Urgent: Paul V is missing

Louie

Feb 19, 2009, 10:49:22 PM2/19/09
Hello all.

please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
or the police immediately.

Louie

--
Kind regards,
Louie

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud; after a
while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Dr Peter Young

Feb 20, 2009, 3:27:56 AM2/20/09
On 20 Feb 2009 Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all.

> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.

Louie, this sounds worrying. Keep us posted, please, and I'm sure you
will be in all our thoughts.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \ / zfc Tm \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
Anne \/ __ __ \ England.

Paul Stewart

Feb 20, 2009, 4:06:59 AM2/20/09
In message <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>
Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all.

> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.

Hope you have found him safe and sound.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart - Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:pauls...@phawfaux.co.uk)

RISC OS Southwest show. Saturday February 21st. Be there and be
seen!
http://www.riscos.com/roadshows/SWShow2009/SWShow2009.htm

Bill (Adopt)

Feb 20, 2009, 5:19:00 AM2/20/09
In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>,

Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all.

> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.

Hi Louie...

He's not just 'wandered off' to get ready for the Show
this weekend thinking he's let you know..? If he has
an anti-allergy kit, has he taken it with him..?

mmm... hope he turns up ok ..'tis a worry, isn't it?

hope all well..

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/

Martin Hansen

Feb 20, 2009, 5:35:42 AM2/20/09
Hello Louie,
Might be worth posting similar on his facebook page.
Hope this turns out not to be serious...
Best wishes,
Martin.

Andrew Conroy

Feb 20, 2009, 7:59:26 AM2/20/09
In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
<URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.

I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
body. She has asked me to post this.

No more information at this time.

I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

Andrew Conroy

Rob Kendrick

Feb 20, 2009, 8:22:59 AM2/20/09

!

> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> time.

Absolutely. I'm sure I will not be alone in extending an offer to
provide any help or assistance Paul's family and friends that I can
give.

B.

fwibbler

Feb 20, 2009, 8:40:02 AM2/20/09
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact
me
> > or the police immediately.
>
> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

I'm shocked.

> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

Yes they are.

--
Graham

Dr Peter Young

Feb 20, 2009, 8:44:04 AM2/20/09

What an incredible shock, and I can only echo Andrew's words.

Martin Hansen

Feb 20, 2009, 8:44:27 AM2/20/09
I'm stunned...

> > I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.
Absolutely.
Martin.

Ian Wolfe

Feb 20, 2009, 8:52:56 AM2/20/09
In message <309697305...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>

Dr Peter Young <pny...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

> What an incredible shock, and I can only echo Andrew's words.

As do I. I would only add that although I did not have many contacts
with Paul, in all our dealings he showed himself a perfect gentleman.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

VinceH

Feb 20, 2009, 8:55:26 AM2/20/09
In article <20090220132...@trite.i.flarn.net.i.flarn.net>,

> !

I can only echo Rob's comments.

--
VinceH

Ray Dawson

Feb 20, 2009, 9:05:44 AM2/20/09
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact
> > me or the police immediately.
>
> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

That's very distressing news and my thoughts and prayers are with Louie
and the family.

Ray D

Rob Hemmings (News)

Feb 20, 2009, 9:27:12 AM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,

> Andrew Conroy

What absolutely shocking news - this is a huge loss of such a helpful and
knowledgeable person. He will be completely irreplaceable!

My thoughts are with all those who knew Paul.

Rob Hemmings Southport

rhn...@dsl.pipex.com

Doug Webb

Feb 20, 2009, 9:41:35 AM2/20/09
In message <46d147f3-ec71-4c7c...@t13g2000yqc.googlegro
ups.com>
Martin Hansen <m...@shrewsbury.org.uk> wrote:

Totally shocked at the news and our thoughts are with Louie and all of
Paul's family and friends, a really sad bit of news.

Doug

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.

Ste (news)

Feb 20, 2009, 9:43:38 AM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

I am very sorry to hear this news. Paul has been a great advocate for RISC
OS so we've all lost someone very special.

