Major bug fixed in Star Fighter 3000

Christopher Bazley

Dec 25, 2014, 7:37:56 PM12/25/14
I have just released version 3.19 of the game Star Fighter 3000, which fixes a serious bug that made A-T-A missiles ineffective.

I strongly urge anyone who downloaded the game since September 15th, 2013 (versions 3.16 to 3.18) to upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://starfighter.acornarcade.com/sfdownloads.htm

The bug was introduced with the invulnerability cheat code. As far as I know, no-one has guessed it yet. It's the name of a climbing plant.

acornst...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2014, 7:13:50 PM12/28/14
--------

Hi, I've just downloaded this and been attempting to run it. My Risc PC has a fault at the moment unfortunately, so in the meantime I thought I'd try it on the A3020. I'm getting the error message - needs Window Manager 3.80. I think this is to do with WIMP. Any thoughts? I've tried the link to the Toolbox modules but the link to download is broken on the riscos website...

I've looked on Rool but I don't want to mess up the old system with bits of risc os 5... Is there a way to softload a newer wimp module on risc os 3.11?

I've got 3.70 on the Risc PC (with some updates) but that needs repairing, I think the hard drive is failing on it. Don't worry the CMOS battery is fine I've checked.

I'm a semi-novice so any help would be appreciated to run this classic game.

Thanks,

Matt.

Richard Walker

Jan 1, 2015, 5:35:43 PM1/1/15
You can install it if you use the latest 'universal' boot plus the system resources from

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/common

Get harddisc4 and system. They should work on RISC OS 3.1 to 5.0.

Christopher Bazley

Jan 4, 2015, 6:32:05 AM1/4/15
Hi Matt,

Some links on the ROL web site are broken in a revamp. I think these are the items you need:
http://www.riscos.com/ftp_space/generic/uniboot/uniboot.zip
http://www.riscos.com/ftp_space/generic/toolbox/files/tbox040903.zip

Christopher