Argonet finally closes its doors!

Paul Vigay

Jul 15, 2005, 6:35:13 AM7/15/05
Today, Argonet subscribers yet to make the switch over to Orpheus will find
that they can no longer dial into Argonet.

Dialup access was turned off early this morning, but email will work for a
couple more days to allow people to fetch their argonet emails from
alternative ISPs. If you're having difficulties, please do not panic, as
I'm trying to help everyone having problems during the switchover.

Orpheus Internet have secured the argonet.co.uk domain name and are
offering a forwarding service to your current email POP3 mailbox. I'm also
hoping to re-instate links to <URL:http://www.argonet.co.uk/> hosted
websites.

If you have a website or domain hosted with Argonet, please contact Orpheus
as soon as possible to ensure that your site gets switched across to the
new server and any relevant link from
<URL:http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/....> updated.

As you can no doubt appreciate, the Orpheus technical support phones are
very busy at the moment, so please persevere if you have difficulty getting
through. I am aiming to deal with everyone.

Orpheus Internet Services provide a full range of dialup and broadband
services for all operating systems and computers, in addition to web
hosting, domain registration and internet services & consultancy.

Paul

P.S. If you know of any Argonet subscribers encountering problems, please
forward this message onto them.

--
/ \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Technical Support

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>