DELL 1320c

Richard Porter

Dec 25, 2021, 4:53:44 PM12/25/21
Does anyone know a driver for the Dell 1320c colour laser printer? I'm
using the USB connection and PS3 driver but it doesn't want to know. I
could try it on the LAN.

Theo

Dec 25, 2021, 6:00:15 PM12/25/21
https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_printers_main/esuprt_printers_color_laser/dell-1320c_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf

"PDL/Emulations: Windows only"

It's a Winprinter, so that's not looking good.

Some people say it's a rebadged Fujitsu, and to use the Fujitsu-Xerox
DocuPrinter C525 drivers for Linux. I don't think anything similar exists
for RISC OS.

Gutenprint only lists a handful of Dell, Fujitsu or Xerox models. It could
be worth a try, but I think it's unlikely to work.

Perhaps attach it to a Windows machine and use Uniprint?

Theo

Richard Darby (news)

Dec 26, 2021, 6:53:32 AM12/26/21
In article <05158da...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
On page 119 of the downloadable printer manual it states, PDL/Emulations -
Windows only. Which suggests that there are no RISC OS native drivers for
this printer.

One possible solution might be to print to PDF and transfer that file to
Windows computer and print it from there.

Richard Darby.

--

Richard Darby.
website: http://www.rjdarby.co.uk

Chris Newman

Dec 26, 2021, 11:53:16 AM12/26/21
In article <05158da...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
Richard Porter <ri...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
You might try Laser Jet 6 driver. I got my Samsung CLP-620nd (which is
CLP only & doesn't support PostScript) to at least print black.
I have a copy if you need it.

--
Chris Newman

Richard Porter

Dec 28, 2021, 5:07:33 PM12/28/21
The date being 26 Dec 2021, Chris Newman <cvj...@waitrose.com> decided to
write:
Thanks. I'll try LJ6. At lease I'm talking to the printer with Iris.
Unfortunately there's an address clash and I can't change the IP address
of the printer (or to do a factory reset).

--
Richard Porter

Chris Hughes

Dec 28, 2021, 6:06:39 PM12/28/21
In message <8d791ba...@user.minijem.plus.com>
Does it not have an LCD screen on the printer, you can usually change
settings via that or via the PC. I tend to give my printers a static IP
address, makes life easier I found.

--
Chris Hughes

Richard Porter

Jan 8, 2022, 5:05:58 PM1/8/22
The date being 28 Dec 2021, Chris Hughes <li...@noonehere.co.uk> decided
It does have a screen with very limited functionality - warning lights for
toner low, paper jam and not much else. No text output. I could try with a
Windows laptop.

Andrew Conroy

Jan 9, 2022, 12:39:59 PM1/9/22
In article <59a0f719...@waitrose.com>,
I'm not sure of the relevance here. The CLP-620nd supports PCL (not CLP,
which is the model number not a language), hence the LasJet6 driver on
RISC OS works for it. The Dell 1320c does not appear to support PCL or
Postscript, so the LasJet6 driver clearly won't work here.

Andrew

--
| Andrew Conroy, Owl-Art Un-Ltd. | email: a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk |