Charity Stall at Wakefield Show - Press Release

Chris Hughes

Mar 28, 2006, 7:33:16 AM3/28/06
Press Release:
--------------

The Wakefield RISCOS Computer Show, being held on Saturday 13th May
2006, will once again have a charity stall raising money for the
Wakefield Hospice as we have done for the past 8 years and having
raised over 14,000 ukp in that time thanks to your generosity.

As many people will know we had to make some changes last year to what
we could accept as a result of the introduction of the regulations
(which were delayed to this year, but in fact many disposal companies
were already following the new regulations).

As a result we will once again be restricting what we can have on the
charity stall.

Basically this means NO PRINTERS, NO PC's, and generally no Monitors.

We will be able to accept a limited (and we mean limited) number of
RiscPC's and A7000+'s by prior arrangement only (any unsold at the end
of
the day an exhibitor has kindly agreed to take away and make a
contribution to the hospice).

It is also possible we might be able to take one or two BBC B/Master's
again by prior arrangement, since we know someone interested in these.

Please do NOT abuse this facility we do not want a repeat of last year
where someone from the Cheshire area dumped some 40 PC's from a
business on us and the Hospice rather then have them properly disposed
of, the Hospice ended up having to pay for the disposal - not very
nice.

The Hospice will NOT accept computers, monitors, or printers, unless
we have agreed to it in advance.

Smaller items can still be sent/taken in advance to:

Wakefield Hospice (Fund Raising) Ltd
Hemingway House
Thornes Moor Business Park
Thornes Moor Road
WAKEFIELD
WF2 8PG

They can accept direct deliveries between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm Monday
to Friday

PLEASE ENSURE YOU MARK THE PARCEL:

"FOR THE ATTENTION OF TERRY RIGG - WAKEFIELD 2006 RISC OS SHOW"

You can of course still bring items to the stall on the day, the
earlier the
better obviously, so we have a chance to sell the item with the show
only being a one day event.

Visit the show website at http://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

Show enquires to: show20...@wakefieldshow.org.uk

The Organisers:
---------------

The show is organised by Chris Hughes on behalf of the Wakefield
RISCOS Computer Club and other volunteer members help run the show,
doing many varied tasks from manning the club stand and charity stall
to collecting tickets and stewarding, etc..

--
Chris Hughes - Wakefield Show Coordinator
13th May 2006

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net