!Printers

Mike

Oct 26, 2021, 12:31:25 AM10/26/21
Accidentally deleted !Printers from my Raspberry Pi running RiscOS. Can anyone point me to whare to download a copy. Been searching Risc sites for hours. Much thanks, Mike

Steve Fryatt

Oct 26, 2021, 1:55:07 AM10/26/21
On 26 Oct, Mike wrote in message
<0dc5cc08-9726-46cd...@googlegroups.com>:

> Accidentally deleted !Printers from my Raspberry Pi running RiscOS. Can
> anyone point me to whare to download a copy.

The HardDisc4 image from

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/common

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

Mike

Oct 26, 2021, 3:42:20 AM10/26/21
On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 6:55:07 PM UTC+13, Steve Fryatt wrote:
> On 26 Oct, Mike wrote in message
> <0dc5cc08-9726-46cd...@googlegroups.com>:
> > Accidentally deleted !Printers from my Raspberry Pi...

> Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England
> http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

Much thanks from New Zealand Steve. Problem solved.
Mike

Sprow

Oct 26, 2021, 4:03:41 AM10/26/21
On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 6:55:07 AM UTC+1, Steve Fryatt wrote:
> On 26 Oct, Mike wrote in message
> <0dc5cc08-9726-46cd...@googlegroups.com>:
> > Accidentally deleted !Printers from my Raspberry Pi running RiscOS. Can
> > anyone point me to whare to download a copy.
> The HardDisc4 image from
> https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/common

Although downloading the entire HardDisc4 image will definitely cure a missing !Printers, it's worth mentioning that all the standard supplied apps (outside of !Boot) are available as individual ZIPs too:
https://packages.riscosopen.org/rool/ABCIndex.html

And indeed as you mention being on a Raspberry Pi if you run !PackMan you'll find Printer Manager in its list (though behind the scenes it's just downloading the exact same ZIP file). Having deleted one of the apps it knows about by mistake you need to click 'Remove' as it doesn't seem to spot the deletion. Then go back and click 'Install' and it'll heal the missing application for you,
Sprow.