Re: RISC OS SouthWest Show - Feb 24th

Brian Howlett

Feb 5, 2024, 7:37:12 PMFeb 5
On 5 Feb, Andrew Rawnsley <rc...@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> Hope to see you on the 24th!

For those of us who live a LONG way away from the show, will any of the
talks be recorded/streamed?
--
Brian Howlett
Windows has detected that the mouse has been moved.

Harriet Bazley

Feb 6, 2024, 5:04:19 AMFeb 6
On 5 Feb 2024 as I do recall,
Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> It is now less than a month to go to the SouthWest RISC OS Computer Show.
> We hope you have it penciled into your Diary, but if not, it is on
> Saturday 24th Feb.

I have a box of second-hand stuff (labelled "Acorn bits for CJE") that
has been waiting about five years to be donated to a RISC OS Show - is
anyone from London going down in that direction?

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Reality is for people who can't face science fiction.

Chris Newman

Feb 6, 2024, 1:39:54 PMFeb 6
In article <7f22622e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>, Harriet Bazley
<har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2024 as I do recall, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> > It is now less than a month to go to the SouthWest RISC OS Computer
> > Show. We hope you have it penciled into your Diary, but if not, it
> > is on Saturday 24th Feb.
> >
> I have a box of second-hand stuff (labelled "Acorn bits for CJE") that
> has been waiting about five years to be donated to a RISC OS Show - is
> anyone from London going down in that direction?

Not sure if CJE will be there. Andrew Conroy will be but he's going
elsewhere after the show.

If the box is not too enormous, I can take it and give it to Andrew at
the March Southampton User Group Meeting.

--
Chris

Harriet Bazley

Feb 6, 2024, 3:26:11 PMFeb 6
On 6 Feb 2024 as I do recall,
Chris Newman wrote:

> In article <7f22622e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>, Harriet Bazley
> <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > I have a box of second-hand stuff (labelled "Acorn bits for CJE") that
> > has been waiting about five years to be donated to a RISC OS Show - is
> > anyone from London going down in that direction?
>
> Not sure if CJE will be there. Andrew Conroy will be but he's going
> elsewhere after the show.
>
> If the box is not too enormous, I can take it and give it to Andrew at
> the March Southampton User Group Meeting.

The box is 14"x8"x10" -- I can hold it in one arm. I can't remember
what's in there (it has been taped up for years), but mainly old
software discs and maybe a couple of ROMs.

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

You /really/ don't want to know.

Chris Newman

Feb 6, 2024, 5:22:29 PMFeb 6
In article <8f049b2e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2024 as I do recall,
> Chris Newman wrote:

> > In article <7f22622e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>, Harriet Bazley
> > <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

> [snip]

> > > I have a box of second-hand stuff (labelled "Acorn bits for CJE") that
> > > has been waiting about five years to be donated to a RISC OS Show - is
> > > anyone from London going down in that direction?
> >
> > Not sure if CJE will be there. Andrew Conroy will be but he's going
> > elsewhere after the show.
> >
> > If the box is not too enormous, I can take it and give it to Andrew at
> > the March Southampton User Group Meeting.
> >

> The box is 14"x8"x10" -- I can hold it in one arm. I can't remember
> what's in there (it has been taped up for years), but mainly old
> software discs and maybe a couple of ROMs.

That's fine.

--
Chris

Vince M Hudd

Feb 8, 2024, 2:28:28 PMFeb 8
On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 00:37:18 GMT, Brian Howlett wrote:

> On 5 Feb, Andrew Rawnsley <rc...@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hope to see you on the 24th!
>
> For those of us who live a LONG way away from the show, will any of the
> talks be recorded/streamed?

Provided I can work out which random box/cupboard/whatever I've put the
video camera in last time I used it (so I know where it is when I next
need it, obviously), the talks will be recorded and will find their way on
to YouTube at some point after.

My normal approach is not to watch them myself until I start writing a
RISCOSitory show report, at which point I also edit/trim them for upload.
However, that often means the videos don't appear online for quite some
time after, and can lead to small oopsies like last year, where I managed
to get the Southwest videos online just before Wakefield and cleverly
failed to notice that I'd used the ones from a previous show. 8)

To avoid that sort of silliness, this time I'll try to get the videos done
and dusted sooner - so hopefully by, say, mid-March.

They won't be streamed live, though, because I don't have the sort of gear
to do that. Recording to a micro-SD card for later upload is the best I
can manage with my ageing, creaking kit.

--
Vince M Hudd

Harriet Bazley

Feb 8, 2024, 4:54:47 PMFeb 8
On 6 Feb 2024 as I do recall,
Chris Newman wrote:

> In article <8f049b2e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
> Harriet Bazley <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 6 Feb 2024 as I do recall,
> > Chris Newman wrote:
>
> > > In article <7f22622e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>, Harriet Bazley
> > > <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > [snip]

[snip]

> > > If the box is not too enormous, I can take it and give it to Andrew at
> > > the March Southampton User Group Meeting.
>
> > The box is 14"x8"x10" -- I can hold it in one arm. I can't remember
> > what's in there (it has been taped up for years), but mainly old
> > software discs and maybe a couple of ROMs.
>
> That's fine.

OK, how do I get it to you?

Chris Newman

Feb 9, 2024, 4:02:41 PMFeb 9
In article <47daaa2f5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>, Harriet Bazley
<har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2024 as I do recall, Chris Newman wrote:

> > In article <8f049b2e5...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>, Harriet Bazley
> > <har...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

> > > [snip]

> [snip]

> > > The box is 14"x8"x10" -- I can hold it in one arm. I can't
> > > remember what's in there (it has been taped up for years), but
> > > mainly old software discs and maybe a couple of ROMs.
> >
> > That's fine.
> >
> OK, how do I get it to you?

I'm in Portsmouth. I can only take it FROM the show. You'll have to find
someone to get it there.

--
Chris

Brian Howlett

Feb 9, 2024, 4:59:18 PMFeb 9
On 8 Feb, Vince M Hudd <ne...@riscository.com> wrote:

> Provided I can work out which random box/cupboard/whatever I've put the
> video camera in last time I used it (so I know where it is when I next
> need it, obviously), the talks will be recorded and will find their way on
> to YouTube at some point after.

Excellent. Thanks, Vince.
--
Brian Howlett - Email to From: address deleted unseen
I came home from work the other day and found that someone had

Harriet Bazley

Feb 9, 2024, 6:10:03 PMFeb 9
On 9 Feb 2024 as I do recall,
Ah. I don't seem to be having too much success in that direction, then.
:-(

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Everyone is entitled to one really BIG mistake