ImageExtend

Richard Porter

Jun 16, 2022, 5:34:36 PM6/16/22
I've got some prolems with ImageExtend. I think I've seen them before but
I can't remember the fix.

On booting up I get "Module 'ImageExtend' is not 32-bit compatible".
ImageExtend is listed in Aemulor.
When I try to open a Word file in Easiwriter I get
"This application needs ImageExtend 0.81 or newer".
*Help ImageExtend confirms that it is version 0.81.
EasiWriter's !Run file doesn't RMEnsure ImageExtend.
EasiWriter will open a new document or native document.

Any ideas?
Richard (ARMX6)

Richard Ashbery

Jun 17, 2022, 11:55:25 AM6/17/22
In article <76fea3f...@user.minijem.plus.com>, Richard Porter
<ri...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> On booting up I get "Module 'ImageExtend' is not 32-bit
> compatible".

ImageExtend is supplied with Matin Wurthner's !AWViewer (V2.18) and
downloaded from...
http://www.mw-software.com/software/awmodules/awrender.html.

Your version should be 0.90.

> ImageExtend is listed in Aemulor. When I try to open a
> Word file in Easiwriter I get "This application needs ImageExtend
> 0.81 or newer". *Help ImageExtend confirms that it is version 0.81.
> EasiWriter's !Run file doesn't RMEnsure ImageExtend.

I'm unsure of the connection with EasiWriter and WORD files. I wonder if
the WORD file contains something like a Xara vector image.

Richard

Chris Newman

Jun 17, 2022, 2:12:19 PM6/17/22
In article <59fa07ff...@invalid.addr.uk>, Richard Ashbery
<bas...@invalid.addr.uk> wrote:
> In article <76fea3f...@user.minijem.plus.com>, Richard Porter
> <ri...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> > On booting up I get "Module 'ImageExtend' is not 32-bit compatible".

> ImageExtend is supplied with Matin Wurthner's !AWViewer (V2.18) and
> downloaded from...
> http://www.mw-software.com/software/awmodules/awrender.html.

> Your version should be 0.90.

Mine is 2.18 and lives in !Boot.Resources.

--
Chris Newman

John

Jun 17, 2022, 3:25:44 PM6/17/22
In article <59fa15f6...@waitrose.com>,
Chris Newman <cvj...@waitrose.com> wrote:

> Mine is 2.18 and lives in !Boot.Resources.

That's AWViewer, Chris. The latest ImageExtend *is* 0.9.

John

--
John
new...@blueyonder.co.uk

Chris Newman

Jun 17, 2022, 3:49:51 PM6/17/22
In article <59fa1c48...@blueyonder.co.uk>,
John <new...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59fa15f6...@waitrose.com>,
> Chris Newman <cvj...@waitrose.com> wrote:

> > Mine is 2.18 and lives in !Boot.Resources.

> That's AWViewer, Chris. The latest ImageExtend *is* 0.9.

Ah1 I see. Looked inside AW Viewer and there indeed is ImageExtnd 0.90
(18 Dec 2002)

--
Chris Newman

Richard Porter

Jun 19, 2022, 12:56:06 PM6/19/22
The date being 17 Jun 2022, Richard Ashbery <bas...@invalid.addr.uk>
decided to write:

> In article <76fea3f...@user.minijem.plus.com>, Richard Porter
> <ri...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>> On booting up I get "Module 'ImageExtend' is not 32-bit
>> compatible".

> ImageExtend is supplied with Matin Wurthner's !AWViewer (V2.18) and
> downloaded from...
> http://www.mw-software.com/software/awmodules/awrender.html.

> Your version should be 0.90.

Thanks. I now have 0.90 having downloaded awviewer 218. Then I got asked
for all the other modules in awviewer!

>> ImageExtend is listed in Aemulor. When I try to open a
>> Word file in Easiwriter I get "This application needs ImageExtend
>> 0.81 or newer". *Help ImageExtend confirms that it is version 0.81.
>> EasiWriter's !Run file doesn't RMEnsure ImageExtend.

> I'm unsure of the connection with EasiWriter and WORD files. I wonder if
> the WORD file contains something like a Xara vector image.

The document was a monochrome agenda with no graphics or images.

Richard Porter

Jun 19, 2022, 1:06:09 PM6/19/22
The date being 17 Jun 2022, Chris Newman <cvj...@waitrose.com> decided to
write:
I've now got that one so it should be OK next time. What puzzles me is why
this just happened. I've been using EW/TW to read Word files for ages and
now it wants a whole new version of !AWViewer. I must have done something
which triggered this but I can't think what.

Richard Porter

Jun 20, 2022, 7:06:07 AM6/20/22
The date being 19 Jun 2022, Richard Porter <ri...@minijem.plus.com> decided
to write:

>> Mine [AWViewer] is 2.18 and lives in !Boot.Resources.

> I've now got that one so it should be OK next time. What puzzles me is why
> this just happened. I've been using EW/TW to read Word files for ages and
> now it wants a whole new version of !AWViewer. I must have done something
> which triggered this but I can't think what.

Thanks for the assistance. That does the trick. As it happened I did have
the 2.18 zip but I hadn't updated the modules in !Boot.Resources.