Can't get Exile working on RPC600! AAAAARGH!

Paul J. Taylor

Sep 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/30/95
Having spent a couple of minutes over the moon at finding Exile gas been
posted to this newsgroup, I was brought back down to Earth with a sickening
crunch when it refused to work on my RPC600. Having patched the emulator,
when I run !Exile, I just get a blank screen, followed by a lot of fishing
around the back of the machine for the reset button.

I've not been having a very good week, and this is just pure cruelty.

Please, please, please can someone tell me what the problem is? Am I going
to have to finally get round to sending for !GameOn?

Paul

| Paul J. Taylor | pa...@cyplexia.demon.co.uk | Up the resolution! |

Paul Clifford

Oct 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/1/95
In article <19950930....@cyplexia.demon.co.uk>,

pa...@cyplexia.demon.co.uk (Paul J. Taylor) wrote:

> Having spent a couple of minutes over the moon at finding Exile gas
> been posted to this newsgroup, I was brought back down to Earth with a
> sickening crunch when it refused to work on my RPC600. Having patched
> the emulator, when I run !Exile, I just get a blank screen, followed
> by a lot of fishing around the back of the machine for the reset
> button.

Decode the following file, and run it (it's a BASIC program) before
MakeExile to make 65Host run on the RiscPC, and therefore, Exile.

--
_ _
/_/ /

... A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools.

RPC65Host

Philip R. Banks

Oct 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/2/95
pa...@cyplexia.demon.co.uk (Paul J. Taylor) writes:

> Please, please, please can someone tell me what the problem is? Am I going
> to have to finally get round to sending for !GameOn?

No, it does work. Anyone who wants a working patched version of the game -
give me an email. Now if only someone could fix the emulator so that the break
key works...

Philip

--
Philip R. Banks http://www.central.co.nz/~philip/ @@@@@/|
@@@@/#|

Julian Wright

Oct 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/3/95
pa...@cyplexia.demon.co.uk (Paul J. Taylor) writes:

> Please, please, please can someone tell me what the problem is? Am I going
> to have to finally get round to sending for !GameOn?

Have you patched your copy of the *emulator* to work with the Risc PC yet?
If not, see the FAQ for the patch...

Cheers, Julian.