah, you picked that up at the show from the ARM club stand, didn't you?
:-) I saw it floating about.

--
+---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Peter Naulls - pna...@usa.net | |

Roger W Wylde

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
In article <36628E71...@the.bottom>, Kato

<URL:mailto:Pleas...@the.bottom> wrote:
> I recently obtained a HCCS Multipodule card (with the Video Frame
> Grabber on it). Can anyone tell me what the connections on the D-plug on
> the back are (to get video in - I'm told that it should be "D connecter
> to BNC", which I'm happy to make).
> The other thing is can anyone say if it's possible to get a sound
> sampler add on - I've heard there was one available, if anyones got one
> for sale, and what capabilities it has...
> Finally, can anyone send me a copy of the manual?

Would this be the same as the Ultimate Expansion Unit I found
in the back of an A3010 I picked up recently?

If so how do you get the hard drive working, it gives me
Filecore errors, I've even tried the 60Mb drive from my
A4 in it with the same results, do I need software to
configure the card to the drive shape - like the Watford
ones do?

Roger.

--
Roger Wylde - I.T. Technician, Droitwich Spa High School, Worcestershire
(Acorn Risc PC, 200Mhz StrongARM, 50Mb/1.2/6.4Gb and A4 Laptop, 4Mb/3Gb)
| _ | | _|_ _| |_| | Visit the Nifty Web Site
|_| |_|_|_| |_| |_| & Witley Court - Worcestershire's premier ruin
-BBCs and Masters as well as other stuff, all for sale on the Nifty Site-
- Download NiftyMenu - the easy way to organise your apps -

Barry T

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
In article <ant02201...@nifty.demon.co.uk>,

Roger W Wylde <ro...@nifty.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <36628E71...@the.bottom>, Kato
> <URL:mailto:Pleas...@the.bottom> wrote:
> > I recently obtained a HCCS Multipodule card (with the Video Frame
> > Grabber on it). Can anyone tell me what the connections on the D-plug
> > on the back are (to get video in - I'm told that it should be "D
> > connecter to BNC", which I'm happy to make). The other thing is can
> > anyone say if it's possible to get a sound sampler add on - I've
> > heard there was one available, if anyones got one for sale, and what
> > capabilities it has...
> > Finally, can anyone send me a copy of the manual?

> Would this be the same as the Ultimate Expansion Unit I found
> in the back of an A3010 I picked up recently?

> If so how do you get the hard drive working, it gives me
> Filecore errors, I've even tried the 60Mb drive from my
> A4 in it with the same results, do I need software to
> configure the card to the drive shape - like the Watford
> ones do?

There are a few config commands that need entering:
*con. IDEFSDiscs 1
*con. IDEFSDrive 4
*con. IDEFSDelay 8
*con. IDEFSTimer 4
*con. IDEFSDirCache 32

--

Cheers,

Barry

Change nospam to globalnet when replying by email

Paul C.Robinson

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
In article <48ae9e72...@globalnet.co.uk>, Barry T

<URL:mailto:Bar...@selective.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <ant02201...@nifty.demon.co.uk>,
> Roger W Wylde <ro...@nifty.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <36628E71...@the.bottom>, Kato
> > <URL:mailto:Pleas...@the.bottom> wrote:
> > > I recently obtained a HCCS Multipodule card (with the Video Frame
> > > Grabber on it). Can anyone tell me what the connections on the D-plug
> > > on the back are (to get video in - I'm told that it should be "D
> > > connecter to BNC", which I'm happy to make). The other thing is can
> > > anyone say if it's possible to get a sound sampler add on - I've
> > > heard there was one available, if anyones got one for sale, and what
> > > capabilities it has...
> > > Finally, can anyone send me a copy of the manual?

Sorry only just spotted your NG posting

The D plug is a 15way BNC female

8 -------------------------------- Inner
15 -------------------------------- Outer

The manual was in electronic form I have two software versions and
a manual for each. Send me details of the software you have and I will
send the manual if its the correct one.

HiVision digitiser
and 24Vision Version 6

I also have a Ultimate CDROM unit but no interface for it. Any takers
of the CDROM or supplier of the interface.

--
PC Robinson Acorn@heart
Aleph One Support:- Tel UK (00 44) 1708 403028 Fax UK (00 44) 171 9199401

Acorn Dealer authorization number 7003 South Essex.
The Havering Acorn Centre:- Tel 01708 852225 Fax 0171 9199401
Web site http://www.havaccnt.demon.co.uk/