Re: Risc OS Developments announces the release of a modern TCP/IP Stack (updated link)

Alexander Ausserstorfer

May 7, 2022, 1:02:09 PM5/7/22
In article <16513355...@slave.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
Richard Brown <ric...@riscosdev.com> wrote:

> New Open Source TCP/IP Stack for RISC OS now available to download

[Huge part snipped]

> Download the zipfile from the RISC OS Developments website on the
> projects page: www.riscosdev.com/projects

After install and restart, the computer here works without any problems.
However, I don't see any differents to my system before. How can I check
or see that the new TCP/IP is working sucessfully?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Martin

May 7, 2022, 2:31:21 PM5/7/22
In article <59e4f2a6b9b...@chiemgau-net.de>,
Alexander Ausserstorfer <bavari...@chiemgau-net.de> wrote:

> After install and restart, the computer here works without any
> problems. However, I don't see any differents to my system before.

I think that is what they were aiming for!
It is providing the base for future developments (eg WiFi)

> How can I check or see that the new TCP/IP is working sucessfully?

If *Help Internet shows v7.00 then the new stack is running.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid

Alexander Ausserstorfer

May 8, 2022, 10:44:24 AM5/8/22
In article <59e4fa70...@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <New...@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59e4f2a6b9b...@chiemgau-net.de>,
> Alexander Ausserstorfer <bavari...@chiemgau-net.de> wrote:

>> After install and restart, the computer here works without any
>> problems. However, I don't see any differents to my system before.
>>
> I think that is what they were aiming for!
> It is providing the base for future developments (eg WiFi)

Ah, thanks. I thought it is like a Windows update: It may work or it may
not work and is for nothing (no improvements - the desktop is ugly like
before). Is it possible to support such developments?

> > How can I check or see that the new TCP/IP is working sucessfully?

> If *Help Internet shows v7.00 then the new stack is running.

It's the case.

Thanks again,

A.