New LanMan98 version from PlingStore

Richard Ashbery

May 5, 2021, 9:25:15 AM5/5/21
Just downloaded LanMan98, V2.08 from PlingStore. The info still says
its version 2.05. Only obvious difference is the program sprite which
is slightly different from the original. What about having 2.05 (2.08)
or something similar in the Info... Version box.

Richard

News

May 5, 2021, 10:25:58 AM5/5/21
In article <5927de98...@invalid.addr.uk>,
Mine says quite clearly 2.08 (16 Feb 2021). That is the stand alone
version.

--
Chris Johnson

Chris Hughes

May 5, 2021, 10:53:35 AM5/5/21
In message <5927de98...@invalid.addr.uk>
My copy says version is v2.08 in the info box (16 Feb 2021)

--
Chris Hughes

Richard Ashbery

May 5, 2021, 11:48:57 AM5/5/21
In article <5927e248fcc...@spamcop.net>, News
That may well be something to do with it. The only other version I can
find in the zip file is the OmniPlugin version which doesn't appear to
do anything - perhaps because I don't really know what I'm supposed to
do with it.

Richard

Martin

May 5, 2021, 12:17:53 PM5/5/21
In article <5927eb77...@invalid.addr.uk>,
Richard Ashbery <bas...@invalid.addr.uk> wrote:
> In article <5927e248fcc...@spamcop.net>, News
> <chrisj...@spamcop.net> wrote:
> > In article <5927de98...@invalid.addr.uk>, Richard Ashbery
> > <bas...@invalid.addr.uk> wrote:
> > > Just downloaded LanMan98, V2.08 from PlingStore. The info still
> > > says its version 2.05. Only obvious difference is the program
> > > sprite which is slightly different from the original. What about
> > > having 2.05 (2.08) or something similar in the Info... Version
> > > box.

> > Mine says quite clearly 2.08 (16 Feb 2021). That is the stand
> > alone version.

> That may well be something to do with it. The only other version I
> can find in the zip file is the OmniPlugin version which doesn't
> appear to do anything - perhaps because I don't really know what
> I'm supposed to do with it.

I use the Omni version - and that also says v2.08.
The ReadMe document in the full 2.08 zip includes how to install both
with and without OmniClient.

Where are you seeing an Info box with v2.05 in?
What does *Help LanMan98 show?

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid

Tim Hill

May 5, 2021, 1:03:45 PM5/5/21
In article <c1b5e627...@mytarbis.plus.com>, Chris Hughes
I too downloaded the !Store version and it says 2.08. Are you sure you're
not running the previous version from a different location?

--
from Tim Hill who welcomes incoming email to tim at timil dot com.
* Ethical? Energy: http://tjrh.eu/coopnrg Telecoms: http://tjrh.eu/phone

Richard Porter

May 5, 2021, 1:19:50 PM5/5/21
The date being 5 May 2021, Chris Hughes <new...@noonehere.co.uk> decided
Same here.

--
Richard Porter

Richard Ashbery

May 5, 2021, 3:39:07 PM5/5/21
In article <5927f1...@invalid.org.uk>, Tim Hill
<t...@invalid.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <c1b5e627...@mytarbis.plus.com>, Chris Hughes
> <new...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
> > In message <5927de98...@invalid.addr.uk> Richard Ashbery
> > <bas...@invalid.addr.uk> wrote:

> > > Just downloaded LanMan98, V2.08 from PlingStore. The info still
> > > says its version 2.05. Only obvious difference is the program
> > > sprite which is slightly different from the original. What
> > > about having 2.05 (2.08) or something similar in the Info...
> > > Version box.

> > My copy says version is v2.08 in the info box (16 Feb 2021)

> I too downloaded the !Store version and it says 2.08. Are you sure
> you're not running the previous version from a different location?

It's fixed - sorry to waste your time guys.
I loaded the old V2.05 program to check all was working. I 'Quit' it
from Tasks but forgot that it remains active. I should have rebooted the
machine which I have subsequently done and all is well - I have 2.08
version now loaded.

Richard

Richard Ashbery

May 5, 2021, 3:39:07 PM5/5/21
In article <5927ee6d...@avisoft.f9.co.uk>, Martin
<New...@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5927eb77...@invalid.addr.uk>, Richard Ashbery
> <bas...@invalid.addr.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5927e248fcc...@spamcop.net>, News
> > <chrisj...@spamcop.net> wrote:

> > > Mine says quite clearly 2.08 (16 Feb 2021). That is the stand
> > > alone version.

> > That may well be something to do with it. The only other version
> > I can find in the zip file is the OmniPlugin version which
> > doesn't appear to do anything - perhaps because I don't really
> > know what I'm supposed to do with it.

> I use the Omni version - and that also says v2.08. The ReadMe
> document in the full 2.08 zip includes how to install both with and
> without OmniClient.

I must read up how to do this.

> Where are you seeing an Info box with v2.05 in? What does *Help
> LanMan98 show?

Hi Martin - see my reply to Tim.

Richard