Clares Arcade 3 Compilation

Matthew Thompson

Jul 23, 2015, 2:13:55 PM7/23/15
I have just got hold of a copy of Clares Arcade 3 Compilation, but it
doesn't seem to like RISC OS 3, the game runs as a Shift/Break - as
many of the early games did but whilst the machine reboots instead of

I'm guessing that it is a RISC OS 2 only game, or maybe it's not
compatible with my A4 laptop?, it was a (C) 1988 game so maybe it was
written for Arthur?

Any help much appreciated
cheers
Matthew

--

Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com
Using RISC OS 5 : RISC OS Open Ltd www.riscosopen.co.uk

Sebastian Barthel

Aug 2, 2015, 12:58:46 PM8/2/15
Am Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:14:50 +0100 schrieb Matthew Thompson:

> I have just got hold of a copy of Clares Arcade 3 Compilation ...
> instead of loading it tells me again that it
> needs shift/break to load.

Eventually its a good idea to extract the text of the !Boot and the !Run
Obey files (doubleclick + shift) and post it here.

SBn.

Theo Markettos

Aug 30, 2015, 10:48:44 AM8/30/15
Matthew Thompson <m...@removethisred-squirrel.com> wrote:
> I have just got hold of a copy of Clares Arcade 3 Compilation, but it
> doesn't seem to like RISC OS 3, the game runs as a Shift/Break - as
> many of the early games did but whilst the machine reboots instead of
>
> I'm guessing that it is a RISC OS 2 only game, or maybe it's not
> compatible with my A4 laptop?, it was a (C) 1988 game so maybe it was
> written for Arthur?

Try:
*Configure Filesystem ADFS
*Configure Drive 0
*Configure NoBoot

Then shift-break should work. However you'll have to put the settings back
to normal if you have a hard drive and want to boot from that instead.

*EXEC ADFS::0.$.!Boot is usually the way to run these without shift-break
(!Boot is usually a list of commands rather than an application),
however some games reconfigure the machine (unplugging modules to save
memory) and then reboot - you may fox them if starting them happens
differently.

Theo

Matthew Thompson

Aug 31, 2015, 6:39:52 AM8/31/15
In message <szd*Yx...@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Thanks for the replies to this , I'd completely forgotten about it,
unfortunately the only working machine I have at the moment is my
Iyonix and I don't think i'd get much joy out of that with this game,
hopefully my A4 and A3000 will work again and I can try it on there.