Steve

--
Steve Revill @ Home
Note: All opinions expressed herein are my own.

Richard Travers

Feb 20, 2009, 9:52:22 AM2/20/09
In article <50309d0...@revi11.plus.com>, Ste (news)

<st...@revi11.plus.com> wrote:
> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, Andrew Conroy
> <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> > time.

> I am very sorry to hear this news. Paul has been a great advocate for
> RISC OS so we've all lost someone very special.

Indeed, a huge shock and a great loss to the RISC OS community. More so, of
course, to Louie and to his family and friends, and my thoughts are with
them. So, so sorry.

Richard Travers
rich...@uwclub.net

Paul Stewart

Feb 20, 2009, 10:04:29 AM2/20/09
In message <503098a...@softrock.co.uk>
VinceH <sp...@softrock.co.uk> wrote:

>> !

Same here too.

Dave Plowman (News)

Feb 20, 2009, 10:05:28 AM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

I thought this was some form of gag when I first saw the thread. Now I'm
shocked and deeply saddened.

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

glavallin

Feb 20, 2009, 10:27:48 AM2/20/09
In message <50309b89...@dsl.pipex.com>

"Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhn...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
> Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> > <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hello all.
> > >
> > > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please
> > > contact me or the police immediately.
>
> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> > Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.
>
> > No more information at this time.
>
> > I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> > time.
>
> > Andrew Conroy
>
> What absolutely shocking news - this is a huge loss of such a helpful and
> knowledgeable person. He will be completely irreplaceable!

Yes thats a real body blow.

> My thoughts are with all those who knew Paul.

And mine also.

--

Geoff

davehigton

Feb 20, 2009, 10:27:13 AM2/20/09
On 20 Feb, 12:59, Andrew Conroy <a.m.con...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5030612400lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie

Certainly they are.

What a shock. I was with Paul, Louie and Andrew 10 days ago at the
SAUG meeting. I was chatting with Paul via e-mail a couple of days
ago, and lining up a small project to do together.

Dave

Michael Harding

Feb 20, 2009, 10:30:30 AM2/20/09
In article <50309dd6e...@uwclub.net>,

At first I thought Louie's message was a bit of banter, to be honest,
but this is devastating news. Paul was always an original, and so
helpful to those who needed his guidance.

Michael Harding

--
Rev. Preb. M. D. Harding mdha...@ormail.co.uk

Jim Lesurf

Feb 20, 2009, 10:30:21 AM2/20/09
In article <50309b89...@dsl.pipex.com>, Rob Hemmings (News)

<rhn...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, Andrew Conroy
> <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> > <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hello all.
> > >
> > > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please
> > > contact me or the police immediately.

> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> > Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.

> > No more information at this time.

> > I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> > time.

> > Andrew Conroy

> What absolutely shocking news - this is a huge loss of such a helpful
> and knowledgeable person. He will be completely irreplaceable!

> My thoughts are with all those who knew Paul.

Indeed. I also was shocked by the news. Terrible news.

Jim

--
Change 'noise' to 'jcgl' if you wish to email me.
Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm

Dave Symes

Feb 20, 2009, 9:45:08 AM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

Good grief!
This is exceedingly sad news, our thoughts are with Louie and his
family.

Dave and Fay Symes

Paul Stewart

Feb 20, 2009, 10:59:13 AM2/20/09
In message <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

I guess many others are on here are like me and am finding it really
hard to take it. I just feels so unreal that he is no longer with us.

njsm...@googlemail.com

Feb 20, 2009, 10:58:41 AM2/20/09
On 20 Feb, 12:59, Andrew Conroy <a.m.con...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5030612400lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie

> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
>
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> > or the police immediately.
>
> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

A terrible shock indeed, we have lost a generous and talented member
of our community. My condolences go to his family and friends at this
difficult time.

Nick.

Jim White

Feb 20, 2009, 10:38:31 AM2/20/09
[snip]

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

[snip]

Stunned.

