Alternative to BPUT#

Kevin Wells

Dec 28, 2021, 12:52:27 PM12/28/21
Hi

My QrCode application has stopped working as something seems to have
changed at the server end the method=Post doesn't work,

So I thought about creating a task file so I need to get all the
information on one line.

Using BPUT#file%,"Some Text" will put it on a new line, so is there a
command for putting it all on one line?

Thanks.

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft

Ian

Dec 28, 2021, 1:05:00 PM12/28/21
On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:54:41 GMT
Kevin Wells <k...@kevsoft.co.uk> wrote:

> Using BPUT#file%,"Some Text" will put it on a new line, so is there a
> command for putting it all on one line?

Add a semicolon :-

BPUT#file%,"Some Text ";

BPUT#file%,"Some More Text";

Gives :-

Some Text Some More Text

HTH,
Ian

Kevin Wells

Dec 29, 2021, 12:59:50 PM12/29/21
In message <20211228180454.7bc0beb1@ian-460-p050na>
Thanks that appears to do the job, so NPUT# is similar to PRINT instead
of printing to screen BPUT sends the info to a file?

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft
carpe cervisium
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap.

Ian

Dec 30, 2021, 2:45:00 AM12/30/21
On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:31:32 GMT
Kevin Wells <k...@kevsoft.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <20211228180454.7bc0beb1@ian-460-p050na>
> Ian <Ian.Ha...@AAUG.net> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:54:41 GMT
> >Kevin Wells <k...@kevsoft.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> >> Using BPUT#file%,"Some Text" will put it on a new line, so is
> >> there a command for putting it all on one line?
> >>

> >Add a semicolon :-
> >
> >BPUT#file%,"Some Text ";

> Thanks that appears to do the job, so BPUT# is similar to PRINT
> instead of printing to screen BPUT sends the info to a file?

Yes, effectively. Viewing the results will look similar.

Don't use PRINT# to print to file though as they won't achieve what you
want.

Ian

Kevin Wells

Jan 3, 2022, 12:14:50 PMJan 3
In message <20211230074453.72f30711@ian-460-p050na>
Ian <Ian.Ha...@AAUG.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:31:32 GMT
>Kevin Wells <k...@kevsoft.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <20211228180454.7bc0beb1@ian-460-p050na>
>> Ian <Ian.Ha...@AAUG.net> wrote:

>> >Add a semicolon :-
>> >
>> >BPUT#file%,"Some Text ";
>
>> Thanks that appears to do the job, so BPUT# is similar to PRINT
>> instead of printing to screen BPUT sends the info to a file?
>
>Yes, effectively. Viewing the results will look similar.

Thanks all working and a new version of QrCode uploaded to my website.

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft
carpe cervisium
You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all: