Do you know Roundcube

Dave

Oct 9, 2023, 2:49:51 PM10/9/23
I have a need to change the Folder order in the Roundcube attached to my
Orpheus accounts.

I've searched online and it's apparently possible to change the order of
the folders, but I can't fathom out just what the article is saying to do.

Can anyone help, please.

Thanks
Dave

Mik Towse

Oct 10, 2023, 6:16:45 AM10/10/23
Are these customised folders? I don't think you can move the standard ones.
However, in Classiv view look for a cog pulldown menu icon at the bottom left
of the browser window (at the foot of the folder list pane). Click on this
and select Manage folders.

I don't think this will give you the control you need, but I think it's the
best you've got. Bizarrely, you can grab a folder and move it up/down the
list, but you can't drop it in a new place.

HTH
--
Mik Towse * mik....@xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

When any mechanical contrivance fails, it will
do so at the most inconvenient possible time.

Dave

Oct 11, 2023, 8:42:37 AM10/11/23
In article <5AF119922B%mik....@xemik.com>,
Mik Towse <m...@towse.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <5af0c6d...@triffid.co.uk> Dave wrote:
> > I have a need to change the Folder order in the Roundcube attached to
> > my Orpheus accounts.
> >
> > I've searched online and it's apparently possible to change the order
> > of the folders, but I can't fathom out just what the article is saying
> > to do.
> >
> > Can anyone help, please.
> Are these customised folders? I don't think you can move the standard
> ones. However, in Classiv view look for a cog pulldown menu icon at the
> bottom left of the browser window (at the foot of the folder list pane).
> Click on this and select Manage folders.

> I don't think this will give you the control you need, but I think it's
> the best you've got. Bizarrely, you can grab a folder and move it
> up/down the list, but you can't drop it in a new place.

> HTH

Thanks for the thoughts Mik,

Unfortunately been there done that etc...

Dave

Chris Hughes

Oct 11, 2023, 9:03:31 AM10/11/23
In message <5af1acd...@triffid.co.uk>
Why not talk to your provider Orpheus?, thats what they are there for.

--
Chris Hughes

Dave

Oct 11, 2023, 10:50:11 AM10/11/23
In article <09d0adf15a.chris@mytardis>,
Chris Hughes <new...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
[Snippy]

> Why not talk to your provider Orpheus?, thats what they are there for.

> Chris Hughes

That I will be doing that sometime, but Richard is a busy person, so I
first wondered if anyone here might know. :-)

Dave

Dave

Oct 11, 2023, 10:51:31 AM10/11/23
In article <09d0adf15a.chris@mytardis>,
Chris Hughes <new...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
[Snippy]

> Why not talk to your provider Orpheus?, thats what they are there for.

> Chris Hughes

Mik Towse

Oct 11, 2023, 3:24:13 PM10/11/23
In article <5af1b88...@triffid.co.uk> Dave wrote:

> In article <09d0adf15a.chris@mytardis>,
> Chris Hughes <new...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
> [Snippy]
> > Why not talk to your provider Orpheus?, thats what they are there for.
> That I will be doing that sometime, but Richard is a busy person, so I
> first wondered if anyone here might know. :-)
I can't imagine that would help. It's an 'off-the-peg' solution so he would
likely of very little influence over it.

As you'll have seen online during your research, there are a lot of people
who want this. I gazed deeply into Roundcube's settings last year when one of
my client's requested help with it. I saw a feature request for the folders
from 18 months ago, but nothing seems to have changed.

--
Mik Towse * mik....@xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

He who is henpecked may lend an ear to other chicks

Dave

Oct 12, 2023, 11:33:47 AM10/12/23
In article <5AF1D0E5E2%mik....@xemik.com>,
Mik Towse <m...@towse.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <5af1b88...@triffid.co.uk> Dave wrote:

> > In article <09d0adf15a.chris@mytardis>, Chris Hughes
> > <new...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote: [Snippy]
> > > Why not talk to your provider Orpheus?, thats what they are there
> > > for.
> > That I will be doing that sometime, but Richard is a busy person, so I
> > first wondered if anyone here might know. :-)

> I can't imagine that would help. It's an 'off-the-peg' solution so he
> would likely of very little influence over it.

> As you'll have seen online during your research, there are a lot of
> people who want this. I gazed deeply into Roundcube's settings last year
> when one of my client's requested help with it. I saw a feature request
> for the folders from 18 months ago, but nothing seems to have changed.

Indeed, that's what I found online, including how easy it is to do by the
dragging & dropping method. :-( Not!

Orpheus hosts and manages two accounts for us, plus the Ormail one that
comes with the Internet Service Provision.

They all use the same Roundcube interface, and while all three of them
have the same folders displayed, two of them have the same order folder
list, while the third is in a different order.

Funny old business. :-)

Thanks for your thought anyway.
Appreciated.

Dave

Dave

Oct 15, 2023, 1:53:12 AM10/15/23

[Snip the lot]

I have somehow managed to get my folders in that one different account
displayed in order.
ATM. I'm not sure how I did it, and if I do fathom it, I'll post again...

:-/

Dave

Chris Newman

Oct 15, 2023, 9:33:28 AM10/15/23
In article <5af1b8a...@triffid.co.uk>,
Another query with Roundcube before I trouble Richard.

I have some mail which it has incorrectly flagged as Spam. I can't find a
way to tell it it's not spam so we don't get the same problem again.
After searching icons and menus, I can't find an option for this. Anyone
know how it's done.

--
Chris

Mik Towse

Oct 15, 2023, 1:45:27 PM10/15/23
In article <5af3c0...@npost.uk> Chris Newman wrote:
> I have some mail which it has incorrectly flagged as Spam. I can't find a
> way to tell it it's not spam so we don't get the same problem again.
> After searching icons and menus, I can't find an option for this. Anyone
> know how it's done.
I don't think Roundcube is responsible for this; it's just putting marked
messages into its Spam folder. They're probably being flagged by your ISP,
which will likely have an option somewhere for whitelisting wrongly flagged
emails, or an option to reduce the marking severity.

--
Mik Towse * mik....@xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Let not the sands of time get in your lunch

Steve Fryatt

Oct 15, 2023, 7:15:07 PM10/15/23
On 15 Oct, Mik Towse wrote in message
<5AF3D2CE16%mik....@xemik.com>:

> In article <5af3c0...@npost.uk> Chris Newman wrote:
>
> > I have some mail which it has incorrectly flagged as Spam. I can't find
> > a way to tell it it's not spam so we don't get the same problem again.
> > After searching icons and menus, I can't find an option for this. Anyone
> > know how it's done.
>
> I don't think Roundcube is responsible for this; it's just putting marked
> messages into its Spam folder.

I doubt its even doing that: the Spam filter will be flagging messages and
then diverting them into the Spam folder on the mail server. Roundcube will
just be displaying the contents of that folder.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/