--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England

Dan Jones

Feb 20, 2009, 11:14:47 AM2/20/09
On 20 Feb, 15:38, Jim White <**********> wrote:
[snip]
> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> > body. She has asked me to post this.

[snip]

My thoughts and condolences go out to Paul's friends and family.
Truly sad news.

Dan

--
Dan Jones

charles

Feb 20, 2009, 11:28:16 AM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact
> > me or the police immediately.

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

I assume this is the story on the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7901141.stm

Unbelievable.

My Deepest Sympathy, Louie

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Message has been deleted

David Bradforth

Feb 20, 2009, 11:31:55 AM2/20/09
Truly sad news.

I wish Louie & family well at this tragic time.

Paul Stewart

Feb 20, 2009, 11:38:15 AM2/20/09
In message <5030a69e...@charleshope.demon.co.uk>
charles <cha...@charleshope.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
> Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
>> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact
>>> me or the police immediately.

>> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
>> body. She has asked me to post this.

> I assume this is the story on the BBC website:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7901141.stm

Also on the Portsmouth Today site:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Body-found-washed-ashore-in.5001144.jp

However, these reports maybe unrelated to what has taken place.

Truely sad news.

Message has been deleted

Rob Kendrick

Feb 20, 2009, 11:47:24 AM2/20/09
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:22:59 +0000
Rob Kendrick <nn...@rjek.com> wrote:

> Absolutely. I'm sure I will not be alone in extending an offer to
> provide any help or assistance Paul's family and friends that I can
> give.

I have just set up a web site so everybody's words of condolences may
be stored in one central place. Just waiting for the domain
registration to happen.

It will be at http://www.paulvigay.org/ - sorry about the blandness of
the page, I've tried to get this up quickly. Biographical
contributions are welcome.

B.

Message has been deleted

John

Feb 20, 2009, 12:17:47 PM2/20/09
In article <50309f0...@davenoise.co.uk>, Dave Plowman
(News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

> I thought this was some form of gag when I first saw the
> thread. Now I'm shocked and deeply saddened.

This has been my reaction too.

--
John
new...@blueyonder.co.uk

Ben Avison

Feb 20, 2009, 12:43:44 PM2/20/09
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> time.

My deepest sympathies to all concerned. A great loss.

Ben

charles

Feb 20, 2009, 12:52:06 PM2/20/09
In article <b788a73...@phawfaux.co.uk>, Paul Stewart

> > In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, Andrew Conroy
> > <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> >> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> >> Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.

> > I assume this is the story on the BBC website:
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7901141.stm

> Also on the Portsmouth Today site:

> However, these reports maybe unrelated to what has taken place.

No, both sites now state that it is/was Paul. Poor Louie who presumably
had to do the formal identification.

Prof Ian Whitmore

Feb 20, 2009, 1:09:04 PM2/20/09
In message <op.upnvi...@balaptop.ba>
"Ben Avison" <usenet...@avison.me.uk> wrote:

> Ben

I was only communicating with Paul earlier this week - what a shock!

He will be sorely missed by the RISC OS Community.

Deepest condolances to Louie, family and friends.

Ian
--
Professor Ian Whitmore Please reply to iwhi...@argonet.co.uk
Anatomy CCSR Building 0.135 269 Campus Drive

Michael Chappell

Feb 20, 2009, 1:16:21 PM2/20/09
In article <5030a69e...@charleshope.demon.co.uk>,

charles <cha...@charleshope.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
> Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> > <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hello all.
> > >
> > > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact
> > > me or the police immediately.

> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> > body. She has asked me to post this.

> I assume this is the story on the BBC website:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7901141.stm

> Unbelievable.

> My Deepest Sympathy, Louie

I still can't believe it. What terrible news.

My sincere condolences.

Mike

Kevin Melling

Feb 20, 2009, 1:37:49 PM2/20/09
In message <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
>> or the police immediately.

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

> No more information at this time.

> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

> Andrew Conroy

Shocked and saddened by this tragic news.

Deepest sympathy to Family and friends, and to Louie.

