Recent version of GhostScript?

Rob Hemmings (News)

Jun 5, 2020, 9:28:34 AM6/5/20
Does anyone know if there is a port of GhostScript version 9.05 or later
for RISC OS? I want to use it to calculate ink costs for printing and at
the moment I can only do that on Windows as the RISC OS version I have
(GhostScript 8.71) does not have the necessary device type.

Rob Hemmings Southport

rhn...@dsl.pipex.com

Chris Gransden

Jun 5, 2020, 12:57:50 PM6/5/20
In article <587bddb3...@dsl.pipex.com>,
Rob Hemmings (News) <rhn...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a port of GhostScript version 9.05 or later
> for RISC OS? I want to use it to calculate ink costs for printing and at
> the moment I can only do that on Windows as the RISC OS version I have
> (GhostScript 8.71) does not have the necessary device type.

I've done a port of ghostscript 9.26. I can make it available for download
at some point over the weekend.

--
Email: chr...@care4free.net

freak67...@freakmail.de

Jun 5, 2020, 5:52:44 PM6/5/20
In Nachricht <587bf0d8...@care4free.net>
Chris Gransden <chr...@care4free.net> haben Sie geschrieben:

> I've done a port of ghostscript 9.26. I can make it available for download
> at some point over the weekend.

> --
> Email: chr...@care4free.net

Hallo Chris,

that would be very nice :-) , as I'm also interested in a newer
version.

TIA,
Juergen

Chris Gransden

Jun 6, 2020, 3:52:04 AM6/6/20
In article <e4e10b7c58.JF@freak67>,
Ghostscript 9.26 can be downloaded from
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html. It uses more memory than
previous versions so RISC OS 5.2x is recommended. This version also
includes the gpcl6 and gxps commands. These have only been briefly tested.

--
Email: chr...@care4free.net

Rob Hemmings

Jun 6, 2020, 6:34:43 AM6/6/20
In article <587bf0d8...@care4free.net>,
That is great news, thanks very much.

Rob Hemmings Southport

Tel: +44 (0)1704 573210 rhem...@rgvk.co.uk

Doug Webb

Jun 6, 2020, 10:51:07 AM6/6/20
In message <587c42c0...@care4free.net>
Chris Gransden <chr...@care4free.net> wrote:

> Ghostscript 9.26 can be downloaded from
> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html. It uses more memory than
> previous versions so RISC OS 5.2x is recommended. This version also
> includes the gpcl6 and gxps commands. These have only been briefly tested.

Hi Chris,

Downloaded and tested by printing a couple of documents using !PS3
driver/PDFMaker/PrintPDF and it seems ok on ARMX6 5.27 19-Jun-2020 ROM.

Thanks once again for supporting us all.

--
Experience the future using ARM Technology - ARMBook,BeagleBoard -xM,
PandaBoard,Raspberry Pi,iMX6/ARMX6,IGEPv5 & Titanium powered by RISC OS

druck

Jun 18, 2020, 2:23:04 PM6/18/20
I've had a breif play with some ancient postscript files, and I'm afraid
it's not as good as my previous version 8.71 - RISC OS 1.02 (18-Apr-06)

There were a couple more failures to process in postscript engine abd one
ps file had incorrect colours. Most of the ones which displayed had much
fainter lines and text than the old version, but this could be down to a
setting somewhere.

---druck

32 bit Conversions Page - http://www.armclub.org.uk/32bit/