Mime Map

Chris Newman

Feb 24, 2021, 6:34:39 PM2/24/21
Hi folks,

A thread on the Netsurf users mail list prompted me to add

image/webp WebP a66 .webp

To my mime map.

In Adjust 4.39 I could get to the Mimemap easily through Networking in
the Boot configuration window. Here in 5.28 I had to delve inside the
!Boot to find resources etc. A little task for the designers of future R5
builds perhaps.

I then noticed that the mimemap I had on 4.39, which came from Tim Hill
had many more entries than the generic 5.28 one.

Is it OK to put the Tim Hill one in 5.28 or will strange things happen?

It would take me a little while to interrogate both and coalesce all the
entries.

--
Chris Newman

Brian Jordan

Feb 24, 2021, 7:19:36 PM2/24/21
In article <590409e7...@waitrose.com>,
Chris Newman <cvj...@waitrose.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,

[Snip]

> Is it OK to put the Tim Hill one in 5.28 or will strange things happen?

I have had Tim's version on this Pi with 5.28 for some time. Nothing has
gone up in smoke so far...
> It would take me a little while to interrogate both and coalesce all the
> entries.

Brian Jordan
From somewhere in North Hampshire. England. UK.

Tim Hill

Feb 25, 2021, 5:52:03 AM2/25/21
In article <59040e04e6b...@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
<brian....@btinternet.com> wrote:
> In article <590409e7...@waitrose.com>, Chris Newman
> <cvj...@waitrose.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,

> [Snip]

> > Is it OK to put the Tim Hill one in 5.28 or will strange things
> > happen?

> I have had Tim's version on this Pi with 5.28 for some time. Nothing
> has gone up in smoke so far...
> > It would take me a little while to interrogate both and coalesce all
> > the entries.

The entries should be in alphabetical order by mime type so comparing the
two should be relatively easy. Please let me know if you find anything in
the 5.28 version that's not in mine so it can be incorporated.

http://timil.com/riscos/mimemap/mimemap should be fine on 5.28. Mime
mappings are a very generic thing. There are two useful commands:

*filer_run inetdbase:mimemap

in a task window (or obey file) should 'open' the current mappings file
(from wherever a developer has hidden it!) in your editor of choice and

*ReadMimeMap (or *readm.)

saves having to reboot.

--

Tim Hill
Webmaster, www.timil.com

websites : php : RISC OS

Chris Newman

Feb 25, 2021, 6:09:32 AM2/25/21
In article <590447...@invalid.org.uk>, Tim Hill <t...@invalid.org.uk>
wrote:
> In article <59040e04e6b...@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
> <brian....@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > In article <590409e7...@waitrose.com>, Chris Newman
> > <cvj...@waitrose.com> wrote:
> > > Hi folks,

> > [Snip]

> > > Is it OK to put the Tim Hill one in 5.28 or will strange things
> > > happen?

> > I have had Tim's version on this Pi with 5.28 for some time. Nothing
> > has gone up in smoke so far...
> > > It would take me a little while to interrogate both and coalesce
> > > all the entries.

> The entries should be in alphabetical order by mime type so comparing
> the two should be relatively easy. Please let me know if you find
> anything in the 5.28 version that's not in mine so it can be
> incorporated.

Will do.

> http://timil.com/riscos/mimemap/mimemap should be fine on 5.28. Mime
> mappings are a very generic thing. There are two useful commands:

> *filer_run inetdbase:mimemap

That worked. Ta.

--
Chris Newman