From Kevin and Sarah.

--

Kevin Melling.
At Home.

Bill (Adopt)

Feb 20, 2009, 1:52:53 PM2/20/09
In article <5030a154c...@ormail.co.uk>,

Tragedy; very, very sad news..

Our thoughts and prayers are with Louie and the
Families at this horrendous time...

Bill, Chris' and Graham..

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/

Dr Alan Leighton

Feb 20, 2009, 1:53:14 PM2/20/09
In message <309697305...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>
Dr Peter Young <pny...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2009 Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
>> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
>>> or the police immediately.

>> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
>> body. She has asked me to post this.

>> No more information at this time.

>> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

> What an incredible shock, and I can only echo Andrew's words.

And me too. I am shocked at his untimely death,

Alan

--

Rev. Dr Alan GC Leighton PhD, D.Lt,
Priory Lodge, 86B Church Lane, Eston,

Mr John FO Evans

Feb 20, 2009, 2:38:39 PM2/20/09
My deepest sympathy to Louie and to all his family and friends. A great loss
also to the whole Orpheus community, Paul was one of our great inovators.

John

--
_ _________________________________________
/ \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services

Tony Moore

Feb 20, 2009, 2:36:32 PM2/20/09
On 20 Feb 2009, Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.
>
> No more information at this time.
>
> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> time.

Shocking news. As with others, my thoughts and sympathy are with Louie
and Paul's family.

Only three days ago, I received an email from Paul. Its tagline was

'There is no cure for birth or death save to enjoy the interval.'

Tony

Andrew C. Poole

Feb 20, 2009, 2:48:25 PM2/20/09
In message <12f39e3...@phawfaux.co.uk>
Paul Stewart <pauls...@phawfaux.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <503098a...@softrock.co.uk>
> VinceH <sp...@softrock.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article <20090220132...@trite.i.flarn.net.i.flarn.net>,
> > Rob Kendrick <nn...@rjek.com> wrote:

> >> !

> >> Absolutely. I'm sure I will not be alone in extending an offer to
> >> provide any help or assistance Paul's family and friends that I can
> >> give.
>

> > I can only echo Rob's comments.
>
> Same here too.

And here. Very sad and unexpected news indeed.

Andy.
--
Andrew C. Poole

http://www.andrewpoole.org.uk/
(Please see website contact page to email me)

Steve Fryatt

Feb 20, 2009, 2:20:28 PM2/20/09
On 20 Feb, fwibbler wrote in message
<gemini.kfd9yq001h...@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk>:

> Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> > Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.
>

> I'm shocked.

Likewise.

Although his views could sometimes be controversial, Paul always came over
as a genuinely nice person. His dedication for, and contributions to, his
various interests (RISC OS and otherwise) certainly could not be
questioned. He will be missed.

> > I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> > time.
>

> Yes they are.

Very much so.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

C J Craig

Feb 20, 2009, 4:44:44 PM2/20/09
In message <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>
Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all.

> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.

> Louie

A real tragedy. A towering strength in the RISC OS community.
He helped me. I am sad we could not help Paul. My prayers are with
dear Louie & his family.

Chris

--
C J Craig

Ch...@skipton.demon.co.uk
Iyonix ARM XScale computer Risc OS 5.11

Frank de Bruijn

Feb 20, 2009, 5:36:43 PM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,

Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> > or the police immediately.

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's

> body. She has asked me to post this.

Unreal. To think I deleted the original message almost instantly,
believing it was someone's bad idea of a joke...

My condolences to Louie and Paul's family and friends.

Frank

Ben Crick

Feb 20, 2009, 11:05:02 AM2/20/09
<a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

Andrew, if you are close to Louie, please let us know the funeral
arrangements, so that those of us who are able can drop everything
to be there for her and the family.

