Gmail

Dave

Jun 2, 2022, 10:56:58 AM6/2/22
Today it happened... All this excrement I've been reading about and don't
understand one iota of...

Time: 02 Jun 2022 15:49
Account: Gmail
Error: [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

I alrady have a UN and password...
Using Hermes on RISC OS

What do I do now?

Thanks
Dave

Doug Webb

Jun 2, 2022, 11:31:38 AM6/2/22
In message <59f24a8...@triffid.co.uk>
Working OK here with:

NetFetch 5.53 , Hermes 5.52 and MessengerPro9.00a plus the latest AcornSSL
stack and using GMail Application specific passwords which is what all
that "excrement" in your words was about.

Assuming you have all the required up to date applications then:

Firstly you need to access your Google account and set up two factor
authentification and provide a landline/mobile number to authorise access.

You may need a Windows/Linux set up to do this though IRIS may work.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

Next get an application specific password for use in your RISCOS fetcher:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Make sure you make a note of the password as you only get one chance to
see it.

Next replace your normal password for the GMAIL account in the email
fetcher you are using for RISCOS eg Hermes/MessengerPro/Antispam with the
Application specific one as that will be your "password" from now on, not
the one you set up and used before.

If you are not using the latest AcornSSL elements on your RISCOS system
then you really do need to install them.

Hope that helps as everything has been covered before about this but you
may have missed something.

--
Experience the future using ARM Technology - ARMBook,BeagleBoard -xM,
PandaBoard,Raspberry Pi,iMX6/ARMX6,IGEPv5 & Titanium powered by RISC OS

Chris Hughes

Jun 2, 2022, 11:35:54 AM6/2/22
In message <59f24a8...@triffid.co.uk>
Dave <ne...@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

Dave, follow the instructions given in the AW list where you have already
asked this question.

--
Chris Hughes

Brian Howlett

Jun 2, 2022, 1:53:17 PM6/2/22
On 2 Jun, Doug Webb <doug....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> IRIS may work

Just tried this and have got it working using Iris.
--
Brian Howlett - Email to From: address deleted unseen
I stayed up all night playing poker with Tarot cards.

David Higton

Jun 2, 2022, 3:12:39 PM6/2/22
In message <01fd4cf259.chris@mytardis>
I made the changes in those instructions a few days ago and can confirm
that they allow me to send and receive gmail. AntiSpam and MSC here,
but it's independent of the transport used.

David