Orpheus down?

Harriet Bazley

Jul 27, 2023, 8:37:19 PM7/27/23
Is Orpheus Internet down?

I can't download from any of our Orpheus-hosted addresses or update the
website, and orpheusweb.co.uk and orpheusinternet.co.uk both time out.

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Don't hate yourself in the morning - sleep till noon.

Brian Jordan

Jul 28, 2023, 3:28:15 AM7/28/23
Both seem to be working this morning

In article <84c3caca5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> Is Orpheus Internet down?

[Snip]

Brian Jordan
From somewhere in North Hampshire. England. UK.

Adrian Crafer

Jul 28, 2023, 4:30:05 AM7/28/23
In message <5acaf064aab...@btinternet.com>
Brian Jordan <brian....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Both seem to be working this morning

> In article <84c3caca5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
> Harriet Bazley <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
>> Is Orpheus Internet down?

> [Snip]

I lost all internet services, but POP mail to Orpheus seemed to work, but
not to another provider where I have a separate account. Annoying as I was
watching a film on a streaming service.

As Brian said all ok this morning. I have dropped Richard an email to see
what the problem was.

Adrian

--

acr...@orpheusmail.co.uk

Harriet Bazley

Jul 28, 2023, 4:46:36 AM7/28/23
On 28 Jul 2023 as I do recall,
Brian Jordan wrote:

> > Is Orpheus Internet down?

> > I can't download from any of our Orpheus-hosted addresses or update the
> > website, and orpheusweb.co.uk and orpheusinternet.co.uk both time out.

> Both seem to be working this morning

Yes, seems to have come back up - I managed the upload OK and e-mail
fetch has stopped giving errors, thank goodness.

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

Dave

Jul 28, 2023, 11:19:29 AM7/28/23
In article <f0cef4c...@orpheusnet.co.uk>,
If you go to:

https://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/news/

It will give you some details about the outage...

Also give a bit of Info on how Richard is doing now, health wise. :-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Adrian Crafer

Jul 28, 2023, 12:15:12 PM7/28/23
In message <5acb1b8...@triffid.co.uk>
I spoke to Richard before he put anything on the news section. He was
aware of the attack on Orpheus obviously, but at the time was not aware
there was a wider problem affecting the internet more generally.

Having also had Covid I wished him well as I know what it is like, not to
be recommended.

Adrian

--

acr...@orpheusmail.co.uk

Harriet Bazley

Jul 28, 2023, 3:28:39 PM7/28/23
On 28 Jul 2023 as I do recall,
Adrian Crafer wrote:

> In message <5acb1b8...@triffid.co.uk>
> Dave <da...@triffid.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > If you go to:
>
> > https://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/news/
>
> > It will give you some details about the outage...
>
> > Also give a bit of Info on how Richard is doing now, health wise. :-)
>
> I spoke to Richard before he put anything on the news section. He was
> aware of the attack on Orpheus obviously, but at the time was not aware
> there was a wider problem affecting the internet more generally.

Oh, I read that as 'affecting Orpheus internet services in general'
(both mail and web) rather than an attack on the entire Internet....

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

It now costs more to amuse a child than it once did to educate his father.