Ben

--
_ __________________________________________

/ \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services
\_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone'
_______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk

Revd Ben Crick BA CF <ben.crick[at]argonet.co.uk> ZFC Re
232 Canterbury Road, Birchington on sea, Kent CT7 9TD (UK)
Acorn RPC700 Kinetic RO 4.03 with Castle Iyonix RO 5.13 Ethernet
* God doesn't want shares in your life; He wants controlling interest.

Message has been deleted

Nat Queen

Feb 20, 2009, 6:57:31 PM2/20/09
Like countless others, I was devastated to hear this dreadful news,
and I extend my heartfelt sympathy to Louie and to Paul's family and
friends.

Paul was a wonderful person, always eager to help anyone with any
problem. It is hard to think of anyone who contributed more to the
RISC OS community. His impressive range of interests and activities
inspired many others as well, in more ways than most people realise.
He contributed greatly to the campaign against government attacks on
civil liberties in this country, including brilliant software to
ensure personal privacy through encryption and steganography.
Frequent discussions with Paul were an inspiration to me when creating
some of my own software - but my programming skills were pathetic in
comparison with his.

Paul will be sadly missed.

Nat

--
Dr. N.M. Queen | Phone: +44 121 414 6590 Fax: +44 121 414 3389
School of Mathematics | PGP-encrypted e-mail preferred. Public key at

Rob Kendrick

Feb 20, 2009, 7:03:41 PM2/20/09
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:05:02 GMT
Ben Crick <ben....@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, Andrew Conroy
> <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> > Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.
>
> Andrew, if you are close to Louie, please let us know the funeral
> arrangements, so that those of us who are able can drop everything
> to be there for her and the family.

I agree. I also plan to print off and bind all the kind comments that
have been left on the book of condolence, and present copies to Paul's
family and Louie. (Or post it to them if the funeral will be private.)

B.

Ian Macfarlane

Feb 20, 2009, 7:08:02 PM2/20/09
In message <1198c330...@Chris.skipton.demon.co.uk>

C J Craig <Ch...@skipton.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> Hello all.

>> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
>> or the police immediately.

>> Louie

> A real tragedy. A towering strength in the RISC OS community.
> He helped me. I am sad we could not help Paul. My prayers are with
> dear Louie & his family.

Stunned and so sorry to hear this awful news.

He was so ready to help. One of his last messages of help was written
at 5.10am on Thursday morning (riscosselect group).

Such a great loss for Louie and us all.

--
Ian Macfarlane

Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Feb 20, 2009, 7:26:12 PM2/20/09
Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.
>
> Louie

Oh this is awful. I'm terribly sorry for you, and your families, hearing
what's happened to him.

to newsre...@wingsandbeaks.org.uk replacing "nnn" by "284".

Andrew Conroy

Feb 21, 2009, 12:01:02 AM2/21/09
In article <na.3fa47e5030....@argonet.co.uk>,

Ben Crick <ben....@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, Andrew Conroy
> <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found
> > Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.

> Andrew, if you are close to Louie, please let us know the funeral
> arrangements, so that those of us who are able can drop everything
> to be there for her and the family.

With Louie and his family's permission, I shall post details as and when
available.

Right, off to the SouthWest Show now, this is going to be hard...

Andrew

--
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Andrew Conroy, Owl-Art Un-Ltd. | email: a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk |

John Chetwynd

Feb 21, 2009, 6:01:36 AM2/21/09
In message <gemini.kfe3v...@wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
<jn.nntp....@wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

> Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

>> Hello all.
>>
>> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
>> or the police immediately.
>>
>> Louie

> Oh this is awful. I'm terribly sorry for you, and your families, hearing
> what's happened to him.

This is terrible news. As a member of the SAUG group I would often see
Paul, along with Louie, at the meetings.

He was a thoroughly nice chap and extremely helpful. He will be
missed.
My thoughts are with Louie and Paul's family at this time.

--
John Chetwynd

Stuart

Feb 21, 2009, 3:24:30 AM2/21/09
In article <5030eb899c...@owlart.co.uk>,

Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@owlart.co.uk> wrote:
> With Louie and his family's permission, I shall post details as and when
> available.

> Right, off to the SouthWest Show now, this is going to be hard...

