South West Show

Adrian Crafer

Jan 31, 2024, 5:45:06 AMJan 31
I have not seen any publicity here for the South West Show in Bristol. The
shows web site says its the 24th February at Arnos Manor Hotel as before.
The exhibitors list however shows previous exhibitors.

Is it on?

Adrian

--

acr...@orpheusmail.co.uk

Chris Hughes

Jan 31, 2024, 6:30:11 AMJan 31
In message <d1e64e2...@orpheusnet.co.uk>
Adrian Crafer <acr...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> I have not seen any publicity here for the South West Show in Bristol. The
> shows web site says its the 24th February at Arnos Manor Hotel as before.
> The exhibitors list however shows previous exhibitors.

> Is it on?

Yes it is on.

--
Chris Hughes

Folderol

Jan 31, 2024, 2:59:28 PMJan 31
Does anyone know if the hotel will be doing lunches this year. They didn't last
year.

--
Basic

Steve Fryatt

Jan 31, 2024, 5:35:04 PMJan 31
On 31 Jan, Folderol wrote in message
<20240131195926.37ed161e@devuan>:

> Does anyone know if the hotel will be doing lunches this year. They didn't
> last year.

No idea.

Given that the organisers didn't appear to know that they weren't doing
lunches until the morning of the event (when IIRC there was a discussion in
which the duty hotel staff said "Oh, were you told that there would be
catering?"), I doubt there's an easy way to find out for sure until you get
there. You can ask the organisers, but they can only tell you what they've
been told by their events management contact...

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

Sprow

Feb 1, 2024, 3:08:05 AMFeb 1
On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 7:59:28 PM UTC, Folderol wrote:
> Does anyone know if the hotel will be doing lunches this year. They didn't last
> year.

As a backup plan there is a giant Sainsbury's superstore across the road at the front of the hotel, or up the hill to the right (Sandy Park road) there's a run of local shops 400m away - I got sandwiches from there last year and I see there's even a fish & chip shop and cafe too,
Sprow.

Vince M Hudd

Feb 8, 2024, 2:50:45 PMFeb 8
Other options:

There's one of the burger chains just across the road next to the Shell
filling station (out of the hotel, turn left, and cross Bath Road at the
junction). I'd say which one (i.e McDonalds, Burger King, etc) but even
though I drive past it a couple of times a day, a couple of days per week
most weeks, I don't actually remember.

I think there are a few options along Bath Road itself as well. Probably
all on the other side of the road. (Or, just remembered, there's the Arnos
Vale Cafe - out of the hotel, turn left and walk along Bath Road, and it
should be signposted from the entrance to the Arnos Vale Cemetery - no
crossing of roads).

Slightly further afield (I should think maybe 1 to 1.5 KM) there's Avon
Meads Shopping Park where there's another chain burger outlet (again, not
sure offhand which one), and a Krispy Kreme drive through. Not the
healthiest of things to eat but, you know, doughnuts. ;)

Folderol

Feb 10, 2024, 10:01:30 AMFeb 10

>> On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 7:59:28 PM UTC, Folderol wrote:
>
>>> Does anyone know if the hotel will be doing lunches this year. They
>>> didn't last year.

I've just phoned the reception desk at Arnos Manor, and they say the restaurant
*will* be open on the 24th :)

--
Basic