Lanman98 not working

Stuart

Jun 22, 2021, 9:11:49 AM6/22/21
I have started to get an oddity with Lanman

Yesterday I was revitalising an old computer, RO4.39, and yesterday
everything seemed to be working fine. I was doing a lot of copying between
the computer and my NAS without issue. This morning, following a
shutdown, Lanman refuses to connect.

I have been using Omni with Lanman but this morning !Omni connects fine
but LanMan gives "Unable to resolve address: Networkspace2"

With no destination connected, right clicking over "Net" shows all
available devices on the network with two entries for each, one just
connects via Omni but if I click on the other, it opens a window
"LanMan98:NETWORKSPCE2" with three entries for directories within the NAS
but clicking on any of them brings up the error message.

If it matters, there is also a startup error message "Machine startup has
not completed successfully. Route: Writing to routing socket: network is
unreachable".

Then further on "Not enough stack to call failing system"

One running everything else seems to be fine, internet and shareFS working.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/

Chris Hughes

Jun 22, 2021, 1:03:48 PM6/22/21
In message <5940956a...@argonet.co.uk>
Stuart <Spa...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> I have started to get an oddity with Lanman

> Yesterday I was revitalising an old computer, RO4.39, and yesterday
> everything seemed to be working fine. I was doing a lot of copying between
> the computer and my NAS without issue. This morning, following a
> shutdown, Lanman refuses to connect.

> I have been using Omni with Lanman but this morning !Omni connects fine
> but LanMan gives "Unable to resolve address: Networkspace2"

> With no destination connected, right clicking over "Net" shows all
> available devices on the network with two entries for each, one just
> connects via Omni but if I click on the other, it opens a window
> "LanMan98:NETWORKSPCE2" with three entries for directories within the NAS
> but clicking on any of them brings up the error message.

Above you have written Networkspace2 but then said Lanman98:NETWORKSPCE2

is that a typo or is there a missing 'a'

> If it matters, there is also a startup error message "Machine startup has
> not completed successfully. Route: Writing to routing socket: network is
> unreachable".

You have acidentally turned on Routing maybe in your internet settings

> Then further on "Not enough stack to call failing system"

> One running everything else seems to be fine, internet and shareFS working.

--
Chris Hughes

Stuart

Jun 22, 2021, 5:23:30 PM6/22/21
In article <ade3a840...@mytarbis.plus.com>,
Chris Hughes <new...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

> Above you have written Networkspace2 but then said Lanman98:NETWORKSPCE2

> is that a typo or is there a missing 'a'

Yes it was indeed a typo,I missed out the "A"

All the connection issues have now been resolved by copying the settings
from my Kinetic, in particular, by manually adding all the "hosts" to the
"hosts" file.

> > If it matters, there is also a startup error message "Machine startup
> > has not completed successfully. Route: Writing to routing socket:
> > network is unreachable".

> You have acidentally turned on Routing maybe in your internet settings

The "Routes" configuration just has the "Gateway" IP address as it is in
my Kinetic.

The error message persists.

> > Then further on "Not enough stack to call failing system"
^^^^^^^
filing

> > One running everything else seems to be fine, internet and shareFS
^^
On