Photodesk

Richard Porter

Mar 17, 2022, 3:11:26 PM3/17/22
Is anyone using Photodesk on RO 5 (5.29, ARMX6)? I've been trying to use
it but I can't get the paintbrush and airbrush to work, except for the
special patterns under airbrush. I have tried with and without aemulor.
I'm fairly sure it did work with OS5 although I originally had it on RO6.
--
Richard Porter

druck

Mar 17, 2022, 5:09:06 PM3/17/22
What version of Photodesk? There have been quite a few updates fixing
problems since I first ported it to 32 bit.

---druck

Chris Craig

Mar 17, 2022, 5:38:24 PM3/17/22
In message <t1081g$jon$1...@dont-email.me>
3.14-17 (2017/03/05)
Seems to work here. Without Aemulor.

--
chris....@btinternet.com
ARMX6 RISC OS 5.29

Richard Porter

Mar 17, 2022, 6:33:01 PM3/17/22
3.14 (2016/10/24)

Richard Porter

Mar 17, 2022, 6:53:04 PM3/17/22
The date being 17 Mar 2022, Chris Craig <chris....@btinternet.com>
It's gone from bad to worse! I downloaded the fix but freshen threw out an
error, then Photodesk wouldn't run so I copied a back-up version from my
NAS and that won't run because it suspects a copyright infringement.

Bernard

Mar 18, 2022, 2:47:22 AM3/18/22
In message <c346cec...@user.minijem.plus.com>
Just reinstall Photodesk from the original v3.14 !Install program and
then apply the v3.14-17 update.

Bernard
--
Contact Me - www.bapfish.org.uk/contact/
Web - www.bapfish.org.uk/

John Rickman

Mar 18, 2022, 5:09:49 AM3/18/22
In message <5680ccc...@user.minijem.plus.com>
Richard my setup is the same as yours - ARMX6 5.29 and 3.14.
It works for me without Aemulor.

John

--
John Rickman

Alan Griffin

Mar 18, 2022, 7:00:19 AM3/18/22
In article <7bedc7ca...@btinternet.com>,
Chris Craig <chris....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> > What version of Photodesk? There have been quite a few updates
> > fixing problems since I first ported it to 32 bit.

> > ---druck

> 3.14-17 (2017/03/05)
> Seems to work here. Without Aemulor.

Yes. I'm using the same on my ARMXX6 and it works fine.

Alan

Paul Sprangers

Mar 19, 2022, 9:41:10 AM3/19/22
In article <2725faca59.Bernard@iMX6>,
Bernard <ber...@nospam.bapfish.org.uk> wrote:

> Just reinstall Photodesk from the original v3.14 !Install program and
> then apply the v3.14-17 update.

Where can I find this update?

Kind regards,
Paul

--
http://www.riscos.sprie.nl

Steve Fryatt

Mar 19, 2022, 10:35:08 AM3/19/22
On 19 Mar, Paul Sprangers wrote in message
<59cba3e...@sprie.nl>:

> In article <2725faca59.Bernard@iMX6>,
> Bernard <ber...@nospam.bapfish.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Just reinstall Photodesk from the original v3.14 !Install program and
> > then apply the v3.14-17 update.
>
> Where can I find this update?

Probably here:

http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/products/photodesk.shtml

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

Paul Sprangers

Mar 19, 2022, 2:44:41 PM3/19/22
In article <mpro.r8zx2z00...@stevefryatt.org.uk>,
Steve Fryatt <ne...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:

> Probably here:
> http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/products/photodesk.shtml

Thank you Steve. For some reason (dementia?), I missed the free bugfix
upgrade line. Now sorted.

Richard Porter

Mar 21, 2022, 6:27:28 PM3/21/22
The date being 18 Mar 2022, John Rickman <ric...@argonet.co.uk> decided
to write:

> Richard my setup is the same as yours - ARMX6 5.29 and 3.14.
> It works for me without Aemulor.

Aemulor might have been the problem as I was using Impression-X which
requires it. I put in an RMEnsure for the Aemulor module.

Anyway I now have a working version. Many thanks to Andrew at CJE-Micros
for the excellent customer support!

Richard