RiscOSM and Recce updates

Matthew Phillips

Jan 8, 2022, 9:12:31 AM1/8/22
Over Christmas we have released new versions of RiscOSM, Recce, and updated
map data for RiscOSM. These are available from our downloads page:
http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/riscosm/downloads.php

Recce version 1.06 fixes a small issue which meant data on UK road collisions
was not being fetched fully.

RiscOSM version 2.07 has improved linking to live bus departure times across
Great Britain and better handling of hyperlinks from WikiData. Since our
last announcement here, other releases of RiscOSM have added PNG and JPEG
export of maps and better map drawing performance when other applications are
doing background processing. There have also been many bug fixes.

The map data available from the downloads page has been updated to November
2021. The new data will only work with RiscOSM version 2.00 onwards. If you
are still on an older version of RiscOSM we do encourage you to upgrade: the
drawing of small scale maps is very much faster.

RiscOSM is a mapping application for RISC OS, using OpenStreetMap data to
display interactive maps of many countries using data stored locally. You
can change the style of the map, export as draw or various bitmap options,
follow hyperlinks, plot points and routes on the map, interact with GPS
applications like SatNav, and all sorts of other things. Recce is an
optional add-on for RiscOSM which retrieves map-based data from various web
services, including photographs, weather forecasts, and data on UK planning
applications.

--
Matthew Phillips
Sine Nomine Software