Phoenix/browse and new acornSSL

Ronald

Dec 13, 2022, 4:02:21 AM12/13/22
Acorn groups seem quiet.
I like the small browsers for viewing documents and they start up
instantly.
I am wondering if anyone got Phoenix working with the new AcornSSL
module. Currently it only works with plain html.
I noticed while googling there are 'phoenix' web browsers on other
platforms.
Ronald

David Pitt

Dec 14, 2022, 7:00:15 AM12/14/22
Browse and Phoenix got 'amalgamated' a while ago. There is only RISC OS
Browse now.

https://gitlab.riscosopen.org/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Browse

Browse 2.20 does do SSL with AcornSSL.

https://gitlab.riscosopen.org/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Browse/-/tags

It's DIY build, there is no app download as far as I am aware.
--
David Pitt

David Pitt

Dec 14, 2022, 7:46:34 AM12/14/22
David Pitt, on 14 Dec, wrote:

[snip]

> Browse and Phoenix got 'amalgamated' a while ago. There is only RISC OS
> Browse now.
>
> https://gitlab.riscosopen.org/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Browse
>
> Browse 2.20 does do SSL with AcornSSL.

[snip]

> It's DIY build, there is no app download as far as I am aware.

There is a build of Browse 2.20 here :-

https://homepages.plus.net/pittdj/software/browse220.zip

--
David Pitt

Richard Darby (news)

Dec 14, 2022, 10:51:21 AM12/14/22
In article <mpro.rmvstf003...@pittdj.co.uk>,
It seems to run horribly slowly compared with Netsurf on ARMX6 and it
needs !Webserve (which you can get from my website).

Richard Darby.

--

Richard Darby.
website: http://www.rjdarby.co.uk

David Pitt

Dec 14, 2022, 12:28:39 PM12/14/22
"Richard Darby (news)", on 14 Dec, wrote:

[snip - Browse]

> It seems to run horribly slowly compared with Netsurf on ARMX6 and it
> needs !Webserve (which you can get from my website).

!Webserve is no longer part of the current build but its Choices option is
still present in Browse, this can be disabled.

--
David Pitt

Ronald

Dec 14, 2022, 4:22:35 PM12/14/22
In article <mpro.rmw5vk002...@pittdj.co.uk>,
I have disabled webserve option and it works with https.
Once links are sorted out to only go to sensible sites it wont
be so slow.
If you haven't already loaded Netsurf it will pop up quick
you want to read a local html. Noticeable on Iyonix but older
hardware.
Thanks for the ready to go version.
Ronald