VNC

Stuart

Aug 8, 2021, 10:19:24 AM8/8/21
Is there a simple, idiots guide to VNC and how to set it up between a PI
and a Kinetic running 4.39

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/

Paul Sprangers

Aug 8, 2021, 2:16:03 PM8/8/21
In article <5958cfd3...@argonet.co.uk>,
Stuart <Spa...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there a simple, idiots guide to VNC and how to set it up between a PI
> and a Kinetic running 4.39

First set up a VNC server on the one computer and then a VNC client on the
other.

Server: http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/riscos/vnc_serv.php
Client: http://effarig.co.uk/riscos/ (Avalanche)

Both come with an extended help file.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers

Chris Hughes

Aug 8, 2021, 2:26:23 PM8/8/21
In message <5958e57...@sprie.nl>
Paul Sprangers <Pa...@sprie.nl> wrote:

> In article <5958cfd3...@argonet.co.uk>,
> Stuart <Spa...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>> Is there a simple, idiots guide to VNC and how to set it up between a PI
>> and a Kinetic running 4.39

> First set up a VNC server on the one computer and then a VNC client on the
> other.

> Server: http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/riscos/vnc_serv.php
> Client: http://effarig.co.uk/riscos/ (Avalanche)

That link for the Avalanche Client is to an old version 0.22, its now on
0.28

https://github.com/effarig/ro_avalanche/releases/download/v0.28/avalanche.zip

--
Chris Hughes

druck

Aug 8, 2021, 7:13:32 PM8/8/21
On 08/08/2021 19:26, Chris Hughes wrote:
> In message <5958e57...@sprie.nl>
> Paul Sprangers <Pa...@sprie.nl> wrote:
>
>> In article <5958cfd3...@argonet.co.uk>,
>> Stuart <Spa...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Is there a simple, idiots guide to VNC and how to set it up between a PI
>>> and a Kinetic running 4.39

The performance is going to be very very painful to a Kinetic. Its
pretty awful with an Iyonix, but just about usable with ARMx6 and Pi3Bs.
The Pi4B is the only one I've found which is almost transparent in use.

---druck

Stuart

Aug 9, 2021, 4:09:52 AM8/9/21
In article <sepoer$sjj$1...@dont-email.me>,
druck <ne...@druck.org.uk> wrote:

> The performance is going to be very very painful to a Kinetic. Its
> pretty awful with an Iyonix, but just about usable with ARMx6 and Pi3Bs.
> The Pi4B is the only one I've found which is almost transparent in use.

A Pi4B will be the "master", the Kinetic, which has a NET100 card, will be
the "slave".

Paul Sprangers

Aug 9, 2021, 4:36:03 AM8/9/21
In article <595930ed...@argonet.co.uk>,
Stuart <Spa...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> A Pi4B will be the "master", the Kinetic, which has a NET100 card, will
> be the "slave".

I don't know about the Kinetic, but I'm VNC-ing between the Pi4, an ARMiniX
and a Windows 10 PC bidirectionally on a regular base, and it works very
nicely.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers