Illumination please

Dave

Oct 17, 2021, 5:14:26 AM10/17/21
Good day folks,
I was looking through some return Newsgroups postings headers and noticed
the following:

What is it, and does it do anything?

Thanks
Dave

I had a search online but didn't understand what I was reading.

D.

druck

Oct 18, 2021, 3:31:59 AM10/18/21
On 17/10/2021 10:14, Dave wrote:
> Good day folks,
> I was looking through some return Newsgroups postings headers and noticed
> the following:

> What is it, and does it do anything?

You used to be able to cancel news postings if you sent something you
didn't mean to, but this facility was widely abused, so news servers
stopped supporting it. Cancel-lock was an attempt to make the process
more secure using keys, but I don't think anything really supports it.

---druck

Dave

Oct 18, 2021, 9:47:58 AM10/18/21
In article <skj7te$6r6$1...@dont-email.me>,
Thanks for the info in an understandable form.
Appreciated.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid