Public Transport Comes To KevNav

Kevin Wells

Jun 5, 2022, 4:40:11 AMJun 5
Hi

My UK route finding application for RISC OS called KevNav has had
another upgrade bringing it to version 1.02

New in this version is the ability to select public transport as an
option for routes. You can select when you want to leave after or arrive
before with the public transport option and after a while it will
display a route and with the possibility to show other routes as well.

The data can be save as either plain text or html formats, and the
individual leg of the route can if clicked with the left hand mouse
button launch an application that can display KML files or if clicked
with the right hand mouse button save it as a KML file.

Another new feature is if metric measurements are used then anything
over a 1,000 metres is displayed as kilometres.

It can be downloaded from:

<http://kevsoft.co.uk/#KevNav>

Or:

<https://kevsoft.wordpress.com/2022/06/03/public-transport-comes-to-kevnav/>

I have uploaded a short YouTube video of it in action:

<https://youtu.be/ZTldgMeUp2o>

It does require a working internet connection and wget to work.

<http://www.riscos.info/packages/NetworkDetails.html#Wgetarm>

The data comes from the Transport API site:

<https://www.transportapi.com/>

If you like my software why not purchase some of my merchandise:

<https://shop.spreadshirt.co.uk/kevsoft-risc-os-software/>

Or donate money through my Ko-Fi pages:

<https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft>

--