> Andrew

Yes, I would expect the atmosphere to be much subdued. Best wishes to all
involved.

Graham Pickles

Feb 20, 2009, 6:05:51 PM2/20/09
In message <5030b083...@anotherday.me.uk>
Michael Chappell <mic...@anotherday.me.uk> wrote:

My deepest condolencies to Louie, family and friends. Although I have
never met Paul I felt I knew him through his frequent news postings and
the occasional email. A sad loss to the RISC OS community.

Graham

--
Graham Pickles Running an Iyonix
Whitby Museum http://www.whitbymuseum.org.uk

Ams

Feb 21, 2009, 11:40:53 AM2/21/09
I am absolutely shocked and saddened by this tragic news. I'd like, as
so many other have done, to extend my sincerest condolences to Louie
and Paul's family.

Paul was a likeable, helpful and able person whose loss will be truly
felt by all. The number of comments here and their nature allude to
the level of regard and respect Paul had in the RISC OS community, a
respect and affection that was well deserved.

Annraoi

Martin Bazley

Feb 21, 2009, 3:00:29 PM2/21/09
The date being 20 Feb, Andrew Conroy
spouted the following:

> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> > or the police immediately.
>
> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.
>

> No more information at this time.
>

> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

Very sad news indeed - his is a loss for both our community and the Real
World. My condolences to Louie.

Sorry I didn't post anything on the website in time
- www.paulvigay.co.uk fails and www.paulvigay.com ... well, let's not
ask. (Just found the correct address elsewhere in this thread, but I'm
offline now...)

--
__<^>__ === RISC OS is a work of art. Some people adore it, ===
/ _ _ \ === others can't see the point of it, and it's really ===

Richard Porter

Feb 21, 2009, 4:01:51 PM2/21/09
The date being 20 Feb 2009, Louie <lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> decided to
write:

> Hello all.

> please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please contact me
> or the police immediately.

> Louie

This is desperately sad news. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you
and all Paul's family. I didn't know Paul, having only seen him at a
few of the South-East shows, but he was always extremely helpful not
least in maintaining the old argonet domain and forwarding email on
behalf of many former argonet subscribers. As a dedicated supporter
and advocate of RISC OS he will be irreplaceable. Riscos.org is an
invaluable resource which I hope someone will continue to maintain as
a lasting tribute to his work.

Richard

--
Richard Porter
rich@ / www. richardporter.me.uk

Michael Finlay

Feb 21, 2009, 10:47:01 AM2/21/09

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found Paul's
> body. She has asked me to post this.

> No more information at this time.

> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this time.

Very distressing news indeed. Paul was always so patient and helpful.

My sympathy and prayers to Louie and all of his family

Mike

Alex Singleton

Feb 22, 2009, 6:07:33 AM2/22/09
On 2009-02-21 21:01:51 +0000, Richard Porter
<dontu...@address.uk.invalid> said:

> Riscos.org is an
> invaluable resource which I hope someone will continue to maintain as
> a lasting tribute to his work.

Indeed. Preserving his work, on RISC OS and on other subjects, as a
tribute to his life, and a reminder to us, would be extremely
worthwhile.

--
Alex Singleton
http://www.alexsingleton.co.uk/

Alan Griffin

Feb 20, 2009, 5:05:20 PM2/20/09
In article <ant20122...@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
Andrew Conroy <a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5030612...@orpheusmail.co.uk>, Louie
> <URL:mailto:lo...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> > please help- Paul is missing, if anyone hears from him, please
> > contact me or the police immediately.

> I've just heard from Louie, and unfortunately they have now found

> Paul's body. She has asked me to post this.

> No more information at this time.

> I'm sure our thoughts are with Louie, his family and friends at this
> time.

What a terrible tragedy. I was only talking to him last week. He was
helping me with problems as usual.

Our thoughts are very much with his family and friends, and Louie.
He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

Alan Griffin

David R Lane

Feb 22, 2009, 8:31:36 AM2/22/09