Wlang - is it useful?

Ronald

Oct 25, 2020, 5:23:42 PM10/25/20
While looking for HP 200LX (tiny DOS computer) things, I came across
this implentation of W.
http://www.vttoth.com/CMS/index.php/projects/49
It looked like the X86 code could be replaced by OS_Write and so on.
W is quite hard to google, however there seems to be a few places
on github for Wlang.
One description there is
" WLANG is a subset of the C programming language and supports
sequential, interprocedural programs. ... The interpreter generates the
trace (i.e., the sequence of values of a program's variables at each
point of its execution) of each analyzed program from the given inputs."
I guess it is the same W.

It looks like it is interactive like BASIC, but sort of C scriptable.
My thought is that it could make a support shell for the RISC OS CLI
with a few chosen routines.
Sort of like shell scripting with powerful native functions.

Ronald May