Cortex-A8 compatibility of MW Software's apps?

1 view

Dave Higton

Mar 31, 2010, 4:56:45 PM3/31/10
Do MW Software's applications run on Cortex-A8 processors? If not,
is there any plan to make them do so?

Alexander Ausserstorfer is asking about compatibility of various
apps in comp.sys.acorn.misc in the thread "Re: RISC OS, The Decline".

Dave

Martin Wuerthner

Mar 31, 2010, 7:13:29 PM3/31/10
In message <65ebcc0051...@dsl.pipex.com>
Dave Higton <daveh...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Do MW Software's applications run on Cortex-A8 processors?

ArtWorks 2.9 runs fine. TechWriter 8.8 does not run. Which is funny
since it is the exact opposite of what I would have expected. On the
other hand that is nice because it is likely that recompiling
TechWriter will do the trick, whereas it could have been very
difficult to fix ArtWorks if it had not worked out of the box.

> If not, is there any plan to make them do so?

Yes. I do not think it will be difficult to get TechWriter to run.

> Alexander Ausserstorfer is asking about compatibility of various
> apps in comp.sys.acorn.misc in the thread "Re: RISC OS, The Decline".

Thanks, I had not noticed.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner MW Software http://www.mw-software.com/
ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spam...@mw-software.com [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]

Alexander Ausserstorfer

Apr 1, 2010, 11:14:16 PM4/1/10
In der Nachricht
<d86fd900...@bach.planiverse.com>
Martin Wuerthner <spam...@mw-software.com>
hat geschrieben:

> > Do MW Software's applications run on Cortex-A8 processors?
>
> ArtWorks 2.9 runs fine. TechWriter 8.8 does not run. Which is funny
> since it is the exact opposite of what I would have expected. On the
> other hand that is nice because it is likely that recompiling
> TechWriter will do the trick, whereas it could have been very
> difficult to fix ArtWorks if it had not worked out of the box.
>
> > If not, is there any plan to make them do so?
>
> Yes. I do not think it will be difficult to get TechWriter to run.
>
> > Alexander Ausserstorfer is asking about compatibility of various
> > apps in comp.sys.acorn.misc in the thread "Re: RISC OS, The Decline".
>
> Thanks, I had not noticed.

Many thanks from here, a at the moment snowed-on-highland, too.

In the mid-age, I read a note in the last issue of Archive about
ArtWorks running on the Beagle-board but I wasn't sure if it is just
running by double-click or working all and everything.

A.

--
http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/