Acorn themed 3D rendered backdrops

David Thomas

Jul 3, 2022, 9:02:23 AM7/3/22
Hi all,

Here are some Acorn, Archimedes, ARM, etc. themed 3D rendered backdrops:

http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/nuts.html
http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/cogs.html

Regards,
Dave

fre...@nospamfreakmail.de

Jul 3, 2022, 10:12:46 AM7/3/22
In Nachricht <t9s40t$32480$1...@dont-email.me>
David Thomas <da...@davespace.co.uk> haben Sie geschrieben:
Thats's realy cool, thanks!

Greetings,
Juergen

David Thomas

Jul 23, 2022, 7:11:57 AM7/23/22
On 03/07/2022 14:02, David Thomas wrote:

> Here are some Acorn, Archimedes, ARM, etc. themed 3D rendered backdrops:
>
> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/nuts.html
> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/cogs.html

I've just updated them with a few new pieces, e.g. there's a new
Archimedes backdrop.

It's not Acorn related but I've added a page with some logos too:
http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/logos.html

Regards,
Dave

Brian Howlett

Jul 23, 2022, 1:05:55 PM7/23/22
On 23 Jul, David Thomas <da...@davespace.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

>> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/nuts.html
>> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/cogs.html

> I've just updated them with a few new pieces, e.g. there's a new
> Archimedes backdrop.

> It's not Acorn related but I've added a page with some logos too:
> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/logos.html

Nice work!
--
Brian Howlett - Email to From: address deleted unseen
Foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: 1. get a huge block

Richard Ashbery

Jul 24, 2022, 7:13:00 AM7/24/22
In article <tbgl1r$3r36g$1...@dont-email.me>,
Nice one Dave - pity there's not a version of Blender for RISC OS!

Richard

freakN...@freakmail.de

Jul 24, 2022, 5:59:02 PM7/24/22
In Nachricht <tbgl1r$3r36g$1...@dont-email.me>
David Thomas <da...@davespace.co.uk> haben Sie geschrieben:

Thanks Dave,

really nice. Still loving the Snow-Cog and Archimedes-Cake ;-) ...

Greets, Juergen

Richard Porter

Jul 31, 2022, 6:25:32 AM7/31/22
Agreed. They're brilliant.

I'll tell you what would be really useful - a virtual background for
Zoom.us. They'd would be almost the same but with the main object placed
over to one side (unless you want a cog wheel halo) and 16:9 aspect ratio.

--
Richard Porter

Alan Ralph

Aug 17, 2022, 10:09:54 AM8/17/22
As someone who owned an Acorn Electron back in the day, that particular
backdrop really made me smile. :)

David Thomas

Aug 17, 2022, 11:16:00 AM8/17/22
On 17/08/2022 15:09, Alan Ralph wrote:
> As someone who owned an Acorn Electron back in the day, that particular
> backdrop really made me smile. :)
Ace! :-)

I've now put a couple of animations up on YouTube. First is the Acorn
logo spinning around <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVC9xYEEkt8> and
second is a fly past of the RISC OS 3 welcome banner
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqGFNqfGr-U>.

Regards,
Dave

druck

Aug 17, 2022, 4:36:06 PM8/17/22
On 17/08/2022 15:09, Alan Ralph wrote:
>>> Here are some Acorn, Archimedes, ARM, etc. themed 3D rendered backdrops:
>>>
>>> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/nuts.html
>>> http://www.davespace.co.uk/doodles/cogs.html

> As someone who owned an Acorn Electron back in the day, that particular
> backdrop really made me smile. :)

Me too. It might of been late and underpowered compared to the Beeb, but
it was my first computer and making software which ran fast enough on it
helped me become a better programmer.

---druck

David Thomas

Sep 11, 2022, 11:05:40 AM9/11/22
I've now animated the Electron backdrop and given it some moody synth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSa6zL9iSKY

Regards,
Dave

Richard Ashbery

Sep 12, 2022, 8:57:46 AM9/12/22
> I've now animated the Electron backdrop and given it some moody
> synth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSa6zL9iSKY

I'm not generally a lover of synthesised music tracks but this one
works well. Highlighting of "acorn electron" and "oaknut" synchronised
with a change in the music is excellent.

Richard

David Thomas

Sep 12, 2022, 1:04:05 PM9/12/22
Thanks!