32bit QTMModule?

1 view

Andrew Conroy

Mar 2, 2006, 5:04:44 PM3/2/06
As UK distributer of Bubble Impact, I (along with Detlef of A4Com), have
now aquired the sources and we're looking to make it 32bit. The one
sticking point is that it uses QTMModule. Does anyone know of a 32bit
version of QTMModule? I know that the sources are available at
http://www.qthemusic.free-online.co.uk/ but I'm afraid that level of
coding is beyond my abilities. If anyone is able to 32bit it, I'd be very
grateful!

--
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Andrew Conroy, Owl-Art Un-Ltd. | email: a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk |

Jeffrey Lee

Mar 2, 2006, 8:25:00 PM3/2/06
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Andrew Conroy wrote:

> As UK distributer of Bubble Impact, I (along with Detlef of A4Com), have
> now aquired the sources and we're looking to make it 32bit. The one
> sticking point is that it uses QTMModule. Does anyone know of a 32bit
> version of QTMModule? I know that the sources are available at
> http://www.qthemusic.free-online.co.uk/ but I'm afraid that level of
> coding is beyond my abilities. If anyone is able to 32bit it, I'd be very
> grateful!

I've been working on a 32bit version of QTM, but since I don't own an Iyonix
It's been a bit tricky testing it :p

My current progress can be seen at
http://www.iconbar.com/forums/viewthread.php?threadid=7462
Any help with testing would be appreciated - or if you're able to take
over the work I can upload my source for you to look at.

Once it's been made 32bit compatible I'm planning on adding SharedSound
support so games can use that instead of the potentially problematic
transparent sound system.

- Jeffrey

Andrew Conroy

Mar 3, 2006, 3:28:35 AM3/3/06
In article <Pine.WNT.4.62.0603030111090.3372@c203>,

Unfortunately, I don't own an Iyonix either, and I'm certainly no coder
to take over! I could test the module within Bubble Impact on a nearby
Iyonix though if you want to send me stuff.

Andrew

Message has been deleted

Rik Griffin

Mar 3, 2006, 4:25:14 AM3/3/06
In message <4e017f98bf...@owlart.co.uk>
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@owlart.co.uk> wrote:

> As UK distributer of Bubble Impact, I (along with Detlef of A4Com), have
> now aquired the sources and we're looking to make it 32bit. The one
> sticking point is that it uses QTMModule. Does anyone know of a 32bit
> version of QTMModule? I know that the sources are available at
> http://www.qthemusic.free-online.co.uk/ but I'm afraid that level of
> coding is beyond my abilities. If anyone is able to 32bit it, I'd be very
> grateful!

I've got a 32 bit version of QTM, but I can't for the life of me remember
where it came from. I don't think I ported it myself, so someone must have
sent it to me... Must be getting old as the memory is total blank on this
one.

Will check my email archives and see if I can work it out.

--
Rik Griffin
Standard disclaimer, not speaking for anyone but myself, blah blah

Rik Griffin

Mar 3, 2006, 4:38:29 AM3/3/06
In message <ece5bd014...@iyonix.elements>
Rik Griffin <nos...@denbridgemarine.com> wrote:

> Will check my email archives and see if I can work it out.

I worked it out - it was by Alex Macfarlane Smith, but as he mentioned
himself in this group on 1 Jul 2004, that version didn't actually produce
any sound on the Iyonix :) So a bit of a red herring there, sorry.

Jeffrey Lee

Mar 4, 2006, 12:46:47 PM3/4/06
On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Segfault wrote:

> In article <4e01b8b608...@owlart.co.uk>,
> Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@owlart.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [Snip]

>> Unfortunately, I don't own an Iyonix either, and I'm certainly no coder
>> to take over! I could test the module within Bubble Impact on a nearby
>> Iyonix though if you want to send me stuff.
>

> OK, stupid question, but after searching
> http://www.google.com/search?q=QTM+music+downloads I can't find any sample
> tunes to test it with. If someone points me to some tracks, I'll test it
> out. :-)

Most of the tracker music from Argonent should work:

http://www.drobe.co.uk/archives/index.php?directory=/ftp.argonet.co.uk/pub/Acorn/PD/Sound/Tracks/