Re: Updated StrongHelp OS, InetSocket, and C Library manuals

Martin

Apr 3, 2022, 8:48:34 AM4/3/22
In article <ap.9f575959d3.a...@argonet.co.uk>,
Sprow <ne...@sprow.co.uk> wrote:
> A revised and expanded version of the OS (3.40), InetSocket (1.10),
> and C Library (0.09) manuals for RISC OS is now available.

Excellent! ... but they all give messages like

You don't have permission to access
/downloads/stronghelp/manuals/os340.zip on this server.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid

News

Apr 3, 2022, 9:15:42 AM4/3/22
In article <59d35899...@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <New...@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <ap.9f575959d3.a...@argonet.co.uk>,
> Sprow <ne...@sprow.co.uk> wrote:
> > A revised and expanded version of the OS (3.40), InetSocket (1.10),
> > and C Library (0.09) manuals for RISC OS is now available.

> Excellent! ... but they all give messages like

> You don't have permission to access
> /downloads/stronghelp/manuals/os340.zip on this server.

Ditto.

--
Chris Johnson

Andrew Conroy

Apr 3, 2022, 10:10:38 AM4/3/22
> In article <ap.9f575959d3.a...@argonet.co.uk>,
> Sprow <ne...@sprow.co.uk> wrote:
> > A revised and expanded version of the OS (3.40), InetSocket (1.10),
> > and C Library (0.09) manuals for RISC OS is now available.

> Excellent! ... but they all give messages like

> You don't have permission to access
> /downloads/stronghelp/manuals/os340.zip on this server.

Same here. Do I need to apply for permission to see them from
someone/somehow?

Andrew

--
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Andrew Conroy, Owl-Art Un-Ltd. | email: a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk |

Martin

Apr 3, 2022, 11:06:36 AM4/3/22
In article <59d3601d70...@owlart.co.uk>,
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@owlart.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59d35899...@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <New...@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <ap.9f575959d3.a...@argonet.co.uk>,
> > Sprow <ne...@sprow.co.uk> wrote:
> > > A revised and expanded version of the OS (3.40), InetSocket
> > > (1.10), and C Library (0.09) manuals for RISC OS is now
> > > available.

> > Excellent! ... but they all give messages like

> > You don't have permission to access
> > /downloads/stronghelp/manuals/os340.zip on this server.

> Same here. Do I need to apply for permission to see them from
> someone/somehow?

Doubt it. All the rest are downloadable - looks like these have just
been uploaded with wrong permissions.

Sprow

Apr 3, 2022, 11:37:09 AM4/3/22
On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 1:48:34 PM UTC+1, Martin wrote:
> In article <ap.9f575959d3.a...@argonet.co.uk>,
> Sprow <ne...@sprow.co.uk> wrote:
> > A revised and expanded version of the OS (3.40), InetSocket (1.10),
> > and C Library (0.09) manuals for RISC OS is now available.
>
> Excellent! ... but they all give messages like
> You don't have permission to access

I've sent Theo an email to correct the access permissions, so let's see how often he checks his inbox on a Sunday...
Sprow.

Theo

Apr 3, 2022, 11:59:25 AM4/3/22
In comp.sys.acorn.misc Frederick Bambrough <freddie@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
> Response from the web site is 'Forbidden".

Should be fixed now.

Theo

Chris Hughes

Apr 3, 2022, 12:29:11 PM4/3/22
In message <mpro.r9rssm...@ypical.nospam.invalid>
Frederick Bambrough <freddie@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

> In message <ap.9f575959d3.a...@argonet.co.uk>
> Sprow <ne...@sprow.co.uk> wrote:

>> A revised and expanded version of the OS (3.40), InetSocket (1.10), and
>> C Library (0.09) manuals for RISC OS is now available.
>>
>> Get them here:
>> http://www.riscos.info/downloads/stronghelp/manuals/os340.zip
>> http://www.riscos.info/downloads/stronghelp/manuals/inetsocket110.zip
>> http://www.riscos.info/downloads/stronghelp/manuals/c-version58.zip
>>
>> Together with the Wimp, InetSWIs, VDU, MiscSWIs, and Toolbox manuals
>> they form part of the core set of StrongHelp manuals for the shorthand
>> guide to RISC OS programming.
>>
>> Spotted a mistake or omission? You can help by filling in any missing
>> pages. Just Menu click on the respective page in StrongHelp and choose
>> "Edit page" which will open it in your text editor. Save the changes and
>> send the manual back to the moderator (whose contact details are on the
>> 'Contributors' page in each respective manual).
>>
>> Thanks to riscos.info for providing hosting for these resources.

> Response from the web site is 'Forbidden".

All working here using !Iris download all three ZIP files

--
Chris Hughes
Don't miss this years Wakefield Show 21st May 2022 - we have move to
check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

Sprow

Apr 3, 2022, 12:40:43 PM4/3/22
On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 4:59:25 PM UTC+1, Theo wrote:
> On Sunday, April 3, 2022, Sprow wrote:
> > In comp.sys.acorn.misc Frederick Bambrough <freddie@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
> > > Response from the web site is 'Forbidden".
> > I've sent Theo an email to correct the access permissions, so let's see how often he checks his inbox on a Sunday...
>
> Should be fixed now.

...turns out he checks very quickly, even on a Sunday, thanks Theo!
Sprow.

Harriet Bazley

Apr 4, 2022, 11:19:20 AM4/4/22
On 3 Apr 2022 as I do recall,
Successfully downloaded, thanks.

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling goes away.