Re: R-Comp Interactive announce 4te2 RISC OS (and Linux? and more?) computer

Chris Craig

Mar 27, 2022, 5:51:34 AM3/27/22
In message <ap.0c54f759cf.a...@argonet.co.uk>
Andrew Rawnsley <rc...@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]

Good morning Andrew

Looks good!
Does Linux use more than one core in this implementation?
Can RISC OS use Linux for printing? Epson EP-720 I have to use Uniprint &
a PC
Would my SSD from my ARMX6 238GB transplant into 42
Does 42 have a SD card back up facility like my ARMX6 120GB
Data & programs back up over night into 96GB periodically

Just some thoughts
Good luck

Chris
--
chris....@btinternet.com
ARMX6 RISC OS 5.29

Chris Hughes

Mar 27, 2022, 7:09:17 AM3/27/22
In message <b193adcf...@btinternet.com>
Chris Craig <chris....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> In message <ap.0c54f759cf.a...@argonet.co.uk>
> Andrew Rawnsley <rc...@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> [snip]

> Good morning Andrew

> Looks good!
> Does Linux use more than one core in this implementation?
> Can RISC OS use Linux for printing? Epson EP-720 I have to use Uniprint &
> a PC
> Would my SSD from my ARMX6 238GB transplant into 42
> Does 42 have a SD card back up facility like my ARMX6 120GB
> Data & programs back up over night into 96GB periodically

> Just some thoughts
> Good luck

Did you mean to post this on usenet?

You would obviously be better contacting R-Comp direct to answer your
questions.

--
Chris Hughes
Don't miss this years Wakefield Show 21st May 2022 - we have move to
check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

Someone Somewhere

Mar 27, 2022, 9:23:55 AM3/27/22
On 27/03/2022 12:00, Chris Hughes wrote:
> In message <b193adcf...@btinternet.com>
> Chris Craig <chris....@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> In message <ap.0c54f759cf.a...@argonet.co.uk>
>> Andrew Rawnsley <rc...@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:
>> [snip]
>
>> Good morning Andrew
>
>> Looks good!
>> Does Linux use more than one core in this implementation?
>> Can RISC OS use Linux for printing? Epson EP-720 I have to use Uniprint &
>> a PC
>> Would my SSD from my ARMX6 238GB transplant into 42
>> Does 42 have a SD card back up facility like my ARMX6 120GB
>> Data & programs back up over night into 96GB periodically
>
>> Just some thoughts
>> Good luck
>
> Did you mean to post this on usenet?
>
> You would obviously be better contacting R-Comp direct to answer your
> questions.

What's wrong with him posting questions here?

If someone is posting to csa.announce and setting followups to csa.misc
presumably it is reasonable to suppose that the announcement may
generate discussions and queries - which are far better answered here
because then everyone else can find the answer rather than every man and
his dog having to contact r-comp to have a 1:1 conversation.

In general a little more information on R-comp products in the public
domain wouldn't go amiss either so that can only help that!

Chris Hughes

Mar 27, 2022, 9:42:29 AM3/27/22
In message <t1poh7$1ts4$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
Someone Somewhere <nnt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/03/2022 12:00, Chris Hughes wrote:
>> In message <b193adcf...@btinternet.com>
>> Chris Craig <chris....@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <ap.0c54f759cf.a...@argonet.co.uk>
>>> Andrew Rawnsley <rc...@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>
>>> Good morning Andrew
>>
>>> Looks good!
>>> Does Linux use more than one core in this implementation?
>>> Can RISC OS use Linux for printing? Epson EP-720 I have to use Uniprint &
>>> a PC
>>> Would my SSD from my ARMX6 238GB transplant into 42
>>> Does 42 have a SD card back up facility like my ARMX6 120GB
>>> Data & programs back up over night into 96GB periodically
>>
>>> Just some thoughts
>>> Good luck
>>
>> Did you mean to post this on usenet?
>>
>> You would obviously be better contacting R-Comp direct to answer your
>> questions.
>>

> What's wrong with him posting questions here?

Since it was addressed to Andrew personally, I think he had intended it to
go to Andrew

> If someone is posting to csa.announce and setting followups to csa.misc
> presumably it is reasonable to suppose that the announcement may
> generate discussions and queries - which are far better answered here
> because then everyone else can find the answer rather than every man and
> his dog having to contact r-comp to have a 1:1 conversation.

The announcement also said

"You can find out more at http://www.riscoscomputers.co.uk/4te2.shtml

If you have any questions, we'd be very happy to hear from you, and help
as best we can :)"

Its usually the moderator of CSA.announce who decides the best usenet
group for followup, not Andrew.

> In general a little more information on R-comp products in the public
> domain wouldn't go amiss either so that can only help that!

Err its all in the public doamin via the website for all their computers,
they also have a mailing for all existing owners of their computers.

But to answer the general questions of the OP.

Linux will use all 4 cores. No idea about the printing query.

You could I suppose transplant your SSD but you would need the correct
!Boot for a Raspberry Pi.

The final bit about backup SD card option, might be an option to be
requested.